Gaming NTSC games on old PAL tv - any progress?

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am asking here if any progress has been made concerning NTSC games compatibility on OLD pal TVs.

The problem that many old tvs have is that by using any Loader to start a game (Gecko, BackupLoader) you get the game to work but in red color. (if game is run from system menu, color is normal).

Usually to fix this problem one can patch the game for example with WiiFrii to PAL and then eventually use Force Pal60 option in the loaders. (Using that option without having patched the game before gets a black screen)

However in the last time there have been a few games for which I know no solution, Rygar is one for example, maybe because of the 002 error. When I patch the game I cannot load it. I assume its the same for Wii Sports Resort (I will try it later however).

So is there any kind of loader that has a working fix for color problems on old TVs (especially for Wii Sports Resort JAP if possible)?

And yes I know that I should get a new soon TV, but this Philips TV has survived for 14 years hehe and still kickin
wink.gif

Btw. Wii 3.4 PAL

Thanks for every post!

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah yea sure. By saying that you dont recommend playing NTSC games you solved my problem! Thanks... ah wait, no.

You do know that some games dont get released in Europe do you?
So even if I get the NTSC games to work in full color I should still NOT play them, because you recommend it without any reason?

And I will still play my PAL games via DVDs, I didnt ask you how I should play my games.

What I asked was: Is there any way to play certain NTSC games on old PAL TV without red lines.

I know several ways not to play games at all, or not to use my Wii at all, I dont need recomendations for that... sry if I sound rude, but I really did not expect such a crappy post.

You could hav just said, no no progress and no solution till now (if you really know it, not just assuming)

Helix94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His advice was perfectly reasonable and I'm sure most people who know anything about Wii backups would give a similar response. No need to be a dick about it.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
On my old TV I used to have a similair problem. But instead of red lines it was gray. To fix that I used an NTSC scart cable.

But I donno if that works for your red line problem.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well gray lines usually come if youre playing NTSC games without a RGB cable. I dunno if you mean that with NTSC scart cable. If NTSC cable is something different then maybe I could aswell try it.

and Helix his advice was not reasonable.
You see out of ALL NTSC games, about 10 games dont work on my old TV in color. And because those 10 dont work I shouldnt play ANY ntsc games (not even the ones that work perfectly) at all!?
Read his post again to see that he said not to play ANY NTSC games.
How does that make sense? Dont even play those games that work?
I am not being a dick about it, I asked if progress has been made on that case, a simple no would have done it. How is it a help if someone just says: Just dont do anything regarding it, forget the problem.

It would be just as if someone asks: Where can I buy a house for 200.000€?
And then he comes and says: I dont recommend buying any house, go buy yourself a car...

I know this is off-topic now but Im really fed up with such posts, almost every help topic has one of that kind in them. And when the topic starter argues about it he is eventually accused for being an asshole because he is not accepting help... Well that isnt help, if you dont know how to help/dont want to help then just dont post, but such posts where one says: "Just forget your problem and do something else" will solve nothing.

I have created this topic because I know that there were a few people working with this problem trying to find a solution so I thought one of them maybe came up and told me if any progress has been made on the case. But instead I get one completely idiotic post, one post confirming that post and out of 3 posts only 1 who really tries to help...
This topic is heading nowhere feel free to close or delete it, seems like you cannot ask for help nowadays without some ppl posting their crap ideas... I will just pm the ppl who hav been working a bit on the problem.
Thank you King Zargo for the only helpful post in this thread!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Red screen is a rgb only problem. If video mode patching does not help, you have no other choice than using the crap cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER