Gaming ntsc and pal question

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i live in aus so i obvoiusly have a pal wii.

My mum is in bali in the moment so she is buying cheap copied wii and GC games, and i have a feeling there going to be ntsc. Would i have to change the region to run them, or will they work without anyt adjustments as my wii is 3.2E firmware.

Thanks. & btw i have d2ckey

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your chip should have regionfree built into it I think, otherwise you can just download the freeloader and use that to play the games if they don't work.

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so theres no real risk in playing them as i already have the latest firmware?

thanks guys...hopefully it goes ok

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
there is no risk in playing the GC games.
But the Wii games, be more careful, as a wrong update may (semi-)brick your wii. Your 3.2E firmware should be able to run most of the games. However, some games contain a small update they always want to install, regardless of the firmware version. The version number also doesn't change after the update.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ran the NTSC-U Brawl update on my 3.2E Wii (retail version so I couldn't trucha sign) and got duplicate channels (which I moved) but every NTSC-U game works as long as it was before the 3.2U update. Might help if the freeloader trick doesn't work out well for you.

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DrHectic said:
I ran the NTSC-U Brawl update on my 3.2E Wii (retail version so I couldn't trucha sign) and got duplicate channels (which I moved) but every NTSC-U game works as long as it was before the 3.2U update. Might help if the freeloader trick doesn't work out well for you.

yeh i did the same thing with ssbb, i got dup channels but i jus moved them to the end of the list. Mite try channel remover sumtime.

Thanks mate, u wouldnt know if bali games are pal or ntsc would you?

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well you mentioned that they were copied games so I'd probably say they're likely to by ntsc, seeing as they usually come out in ntsc regions first. It won't really make a big difference anyway

tredes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wat would be the biggest risk?? could i fully brick my wii?? or will it be a semi brick??

and do games ask for the update? or does it automaticly install??

i want to be sure before i go and fuck something up...

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When games want to update they will prompt you saying they want to update when you load them, you press 'ok' at it begins. If you want to quit it then just turn off your wii. (Most) Games with no updates should run fine regardless of region anyway with a chip/freeloader

Look in the hacking forum and search for the game you want to play to see if there are any issues with it, usually the freeloader double load will get around the update.

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You probably would only semi brick your wii or get double channels if you took the wrong update. The two most common games with updates are Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2