Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be working alright for me, even with my crap internet. However, every time I load a pokemon Game the screen just stays on the NDS screen and never boots. If I run the debugger after I boot the game it works fine. (Not that it matters but Pokemon will only let you use Local Trades while streaming on Wi-Fi)

EDIT: That and the bottom screen seems to lag WAY more than the top. Seems awkward since the bottom screen uses less animations.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Seems to be working alright for me, even with my crap internet. However, every time I load a pokemon Game the screen just stays on the NDS screen and never boots. If I run the debugger after I boot the game it works fine. (Not that it matters but Pokemon will only let you use Local Trades while streaming on Wi-Fi)

EDIT: That and the bottom screen seems to lag WAY more than the top. Seems awkward since the bottom screen uses less animations.
The bottom screen lag might be due to a bug rather than a CPU performance issue.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bottom screen lag might be due to a bug rather than a CPU performance issue.
I assumed as much as it's a preview release. Still pretty cool. Also, after checking a few other games, they ALL hang on the 3DS screen. Only apps and VC games seem to get past it. If I run the debugger, then the stream, then load the game it hangs..... If I run the debugger, load the game, THEN load the stream it doesn't.
I'm wondering if this is because I never replaced the firmware.bin in my rei folder. I'm still using the one that came with the newest rei update (3.2 maybe?). I guess I'll switch the firm.bins out and see if it works properly.

EDIT: I haven't switched the firmware yet but using
write(0x0105AE4,(0x70,0x47), pid=0x1a) before launching fixed the problem.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstall NTR CIA regardless of version, install 3.4 CIA, make sure you're using the correct .bin?

What CFW are you using? Version?

First off, what is the title ID to uninstall it in FBI? I only overwrote it, but I'll try uninstalling if that helps.
I'm using the ntr.bin from NTR_3.4PREVIEW1_STARTER_KIT.zip and put it on the root of the SD card. ntr.bin is 135 kb, is that correct?

I'm using rxTools emuNAND 10.7.
sysNAND is 4.5.

Thanks.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
First off, what is the title ID to uninstall it in FBI? I only overwrote it, but I'll try uninstalling if that helps.
I'm using the ntr.bin from NTR_3.4PREVIEW1_STARTER_KIT.zip and put it on the root of the SD card. ntr.bin is 135 kb, is that correct?

I'm using rxTools emuNAND 10.7.
sysNAND is 4.5.

Thanks.

I never actually used NTR until this 3.4 preview, late to the party. But, I assume it's enough to just uninstall it in System Settings? ntr.bin is 137692 bytes.
I'm using AuReiNand 10.7 on SysNAND, maybe there's something different between our firm files. Not sure if it should matter. I'm just wondering as much as you do why it says 2.4 when you launch it.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
on jp pdf :
In the official version will be released later in addition to video transmission function, other features will support the old 3ds
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ipRfO0hi6RRVJXRkdINE9peW8/view?pref=2&pli=1
I read:
This version is an early stage of development preview version, only the new 3ds is supported for now, O3ds support may be added later.
In addition to the video transmission function, other features will not support the old 3ds.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thx
This version is an early stage of development preview version, only the new 3ds, do not support the old 3ds. In the official version will be released later in addition to video transmission function, other features will support the old 3ds.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how do I start the viewer with those commands? :s
Create a shortcut to it, and edit the target like so:
Screenshot%202016-04-13%2019.20.51.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ipRfO0hi6RRVJXRkdINE9peW8

I already translated the document for those who are interested.
The document is already translated at https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/wiki/Video-Streaming or at least, the important parts of it.

I assumed as much as it's a preview release. Still pretty cool. Also, after checking a few other games, they ALL hang on the 3DS screen. Only apps and VC games seem to get past it. If I run the debugger, then the stream, then load the game it hangs..... If I run the debugger, load the game, THEN load the stream it doesn't.
I'm wondering if this is because I never replaced the firmware.bin in my rei folder. I'm still using the one that came with the newest rei update (3.2 maybe?). I guess I'll switch the firm.bins out and see if it works properly.

EDIT: I haven't switched the firmware yet but using
write(0x0105AE4,(0x70,0x47), pid=0x1a) before launching fixed the problem.
You can only run one game when using NTRViewer without a hard reboot, the next game will hang on the Nintendo 3DS screen. It's a bug in this version of NTR and is mentioned in the pdf/on the wiki.
I found one big problem this streaming feature has: It does not work with any games that invoke a cheat plugin. soon after it loads, the stream cuts out as NTR chops all network connections including the debugger.
Load the game first, then enable debugger and connect. Those were the instructions in the wiki/pdf anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol