Hacking NTrBootHax Problems with the magnet

NatuerlichHacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since yesterday I am despairing. Ich tried with NtrBoothax to install my N3DsXL Custom Firmwares but what does not work. Already at the magnet I do not go further when I release the buttons Start Select X and Power off my N3Ds just turns off. I've already formatted the SD card from N3DS and reinstalled everything but it always comes the same result. I've done everything as in this video here:

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Since yesterday I am despairing. Ich tried with NtrBoothax to install my N3DsXL Custom Firmwares but what does not work. Already at the magnet I do not go further when I release the buttons Start Select X and Power off my N3Ds just turns off. I've already formatted the SD card from N3DS and reinstalled everything but it always comes the same result. I've done everything as in this video here:

Never ever go by some videos. use this: https://3ds.guide/

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would actually recommend using the latest videos from this channel. This channel keeps itself up to date. But this is an irregular case. Also no new stuff in the progress of this method of B9S installation
Even if the channel keeps itself up to date, the guide linked above updates constantly. It's better to follow 3ds.guide than a video guide because a video guide will ALWAYS be outdated. On this particular forum, please never suggest that anyone follow video guides again. No one cares how up-to-date the channel is.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Even if the channel keeps itself up to date, the guide linked above updates constantly. It's better to follow 3ds.guide than a video guide because a video guide will ALWAYS be outdated. On this particular forum, please never suggest that anyone follow video guides again. No one cares how up-to-date the channel is.
Yeah of course the guide is superior.. but c'mon, as a former (complete) newbie (not that I'm that better now lmao) I know how annoying it is to follow a text guide. I always preferred video guides.
Also idk if the shit will actually be outdated, at least in the installation itself. The only way I can see this video getting outdated is a new free method to hack 11.4-11.5 consoles, but the process itself will never change. If you want to use Ntrboothax in particular.. I can't see why would things actually change
I respect your advise but this is a newbie from my understanding and since I've experienced being in this state of knowledge not long ago, I know how hard it is
Sorry for my poor English lul

NatuerlichHacks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have it again with the guidance of 3dsguide made however my N3ds XL switches itself off after releasing the buttons from. Help me please!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah of course the guide is superior.. but c'mon, as a former (complete) newbie (not that I'm that better now lmao) I know how annoying it is to follow a text guide. I always preferred video guides.
Also idk if the shit will actually be outdated, at least in the installation itself. The only way I can see this video getting outdated is a new free method to hack 11.4-11.5 consoles, but the process itself will never change. If you want to use Ntrboothax in particular.. I can't see why would things actually change
I respect your advise but this is a newbie from my understanding and since I've experienced being in this state of knowledge not long ago, I know how hard it is
Sorry for my poor English lul
I understand where you're coming from. And in my past experiences as a noob, I once followed an outdated YouTube video guide to install arm9loaderhax on a dud system that I didn't particularly care for anymore before I re-discovered GBAtemp and 3ds.guide back when it was a 5-page wiki, albeit nothing when wrong with the install. But, as we know now, OP at least knows of 3ds.guide's existence as they attempted to follow it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not go further when I release the buttons Start Select X and Power off my N3Ds just turns off.
thats because you need to start with the power off and then power on while holding the buttons not the other way around

start with the power off
place the magnet
then hold the buttons and add start do not release any buttons until you notice a change in the power light or screens

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain it again? Maybe it is really the wrong button combination
ok with the power on test the magnet placement once you find it remove the magnet and power off (. . . if you need help with placement remember that sleep mode is normally triggered by the magnet located in your right speaker so try to place your magnet where the speaker would line up when you close the console)
once the system fully powers down replace the magnet
(Start) + (Select) + (X) then add to it (power) button . . . do not release any button until the system power lights turn on or the screen back-lights come on (whichever happens first)

Last edited by wormdood,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately does not work
then you likely have the magnet in the incorrect place ... play around with it until you can make the 3ds sleep 100% of the time (. . . if you need help with placement remember that sleep mode is normally triggered by the magnet located in your right speaker so try to place your magnet where the speaker would line up when you close the console)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle