Hacking NTRBoot Flashcards Info Request & Info

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
R4i 3D 2012 3DS WIFI (www.r4i3d.com) Doesn't work...
That looks like a clone cart.
@NekoMichi there were several revisions of the R4i Gold 3DS card. Their download page mentions (6,7,8,9,A,C). I'm fairly sure there were more. "we are still working on those old revision cards(and few revision "c")" makes it sound as if there were differences in quality or even on same revision.
Which revision is your R4i Gold 3DS?
Come to think of it, my cart label didn't have "RTS" printed on it but still supported RTS anyway. The chipboard had "9" printed on it but the Wood menu identified it as revision A. My cart is not supported by NTRBoot Flasher or its alternatives.

Edit: Just saw your post with the photos, looks like you have revision C. Odd, I thought all revision C carts would have RTS on the label? Internally your cartridge looks identical to the ones with RTS on the label, it's possible that the manufacturer used the wrong label or something.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks like a clone cart.

Which revision is your R4i Gold 3DS?
Come to think of it, my cart label didn't have "RTS" printed on it but still supported RTS anyway. The chipboard had "9" printed on it but the Wood menu identified it as revision A. My cart is not supported by NTRBoot Flasher or its alternatives.

Edit: Just saw your post with the photos, looks like you have revision C. Odd, I thought all revision C carts would have RTS on the label? Internally your cartridge looks identical to the ones with RTS on the label, it's possible that the manufacturer used the wrong label or something.

They had multiple cards over the years. I know there was a link to various versions of different cards, but I don't remember which thread it was in.

You can see their older cards on their site. Scroll down and the oldest is at the bottom. Mine is the second from the bottom with 3DS, but without RTS. I think they changed boards with revisions, but at a certain point they just slapped on a different sticker or packaging.

Reactions: NekoMichi

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
I've ordered the R4i Gold 3DS RTS from nds-card a few days ago just for boothax. Now I'm concerned that I'll get the unsupported version. Has anyone bought from them recently and can confirm they are selling the version that's compatible? (The "c" revision and not the "9" one)

Got mine and it's supported. Already tested.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
@NekoMichi there were several revisions of the R4i Gold 3DS card. Their download page mentions (6,7,8,9,A,C). I'm fairly sure there were more. "we are still working on those old revision cards(and few revision "c")" makes it sound as if there were differences in quality or even on same revision.
They have a version "5" too. It's the non-3ds version and I got mine to work.

FYI - that version of r4ids.cn was the first DS flashcard to work on 3ds publicly.

Reactions: NekoMichi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
They have a version "5" too. It's the non-3ds version and I got mine to work.

FYI - that version of r4ids.cn was the first DS flashcard to work on 3ds publicly.
So it's just mine (revision 9) that doesn't seem to be supported. Not sure what the cause could be, since the one I have is verified to be real and not some clone that's just really detailed.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So it's just mine (revision 9) that doesn't seem to be supported. Not sure what the cause could be, since the one I have is verified to be real and not some clone that's just really detailed.
Well mine still isn't officially supported either. But since the RW commands worked, I was able to figure out the different offsets and crypto and made it work.

NichyXD

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have these, so the first one is the original r4 and it won't work. The Gold One comes with a upgrader so it has a NAND.
I'm not sure about the middle one.

IMG-20170824-WA0013.jpg

Last edited by NichyXD,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm not sure, looking at the PCB for both it seems like the DSTT has a flash chip that says "SPANSION" on it and it's more rectangular than what appears to be the flash chip on the card lavanoid posted.
That's enough of a difference that I doubt supporting DSTT will support the r4i sdhc 3ds rts.
But I don't know what really makes clones clones.

It looks like a DSOnei also has a SPANSION chip but the DsOi mini has some MX chip
So far, I've only seen two kinds of flash chip for DSTT that seems to be supported as per d0k3's DSTT flash checker. Two of the three DSTTs I have do have the SPANSION chip and the other one has the ST chip. Don't actually know if this info will help in any way, just trying to give as much info as I can.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chaseb615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know the last firmware for the r4i 3ds gold? One r4ids.cn all I see is version 1.64 but it says that is from 2013. Is that the right one?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Anyone know the last firmware for the r4i 3ds gold? One r4ids.cn all I see is version 1.64 but it says that is from 2013. Is that the right one?
http://r4ids.cn/news.htm
R4i Gold 3DS supports the newest 3DS V11.5.0-38 directly ! (2017-07-11)
33.gif

3DS firmware updated to V11.5.0-38 ,our regular R4i Gold 3DS supports directly the newest 3DS V11.5.0-38 .
It seems so

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but what is confusing me, is that under downloads, there's all these upgrade patches. Do I need one of those as Well?

I really just want someone to confirm they used 1.64
It depends on what card you have. There are several revisions to the card. I'm not sure the old cards work on OFW 11.5. I don't want to uninstall B9S just to test it. Mine stopped working on firmware 4 something. It works fine with Luma3DS.

My card has the Dorasu icon with Japanese. I stopped updating when you had to flash and cut a trace on PCB. It was on Metroid Prime Hunter icon, but I also bricked it recently and just restored a backup provided a temper. I'm sure which file that corresponds to.

You should be fine with 1.64 Wood or try RetroGameFan. Maybe @zoogie or another person with a working card can tell you. I don't remember what I'm using on mine. I don't have it here with me to check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either