Ntr on Luma3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dotmore, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Dotmore
    OP

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    So im a bit clueless on this, but if im correct NTR is a tool that enables you to use cheats?

Is it possible to use this on Luma3DS? (no a9lh)

2. x_master_1234

x_master_1234 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    United States
    You can use NTR CFW with Luma3DS :)

3. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    But how would that work, since they are both CFW? And how do i install it?

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Dude you can easily find a guide on how to install it/use it... Take 2 minutes in google and you'll find it...

Swiftloke likes this.
  5. TamDanny

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    NTR is actually something you can run within a CFW, so it works with Luma, ReiNAND, Cakes, you name it.
    To get it to work on Luma3DS, there are a couple of extra steps you have to do first. Just check out the last steps in Plailect's guide. I'm pretty sure it says there how to get NTR to work.

6. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I can't really find the guide. Also, is a9lh required? Because i don't want to risk bricking my 3ds..

7. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    I've also used Google to find a proper guide and cannot find one at least one that doesn't include a9lh in it somehow

8. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Here ya go, good ol' Plailect's guide.
    And no, it doesn't require A9LH, just a CFW that has kernel access. Even so, the risk of bricking is really, really small. The guide is still being constantly updated; so your chance of bricking is minimal. If you follow the steps with full attention & double-checking, then the brick is probably never gonna happen.

9. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    How does that guide help me? There is nothing there about NTR and how to install it?

Edit: nvm.

Last edited by Dotmore, Jun 21, 2016
  10. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    It's at the last steps. Check Part 5, & scroll down on how to install NTR within Luma3DS.

11. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    yeah i think i found it.

Is it really as simple as it says?

Install the BootNTR.cia in Sysnand or Emunand, copy the ntr.bin into the sd card.
    2 Execute the BootNTR application in home menu then it will boots NTR CFW.

( I assume i can put the bin and the cia on the sd card at once, instead of first installing the cia and then move the bin?)

Last edited by Dotmore, Jun 21, 2016
  12. ishygdaft

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    This is important, remember to have the firmware.bin in the luma folder and on Luma's settings the (sysnand is updated) bit... check that off, it messes with how ntr reads firmware. I dealt with this annoying problem for a good hour yesterday.

Last edited by ishygdaft, Jun 21, 2016
  13. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands

I don't have a firmware.bin file in the Luna map. I do have a firmware.bin on my root, is that what you mean?

Also, is it really that simple as to move the NTR.bin to the root of SD, install the NTR.cia file, and launch it? (im on 9.0 Sys and 11.0 Emu) Nothing fancy done to my 3ds, except install Luma3DS and Menuhax.

14. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Actually, simply installing the .cia file is everything necessary to get NTR working. Those extra steps are actually when you're using A9LH; but now that you mentioned that you're using Menuhax, I don't think the .bin files are necessary. Install the .cia, run it, and see if it works. If you press X+Y in the home menu after finishing booting NTR, a menu should pop up. That's proof that it's working properly.

15. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    There is a Luma wiki and it has a link for a 10.2 firmware.bin file that you have to put in the Luma folder on your SD card.
    As for it being simple. Yeah, it's really just drop ntr.bin on SD root and install the bootNTR.cia.

You're right, I forgot that not everyone is using a9lh.

16. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    I copied the Cia on my SD, and ran it on emunand. It won't work. I get the error:

BootNTR 2.4
    tmpBuffer: 1418a000
    IsNew3DS: 0
    firmversion: 00000000
    param is missing: ntrConfig->PMSvcRunAdd
    r
    testing svc_backDoor
    testSvcbackdoor OK
    unknown FIRM, acess-checks could not be
    patched
    InterProcessDmaFinishState: fff04404
    copyRemoteMemory/controlProcessMemory OK

0x00200000 in HomeMenu: ea00001f
    open ntr.bin failed
    bnBootNTR failed
    Press home button to return to the menu

17. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    You need the firmware.bin from the luma3ds wiki. Your NTR version is also quite old.

18. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Hm...looks like you're gonna need those .bin files anyway. Just like @ishygdaft, get the firmware.bin file from the site. I also recommend downloading this .zip file (this is the latest build of NTR), scratch that, this one should be the best one for you, that other one was only for New 3DS models, & put the ntr.bin file in the root of the SD card. I say this because it also says in the error: open ntr.bin failed; so maybe that file can help.

Last edited by TamDanny, Jun 21, 2016
  19. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    He also seems to have an o3ds, are you sure the preview is the right thing to give him? I've heard mixed reports that that works on the o3ds but I'm to lazy to confirm it myself :P

20. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Oh, right. Good eye. That build is New 3DS only, so that wouldn't end well. This one should be the best one for him then.

ishygdaft likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice