well this looks like its the beginning of the end of the 3DS scene. :sad:

Last edited by Flame,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is great news and all, but I just hope someone forks this and takes the time to implement O3DS streaming for at least the non-extended memory games since it IS possible, just fairly hard to pull off and takes a ton of work. Regardless, can't wait to see what new features will be added in!

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Awesome news.

I'd love for the brightness controls to return on 11.6. You know, if anyone with actual skills is listening.
I'm busy learning javascript. I ain't cut out for this kind of work. I'm a pleb.

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hopefully the video streaming will be improved. I know it's already very efficient, but TightVNC uses both jpeg and zlib compression selectively to achieve even higher FPS on low speed connections, and the 3DS might be able to take advantage of that method as well. PNG uses zlib compression IIRC, so you can think of it as effectively the benefits of jpeg and png combined.
source: https://github.com/44670/NTR
All credit to @cell9
Or you call him 44670 elsewhere
I already heard of this, but it really should be front page news.
I don't know if Cell9 opensourcing it by himself suddenly warrents Margen back? Since he was really kind of a dick and broke the rules of GBATemp.
For better or worse, the forum hasn't really been the same since he was banned. I didn't mind him and would like to see him given a second chance, but if not, it's no big deal.
That's pretty neat, hopefully faster development comes of it.
Most likely the functionality will be merged into Luma3DS, I don't know if NTR-CFW will continue to receive updates once that happens, as I have a feeling that cell9 himself is not going to continue working on it and releasing the source code marks him leaving the 3DS scene or moving on to other things.
This is great news and all, but I just hope someone forks this and takes the time to implement O3DS streaming for at least the non-extended memory games since it IS possible, just fairly hard to pull off and takes a ton of work. Regardless, can't wait to see what new features will be added in!
Possible, but is it worth it? IIRC HzMod doesn't have usable speeds on o3DS. NTR-CFW's streaming might be more efficient but I don't think it would make much of a difference. You don't have much processing power or memory to work with on an o3DS.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was never posted, but now I know it was just buried under a lot of Pokemon leak shit. After all, such major news should be a hot topic, but it didn't appear to be here, so I just caught it through r/3dshacks. Hell froze over, that's the best response I have to this.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So it finally happened.
Congratulations on making this a public release @cell9 ! You'll see that NTR-CFW will be improved and your work being studied by many, that's a given! :ha:

Most likely the functionality will be merged into Luma3DS, I don't know if NTR-CFW will continue to receive updates once that happens, as I have a feeling that cell9 himself is not going to continue working on it and releasing the source code marks him leaving the 3DS scene or moving on to other things.
This is what i'm waiting for; but to be fair, i expect as well that some people "dissect" NTR-CFW to see if they can improve something about streaming quality (wishful thinking, more than anything)

So, i Dunno about the return of @Margen67 . I mean, i don't mind if they decide to make him return, but there were rules broken on that day. And that affected the forums and the scene both directly and indirectly. I don't know what kind of message would unfold if he returns...
It'll be a talk for a while, that's for sure. And if it doesn't, Eh.

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I personally banned him in another community when it was still around. He's not a dick exclusively to cell9.
He's kind of a dick all around. But he doesn't go too overboard with it (usually)
But I don't think many of the regulars here can honestly say they haven't been dicks on occasion. Margen isn't all that bad and I think he deserves a second chance as long as he cleans up his act.
Even so, I understand if the staff doesn't want to give him a second chance. (or whichever number we are at now)
People change (usually for the better), I remember how immature I used to be when I was 16 or 17, I've changed a lot.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Quantumcat

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hopefully the video streaming will be improved. I know it's already very efficient, but TightVNC uses both jpeg and zlib compression selectively to achieve even higher FPS on low speed connections, and the 3DS might be able to take advantage of that method as well. PNG uses zlib compression IIRC, so you can think of it as effectively the benefits of jpeg and png combined.

Possible, but is it worth it? IIRC HzMod doesn't have usable speeds on o3DS. NTR-CFW's streaming might be more efficient but I don't think it would make much of a difference. You don't have much processing power or memory to work with on an o3DS.
Thing is, it doesn't have to be a very high FPS, even something like 24-30 frames for a some of the games and 12 or so for the rest. I'm talking about non-extended memory games and, to be honest, HzMod's framerate was fairly decent! I was getting 21FPS on MH3U, good enough to stream, which is what I'm after. Also, it can allow the recording of footage for use in videos for youtube if you want. All in all, even with a bad framerate, it will be somewhat worth it for the people that can't afford a N3DS...

PS: About the merging with Luma's Rosalina someone mentioned, if it is done, then it would be really nice! No need to load NTR separately, Rosalina screenshots would be MUCH faster and so on.

Last edited by ThoD,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Margen67 is tied to NTR CFW in a very bad way over that drama from a long time ago, but it bothers me that he's brought up so often here, as much, if not more than the happiness of the news itself in this particular thread. He's old news as far as I'm concerned, continuously bringing him up would be food for the ego, giving the impression that he won in this more than the end-user which sounds absolutely horrible in my opinion. And really if I didn't see the name mentioned here, or in Github (only through tracking Luma commits and issue threads, his name pops up), I would have all but forgotten him. But there's such a fascination over this character in this forum that it's really odd and bothersome.

Tl;dr, fuck him basically, all I want to think about is NTR CFW's future, not some chode.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hath of the posts here aren't talking about the actual topic: NTR Being Open-Source. They're just talking about Margen getting unbanned. Lets get back on topic please

I hope someone does fork this and add alot of new features!

Reactions: RustInPeace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...