Hacking NTR 3.4 Screen Recorder Test Thread

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sad that this is A9LH only. Like the 3DS hardware can't do this itself. Ctrulib just has to be a little more advanced.

ChALdKbVEAANQ_g.jpg

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Not sure how much the PC specs influence results, but after upgrading from an i5 (2x2.3GHz) to an i7 (4x2.2GHz) I felt that the streaming frame rate became smoother. I didn't make detailed records of frame rates when on the i5 though, so there's no knowing if the apparent improvement in streaming quality is real or placebo effect.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried playing Pokemon Y with the Wi-Fi fix instead of going online in game and it had a noticeable affect on the frame rate.

I was getting the usual 32-41 frames when I was going online in game.
When I switched to the Wi-Fi fix so more speed would be dedicated to the stream it jumped me up to 45-55 frames and made the quality more consistent at 100.
This is using the default remoteplay() settings

Edit here is a video of me catching a shiny Skrelp using the Wi-Fi fix for a higher frame rate.

Last edited by shadowofdarkness,
Reactions: NekoMichi

protomouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Virtue's Last Reward (Intro + First Puzzle, so no real spoilers)

Console
N3DS/ReiNand 3.2b/EmuNAND 10.7/NTR 3.4 Preview 2

OS
Windows 10

Router
Netgear WNR3500Lv2
802.11n
PC via Gbit Ethernet

Recording Software
OBS

Settings: priorityFactor = 1, qosValue = 101

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone!
Here's my recording test, enjoy it!

Console
N3DS/A9LH/Luma3DS/SysNAND10.7/NTR 3.4 Preview 2

OS
Windows 10

Router
Belgacom B-Box3
PC via Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz

Recording Software
OBS

Settings: default settings

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
NTR's streaming quality largely depends on the wireless network, I can get NTR to stream at about the same frame rate as a capture card, although that's only on a router dedicated for video streaming and has no other devices connected...
I heard theres a new version that has a quality boost in performance.

But I was wondering instead of streaming why dont make it to save the video in the SD Card?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I heard theres a new version that has a quality boost in performance.

But I was wondering instead of streaming why dont make it to save the video in the SD Card?
Yep, there's a second beta that has much better frame rates, although in order to do this it has to compress the frames which results in lower image quality. You can choose the amount of compression to achieve a speed/quality balance.

It would be really good to be able to save video frames to the SD card, but I don't think the 3DS is capable of writing data to the SD at such a fast rate...

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NTR's streaming quality largely depends on the wireless network, I can get NTR to stream at about the same frame rate as a capture card, although that's only on a router dedicated for video streaming and has no other devices connected...

I've a similar idea :
Using an "old" router only for streaming my 3DS, connected it to my PC with a Lan cable (with fake proxy).
And my PC stay connected to Internet via Wi-Fi of my primary router.
But I've always a "conflict" beetwen them, Windows 10 give priority to the "old" router for Internet...

Last edited by TUK_Pyroman,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've a similar idea :
Using an "old" router only for streaming my 3DS, connected it to my PC with a Lan cable (with fake proxy).
And my PC stay connected to Internet via Wi-Fi of my primary router.
But I've always a "conflict" beetwen them, Windows 10 give priority to the "old" router for Internet...
It's possible to use one of those power-line adaptors to send the Internet signal from your primary router to your dedicated streaming router. This would also eliminate the need for using FakeProxy.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to use one of those power-line adaptors to send the Internet signal from your primary router to your dedicated streaming router. This would also eliminate the need for using FakeProxy.
That's exactly what I do. I use a Powerline adapter to connect two separate networks in the same house in separate ends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.