ROM Hack RELEASE NSPsplitty(GUI form nsp split tool)

Aionmagan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Honestly, keep it as it is, just make it so when you click on Browse and it opens the file dialog, change openFile.Multiselect to true and add a "All files (*.*)|*.*" file filter. That'll let people select any file if they choose while still keeping NSP as the default selection.

thank you very much, a tool inspired by you and also a solution coming from you :D all is good today

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i understand, thank you, i use C# but i use C++ a lot more
thank you again, will implement all that later today
I mean, you can allow multi-select if you want to add batch processing. Have it loop through each selected file and split one at a time. That way people with multiple NSPs can split them all at once. But that'd be a lot more editing.

Aionmagan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I mean, you can allow multi-select if you want to add batch processing. Have it loop through each selected file and split one at a time. That way people with multiple NSPs can split them all at once. But that'd be a lot more editing.

i'll put it on the read map, and step by step get it to were is more user friendly
these 3 days of coding on my spare time made me over look a lot of things plus not knowing all this wonderful information about the switch filesystem, i really do feel a bit dumb for not researching more and releasing an half broken tool, but i will update it slowly to a half decent one, dude all this input was extremely useful for my next update

Last edited by Aionmagan,

Aionmagan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Can you make a tool that will combine split files into one?

hey sorry i didn't added in time, but the merging for files (00, 01, 02...) has been added
make sure to have the extension of your preference on the folder name (game_split.EXTENSION)

more info is going to be added shortly to the main post

Reactions: Darkewhite5566

zdotx00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Great tool, seems to work just fine, thanks!

A suggestion for ease of use is to add the ability to select files via drag+drop onto the window instead of browsing. It's a small thing, but it really helps out with the general feel IMO.

Aionmagan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Great tool, seems to work just fine, thanks!

A suggestion for ease of use is to add the ability to select files via drag+drop onto the window instead of browsing. It's a small thing, but it really helps out with the general feel IMO.

Thank you very much for the feedback, k will look into adding that, sounds like a good idea

KHANV1CT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this tool corrupted a lot of my nsps. A lot of split nsps I merged with this no longer work.

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool came in handy today, I set up a Fat32 card by mistake and couldnt add a 4gb+ file.
This tool with Windows 10, was legit easy. Selected the file and it created a new folder in the parent file, with a 00, and 01 file, I transferred that new folder to the microsd card, tinfoil installed it perfect.
Thanks developer(s).
Great handy tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway