• Views 147,228
  • Replies 142
  • Likes 25

M-O-B

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just gave this a try and all I get is this when I try to install using devmenu or tinfoil.

20180725_072328.jpg
20180725_072555.jpg

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A .nsp (pfs0) is a simple file: a header that describes the files it contains, with said files appended to it, in plaintext.
.nsp is the Switch format for installables, similar to what .cia was to the 3ds.
However installing them is currently impossible, and would require signature patching.

This scripts generates nsp files from whatever you tell it to. Anything goes, as long as it is a file. Even empty ones.

To use it, simply drag the files you wish to repack over the script, then enter a name for your nsp.
Alternativaly, use the command prompt and do: nspBuild.py file1 file2...

If you want to see the result, use hactool (or nstools): hactool -t pfs0 path/to/nsp (--outdir=path/to/directory).
No key is required, as the .nsp isn't encrypted.

This script requires python 3, although I think porting it to python 2 shouldn't be too hard. No library download is required.
so after dragging my xci over the py and typing it a name the second I hit enter it just closes it looks like it says some form of error though its hard to tell seeing the cmd closes near instantly

MrFrodo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to package a Homebrew app as an nsp and install it to the switch? I’d love to install all my emulators!

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to package a Homebrew app as an nsp and install it to the switch? I’d love to install all my emulators!

Needs the homebrew to be packaged as an NCA, with appropriate xml files, a spoofed title and ticket, and some other lovin.

I agree it would be a cool feature. However, not currently a thing.

oufai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
not work [install failed with dev menu ]

installable content is not found. Confirm the nsp file.
(result: 0x00000a05)

midstor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w
A .nsp (pfs0) is a simple file: a header that describes the files it contains, with said files appended to it, in plaintext.
.nsp is the Switch format for installables, similar to what .cia was to the 3ds.
However installing them is currently impossible, and would require signature patching.

This scripts generates nsp files from whatever you tell it to. Anything goes, as long as it is a file. Even empty ones.

To use it, simply drag the files you wish to repack over the script, then enter a name for your nsp.

If you want to see the result, use hactool (or nstools): hactool -t pfs0 path/to/nsp (--outdir=path/to/directory).

This script requires python 3, although I think porting it to python 2 shouldn't be too hard. No library download is required.
what files are needed to repack?

werneck14

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to repack My Hero Academia after applying the english translation, but i haven't been sucesseful. Can somebody help?

JRoad

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm trying to repack My Hero Academia after applying the english translation, but i haven't been sucesseful. Can somebody help?
This ones is oudated. The one that works it's in it's github and it works great.
You just do nspbuild.py output.nso input1.nca input2.nca input3.nca input4.nca input.xml (if wanted) input.cert input.tik
Sorry linked you my git by mistake his is
https://github.com/CVFireDragon/nspBuild

Last edited by JRoad,
Reactions: hippy dave

Parax342

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so, could we use this to extract an nsp, modify it, and rebuild it, letting us use mods without layeredFS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte