Hacking NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00

  • Thread starter Thread starter damysteryman
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 325,318
  • Replies Replies 653
  • Likes Likes 28
I just Try this and cant figure, please help me and Post iso of this game to play on dolphin- I need Epic_Super_Bowser_World, Cannon_Super_Mario_Bros, Newer_Summer_Sun, AndNewer_Super_Mario_Bros._Wii_HS. Pleaseeeeee Help, i wont to play on dolphin this 4 game. If someone wont to help, send me link to download iso to [email protected]. Thanks

Cant help you there, I dont play on dolphin. It's not difficult to build an iso from the tool. Assuming you have the original game iso and a bit of free-time.
 
Okay, Sorry, been very busy with non-programming projects, I will probably pick back up the patcher where I left off beginning next year if anyone's still interested, also scoured the rvlution board and picked up more files to be turned into plugins. Can we revive this thread, or should I not worry about continuing the project? Let me know, votes will determine as coding time is more limited these days.
 
Okay, Sorry, been very busy with non-programming projects, I will probably pick back up the patcher where I left off beginning next year if anyone's still interested, also scoured the rvlution board and picked up more files to be turned into plugins. Can we revive this thread, or should I not worry about continuing the project? Let me know, votes will determine as coding time is more limited these days.

I was trying to get GorTesK to look into it like around Nov 20th and he is busy also so if u and him can work on it i'd love that and others im sure will also
 
Okay, looks like I still have a following, so I will be resuming next month, let's build a wish list until then... I think I've proven I can run down a feature list pretty well.

Edit: From my old info I have requests for save banners and Wiivolution XML parsing (plugin-less). Any votes for those features or requests for others?

Edit2: If I implement Wiivolution mode, should I leave plugin mode (with it's advantages (auto-download/install)) or should I just turn this into a NSMBW WBFS/ISO maker for Wiivolution hacks?
 
I like Riivolution plugins mode since it auto d/loads and installs but I'll wait to hear others chime in if they prefer the xml parsing. Could u give a quick breakdown of pros and cons? And of course save icon support to differentiate the mods would be ideal ^_^ so psyched for this again.
 
It doesn't have to be one or the other, XML parse mode would allow you to manually download and install any Riivolution hack without waiting for a PLG plugin file to be written. Plugin mode allows the program to know where to auto-download and install patches for which plugins are created.
 
That's why I'm writing the feature, though I did release the PLG spec with 1.06 if you look back here. The question is more weather I should remove PLG support and replace it with XML, or include both.
 
Last edited by CaseyOmah,
I know it, but as I said, there are no other PLG creators, so I think there is no need to support both ways in a future. But it's may be a good idea to create a subroutine which just let you download Riivolution mods based on a simple txt, where anyone could write urls in a simple format, like "url::modname".
 
I was thinking allowing multiple multi-entry files, zero or more. Even if I'm talking a single file limit I still need to decide on what to call it, can't have the program look through everything for a given text pattern. :)
 
I don't see a problem with cfg for an extension, ini has a specific format that we aren't going to be following.

Edit: You do realize the simpler the plugin (or config, etc) per game, the more robust the core engine needs to be, right?
 
  • Like
Reactions: MassiveRican
How about this?

Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii U ISO/WBFS Builder

Instructions:
1. Extract contents of the .zip file to a new working directory.
Get your ISO of NSMBW, and copy it to the same directory as
the builder.

2. Copy the contents of the Mod you want (the riivolution folder containing its
xmls AND the folder of content along with the riivolution folder) to this same
directory as the builder.

3. Run Build_ISO.bat, follow its prompts and wait for it to build
the Mod ISO/WBFS.

4. Use/run the newly built ISO/WBFS however way you would :P

5. Enjoy!

Generated ISO has Header GameID: SMNx40

Builder credits:
Builder by damysteryman/Team DARK
Powered by WIT by Wiimm
Modified by AboodXD

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3pia4wh7ewjdgo3/
 
When create an iso file of Another SMBW, got a problem saying that needs a retail disc. When create an iso file of Holiday Special the game crashes on "reading banner" message....
 
After much debate I decided that for XML parsing I think a separate program that converts to PLG makes the most sense. Opinions?

Edit: Still planning on adding features to core like save banner pack support etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MassiveRican
( the pacht ) Awersomer Super luigi Mini.zip can not download this mod thank you if someone repost

NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder 1.07 is as exiting


How about this?​
​
Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii U ISO/WBFS Builder​
​
Instructions:​
1. Extract contents of the .zip file to a new working directory.​
Get your ISO of NSMBW, and copy it to the same directory as​
the builder.​
​
2. Copy the contents of the Mod you want (the riivolution folder containing its​
xmls AND the folder of content along with the riivolution folder) to this same​
directory as the builder.​
​
3. Run Build_ISO.bat, follow its prompts and wait for it to build​
the Mod ISO/WBFS.​
​
4. Use/run the newly built ISO/WBFS however way you would :P​
​
5. Enjoy!​
​
Generated ISO has Header GameID: SMNx40​
​
Builder credits:​
Builder by damysteryman/Team DARK​
Powered by WIT by Wiimm​
Modified by AboodXD​
​
AboodXD, thank you​
Last edited by AboodXD, Jan 3, 2015
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted