Hacking NSMB and MPH download play

• Thread starter bluetieman
  • Start date
  • Views 2,436
  • Replies 16
B

bluetieman

OP
I have a SC:SD...whenever I try to host a download play in either of those games (plus others), the other carts get the reboot screen...any adice or help in setting up the patch of the files in SC software? BTW, Tetris works perfectly. Thank you on advance.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, ive had the same problem with NSMB, and sending it to other people
frown.gif
. But it still works well if both of you have the game. (not sure whats wrong with the rom
frown.gif
)

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in order to use DS Download Play with Roms, the receiving DSes MUST have Flashme firmware installed, no other way around it as DS Download Play checks the roms for RSA encryption before downloading, Flashme removes this check. Passcards will not work by themselves to download, the DSes must be flashed with Flashme.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in order to use DS Download Play with Roms, the receiving DSes MUST have Flashme firmware installed, no other way around it as DS Download Play checks the roms for RSA encryption before downloading, Flashme removes this check. Passcards will not work by themselves to download, the DSes must be flashed with Flashme.

before you go around claming this is true, how do you know it is true? I know for a fact my infomation is true (although not technical at all) because i test what I do first hand. and YOU CAN play download play with a flashed ds and with a unflashed ds. Im no hard core programmer or h4x0r to say exactly what the flashme modifies, but it still works with me. Ill agree not every single game I try works for download play (not sure if its a Supercard SD problem) or a rom dump problem, but the fact that it works for SOME games means that both ds'es DO NOT have to be flashed.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in order to use DS Download Play with Roms, the receiving DSes MUST have Flashme firmware installed, no other way around it as DS Download Play checks the roms for RSA encryption before downloading, Flashme removes this check. Passcards will not work by themselves to download, the DSes must be flashed with Flashme.

before you go around claming this is true, how do you know it is true? I know for a fact my infomation is true (although not technical at all) because i test what I do first hand. and YOU CAN play download play with a flashed ds and with a unflashed ds. Im no hard core programmer or h4x0r to say exactly what the flashme modifies, but it still works with me. Ill agree not every single game I try works for download play (not sure if its a Supercard SD problem) or a rom dump problem, but the fact that it works for SOME games means that both ds'es DO NOT have to be flashed.

fine, I should've been more specific, for 100% of games to work, they must be flashed, some games do work without flashme, but for the games that were mentioned in the original post, they must be flashed.

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

So for what games does it work?

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I've flashed almost every one of my friends' DSes, and none of them can play NSMB versus mode on download play. The minigames work fine, though. And two roms can play together wthout problems. There are other games with such issues, and there are games that worked fine on unflashed DSes (like zookeeper or tetris).

I believe it all boils down to how the rom was patched, or dumped, as I can download play with my (U) version of zookeeper, but the (E) version gives a white screen. Plus, the french voice in it is made of fail.
tongue.gif

I've only encountered this problem two or three times, so I can't really name the ones that do work, as it's about 97% of them. Whenever you get this problem, try what I usually do, use the rom from another region, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't. (btw, supercard patcher fucks up my (E) NSMB, can't play it. any suggestions?)

disclaimer : all of my experiments were done on supercards. CF, SD, and of course non-supercard-owning-friends.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've flashed almost every one of my friends' DSes, and none of them can play NSMB versus mode on download play. The minigames work fine, though. And two roms can play together wthout problems. There are other games with such issues, and there are games that worked fine on unflashed DSes (like zookeeper or tetris).

never had problems with NSMB in download play with flashed DS. I played it a lot with as much as 4 players and some had a cart, other were downloading and it worked just fine. (M3 CF)

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
We should all post download play games that don't work on certain flashcards, then compare with others.
Over time we should get a good picture of which is best for it.

Btw, I tried NSMB download play, and it works with M3 (CF), the only game that hasn't worked (which I have tried) with dl play was ridgeracer, and I tested that about 9 months ago.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the only game that hasn't worked (which I have tried) with dl play was ridgeracer, and I tested that about 9 months ago.

Works just fine for me (M3 CF, flashed DS receiving and sending)

The only game i had problem to this day is Big brain academy US, but perhaps i just didnt wait long enough because i tried afterward with the EU version and it worked just fine.

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
About using a non-flashmed ds for downloading... I tried this a long time ago.
Two examples I remember clearly are puyopop fever and zoo keeper.
The nonflashmed ds could download them in multiplayer when they were not trimmed, but not when they were.
Bomberman didn't work trimmed or untrimmed (it does work with a flashed ds though).

A recommendation for people playing with their friends who have nonflashed dses. Give them a (no)passkey/me and let them boot the m3, and use your ds to download.

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only games I have problems with when it comes to download play when using flashed and non-flashed DS's together, are the those made by Nintendo themselfs, all the third party releases seem to work fine with download play.

RAneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so DOWNLOAD PLAY works fine with M3?
no matter if the other DS is flashed?

or does it have to be flashed?

same thing for EZ-IV ?
does someone know anything about it?

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you read my posts in this thread I said I was using an M3 CF and gave clear examples where games would and wouldn't work. They all seem to work with flashme installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30