Hacking NS Atmosphere Programmer keeps crashing

rjarni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hey,

So I recently purchased the NS atmosphere dongle and am now trying to load a payload onto it through the programmer application. I've managed to install the drivers and it's now showing up in device manager as it should. Issue is that whenever I load up the application and select the serial port drop down the application crashes.

Has anyone had this issue? If so how did they get by it?

Thanks

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
For those with the Programmer in OSX Mac that keeps on crashing :
When the Programmer tries to initialize something non-working like the Bluetooth port, it somehow doesn't handle the error.
If you select something non-existing like the Bluetooth serial port (cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port) in my case , the application instantly crashes.
It will also crash the next time you try to open it because it keeps a preference file.
It will be stuck in the same loop even if you reinstall the application.
Remove the file called 'Bossa Preferences' in '/Users/<your_fancy_username>/Library/Preferences/' to get out of the loop.
Make sure that you select a serial device that is the actual dongle.

For Windows, I presume that removing the preferences from the registery will also work. (see official website)
The Mac application doesn't need to be reinstalled after removing the preferences.
Maybe the Windows application does need to be reinstalled.

Last edited by thesjaakspoiler,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those with the Programmer in OSX Mac that keeps on crashing :
When the Programmer tries to initialize something non-working like the Bluetooth port, it somehow doesn't handle the error.
If you select something non-existing like the Bluetooth serial port (cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port) in my case , the application instantly crashes.
It will also crash the next time you try to open it because it keeps a preference file.
It will be stuck in the same loop even if you reinstall the application.
Remove the file called 'Bossa Preferences' in '/Users/<your_fancy_username>/Library/Preferences/' to get out of the loop.
Make sure that you select a serial device that is the actual dongle.

For Windows, I presume that removing the preferences from the registery will also work. (see official website)
The Mac application doesn't need to be reinstalled after removing the preferences.
Maybe the Windows application does need to be reinstalled.
I use a Mac and it kept crashing and this fixed it, thanks so much.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you find Bossa Preferences? I don't have that on my mac.
In your home folder, the Library folder is typically a hidden item.

In Finder in the menu click on Go then "Go to Folder". In the box that appears type "~/Library/Preferences" without the quotes. Look in the folder that opens.

Let me know if that helps.

jenspired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your home folder, the Library folder is typically a hidden item.

In Finder in the menu click on Go then "Go to Folder". In the box that appears type "~/Library/Preferences" without the quotes. Look in the folder that opens.

Let me know if that helps.
Found it! But now I keep getting "NS-Atmosphere quit unexpectedly" error.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be. I guess I'll have to wait or order a different dongle.
Just installed Monterey on an external drive and the app does indeed crash. The crash log indicates missing files which I can't locate even in Catalina. Not sure what is going on but I'll keep on investigating. If I find a solution I'll let you know.

jenspired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed Monterey on an external drive and the app does indeed crash. The crash log indicates missing files which I can't locate even in Catalina. Not sure what is going on but I'll keep on investigating. If I find a solution I'll let you know.
Thanks so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂