Homebrew RELEASE Nro2Nsp Retroarch Rom/Nro Forwarders!

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone asked a question in another thread about this program and it made me curious. When you generate a random title id is it generating a completely made up title id or is it a title id of another switch game? I think they were worried about the risk of running the same title id twice.
It’s random. The chance of getting the same title ID is so low (millions of different combinations) that it’ nothing to worry about.

Reactions: EmulateLife

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone asked a question in another thread about this program and it made me curious. When you generate a random title id is it generating a completely made up title id or is it a title id of another switch game? I think they were worried about the risk of running the same title id twice.
All switch ids start with 01, that’s why 05 it’s used. It’ll never conflict with switch titles. I believe if the same id is used it’ll just relplace the conflicting title

Last edited by re.lax,
Reactions: EmulateLife

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small Beta release out:
Beta 3:
- Fixed Hbmenu Forwarder would crash when exiting a loaded nro
- Fixed Logs deleting/missing build information
- Added more logos in logo folder (Credits: jnackmclain)
- Fixed Logo error when build failed and another build was attempted
- Minor stability tweaks

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.3.2 Beta 4 is live
- Added basic theming
- Added settings.xml that will export saved settings so saved values will not need to be changed each
update
- Settings will be saved to /user/appdata/roaming/Nro2Nsp/settings.xml if it fails to write there then
it will be saved at ./Resources/setting.xml
- Settings will load from /user/appdata/roaming/Nro2Nsp/settings.xml or ./Resources/setting.xml (./Resources/ takes priority)
- Added export settings link in settings menu
- Fixed default rom paths.xml to follow Retroarch Ultimate Pack (Credits: jnackmclain)
- Even more Logos (Credits: JAS, jnackmclain, Jafece)
- Added [] around title id for use with nut gui
- keys.dat can be loaded from ./Resources/ folder or Drive:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/Nro2Nsp/ (./Resources/ takes priority)

Galebourn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry if that's a stupid question, but where do save files of these NSPs go?
I figured since it's only a forwarder I could continue the save files I already have on retroarch, but that doesn't work.
For example, I played Minish Cap in retroarch, but if I launch the rom with the NSP forwarder, the save files won't show up.

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if that's a stupid question, but where do save files of these NSPs go?
I figured since it's only a forwarder I could continue the save files I already have on retroarch, but that doesn't work.
For example, I played Minish Cap in retroarch, but if I launch the rom with the NSP forwarder, the save files won't show up.
It should pick up the save for the rom through retroarch?

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So I tried to use this program to create an nsp forwarder for NXThemes, and it doesn't work. The nsp is created with no issues, GoldLeaf also installed the nsp with no issues and the icon shows on my Homemenu. But when I click on the icon, it loads for a second and then hangs on a black screen with the error "the software encountered an error and shut down". Well, something like that anyway.

I've created the nsp using v. 3.3.1 Stable, installed with GoldLeaf 0.4 on a Switch running FW 5.1 with Atmosphere 0.8.3. Any idea what could be causing this problem?

I didn't try to use v3.3.2 Beta 4 because I can't find a link ANYWHERE.

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How can I install this .nsp on 7.0.x firmware?
- goldleaf: not working
- tinfoil: same thing

* I only have a working tinfoil version https://github.com/digableinc/tinfoil
installing regular games .nsp .... is ok ...
but ...
when I try to install any nsp created with this tool ... give me this error:
2019030111052800-DA63280140B1530CD17755515D814CFE.jpg
any solution ??? other solutions ???

Last edited by mikifantastik98,

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to use this program to create an nsp forwarder for NXThemes, and it doesn't work. The nsp is created with no issues, GoldLeaf also installed the nsp with no issues and the icon shows on my Homemenu. But when I click on the icon, it loads for a second and then hangs on a black screen with the error "the software encountered an error and shut down". Well, something like that anyway.

I've created the nsp using v. 3.3.1 Stable, installed with GoldLeaf 0.4 on a Switch running FW 5.1 with Atmosphere 0.8.3. Any idea what could be causing this problem?

I didn't try to use v3.3.2 Beta 4 because I can't find a link ANYWHERE.

There’s a hyperlink for betas on the first post
https://github.com/Root-MtX/Nro2Nsp/tree/master/Releases/Betas

Are you using RomFS or sdmc? Do you have your fs patches for you’re cfw also?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT : SOLVED !!!

I installed goldleaf 0.5 (nightly) https://bsnx.lavatech.top/goldleaf/
and install this type of nsp without problems on FW 7.0.x
Dz/Tinfoil has a bug and is fixed and will be updated soon. Lithium has the fix and as you found out gold leaf nightly also works.

mikifantastik98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@re.lax ... I have snes roms .zip
can I use them without decompressing ?

I tried in 3 different ways but when I launch the app .nsp ...that I created ... does not find the game

example :

/roms/snes/Super Michael Bros .zip ( EDIT .zip works )

/roms/snes/Super Michael Bros .smc

/roms/snes/Super Michael Bros ( without extension )

Last edited by mikifantastik98,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
There’s a hyperlink for betas on the first post
https://github.com/Root-MtX/Nro2Nsp/tree/master/Releases/Betas

Are you using RomFS or sdmc? Do you have your fs patches for you’re cfw also?

Dz/Tinfoil has a bug and is fixed and will be updated soon. Lithium has the fix and as you found out gold leaf nightly also works.

Thanks, I'll try the beta version a little later today. I am using sdmc. I'm pretty sure I have the patches, I can launch other custom nsps just fine.

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll try the beta version a little later today. I am using sdmc. I'm pretty sure I have the patches, I can launch other custom nsps just fine.
The beta won’t fix your issue, just adds more features. If it builds fine and the .nro is present at the location declared then you’re missing the patches. There is two sets of patches. Es and fs

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard...e-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/page-18 Near the bottom of the thread

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@re.lax ... I have snes roms .zip
can I use them without decompressing ?

I tried in 3 different ways but when I launch the app .nsp ...that I created ... does not find the game

example :

/roms/snes/Super Michael Bros .zip ( EDIT .zip works )

/roms/snes/Super Michael Bros .smc

/roms/snes/Super Michael Bros ( without extension )

It has to be exactly as the rom is named. If it’s a .zip then it would be rom name.zip if it’s an extracted .smc file then it’s rom name.smc.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The beta won’t fix your issue, just adds more features. If it builds fine and the .nro is present at the location declared then you’re missing the patches. There is two sets of patches. Es and fs

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard...e-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/page-18 Near the bottom of the thread

Sorry, I thought for sure I had both sets of patches, but turns out, I only had the es_patches. Even so, I just tried copying the files to the SD card, and it still dos not work, same error "the software was closed because an error occurred". Do the patches need to go someplace specific? I pasted them into the Atmosphere folder, like the post you refereed to, said to do...

Don't suppose I should have to re-install the nsp after I have "applied" the patches, do I?

EDIT: Just tried re-installing the nsp with Goldleaf 0.4 with the patches now in Atmosphere and same result. To check if the problem was GoldLeaf installation itself, I also tried to install with an old version of Tinfoil which has always worked, also same result...

What the hell is wrong with this thing:/ Could it be my keys? Although, Nro2nsp didn't complain about those...

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

re.lax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I thought for sure I had both sets of patches, but turns out, I only had the es_patches. Even so, I just tried copying the files to the SD card, and it still dos not work, same error "the software was closed because an error occurred". Do the patches need to go someplace specific? I pasted them into the Atmosphere folder, like the post you refereed to, said to do...

Don't suppose I should have to re-install the nsp after I have "applied" the patches, do I?

EDIT: Just tried re-installing the nsp with Goldleaf 0.4 with the patches now in Atmosphere and same result. To check if the problem was GoldLeaf installation itself, I also tried to install with an old version of Tinfoil which has always worked, also same result...

What the hell is wrong with this thing:/ Could it be my keys? Although, Nro2nsp didn't complain about those...
DM me your keys and your log inside the resources folder. Ill be leaving work shortly and ill check where the patches go and make sure everything looks good

metaphz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying for the first time, on the latest beta. The Application continues to tell me I am missing the Keys.dat file in the Resources folder. I first copy and pasted just the keys from my prod.keys in to the template and moved to resources folder as Keys.dat, did not work. Then copied my original prod.keys with all the extra keys and renamed to Keys.dat. Continue to get Keys.dat not found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY