Hardware Now that we've gotten used to the 3d...

How often do you turn on 3d?

• All the time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most of the time

• Sometimes

• Hardly ever

• Never

• Total voters

Zarxrax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that we have all had time to experience the 3d effect, and get over the "wow" factor of it, how often do you really find yourself using it while you play? I use it sometimes, but at other times I have trouble keeping it in the sweet spot, so I just turn it off.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use it alot. but I think you cant get use to 3d when there is a dark background. no matter what....in face raiders, samurai warriors, taking 3d pictures, ridge racer...I ALWAYS get ghosting when there is an image that is suppose to be in 3d but it was on a dark background so I get ghosting. I'm saying this from experience and im pretty sure they're related. Even in the metroid prime puzzle piece i see ghosting since the background is dark and samus is brighter. But when the background is bright i usually get perfect results...like the NSMB puzzle piece.

B

ball2012003

Depends on the game, like for street fighter I keep it off because I rather have 60fps than 30fps and I tend to move the 3ds(or any controller) when I play fighting games, so yeah. For games like rayman, I keep the 3D on so 50-50.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried one at a GameStop with Street Fighter, I would leave it on at all times, because it's a depth type of 3D, not where it pops up. But I'll cast my vote when I own one.
yaynds.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see Guild pop in with his "I told you so" about the 3D. It's kind of just a gimmick to attract customers, but I use it a lot.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My 3d slider never leaves the top of the slide
smile.gif
I have no problems with seeing 3d for however long I use mine. And 2 hours has been the longest I have used it at one time and I was fine, no eye strain or headache

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the 3D on this thing. I use it when photographing wild animals here where I live (looks fantastic). I also really enjoy how it makes Ghost Recon look. There isn't a huge difference with Splinter Cell though (a game I recommend picking up, much better than Chaos Theory for DS).

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off for Street Fighter, it doesn't really add anything to the game play and the "wow factor" has worn off, so why drain my battery? Pilot Wings and Rayman it stays on pretty much all the time, it makes judging distances a hell of a lot easier (obviously) and thus enhances the game play.

It's also a bit easier to see the screen in sunlight w/ the 3D off, so if that stupid ball of fire is interfering w/ my gaming I turn the 3D off.

I think for the bulk of the games I expect to be playing the 3D will stay on, though.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always keep my 3D at max unless I'm playing Ridge Racer. I'm finding the 3D to be helpful in games such as Rayman 3D. I was playing it last night, and one of the later levels has a sequence where if you make one wrong move, you start over. At first I thought the 3D might have been hampering my ability to get past the level, so I turned the 3D completely off. I almost couldn't even play the game in 2D, because I couldn't tell how close I was to objects in my path. With the 3D back on, I blew right past it.

I'm one of the lucky people who don't have any side effects from using the full 3D. I absolutely love my 3DS, and have been playing it exclusively since launch, while my consoles take a back seat.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have 3D (all the way) on my Nintendo 3DS. If I want to play a non-3d game I will play it on my DSi XL.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selim873 said:
I tried one at a GameStop with Street Fighter, I would leave it on at all times, because it's a depth type of 3D, not where it pops up. But I'll cast my vote when I own one.
yaynds.gif

There pop outs, but just not that game. Well there specials.

Slyakin said:
Can't wait to see Guild pop in with his "I told you so" about the 3D. It's kind of just a gimmick to attract customers, but I use it a lot.
How would it be "I told you so" if it used a lot?
laugh.gif

KidIce said:
Off for Street Fighter, it doesn't really add anything to the game play and the "wow factor" has worn off, so why drain my battery? Pilot Wings and Rayman it stays on pretty much all the time, it makes judging distances a hell of a lot easier (obviously) and thus enhances the game play.

It's also a bit easier to see the screen in sunlight w/ the 3D off, so if that stupid ball of fire is interfering w/ my gaming I turn the 3D off.

I think for the bulk of the games I expect to be playing the 3D will stay on, though.

QUOTE(dsfanatic5 @ Apr 18 2011, 09:32 PM)
I always keep my 3D at max unless I'm playing Ridge Racer. I'm finding the 3D to be helpful in games such as Rayman 3D. I was playing it last night, and one of the later levels has a sequence where if you make one wrong move, you start over. At first I thought the 3D might have been hampering my ability to get past the level, so I turned the 3D completely off. I almost couldn't even play the game in 2D, because I couldn't tell how close I was to objects in my path. With the 3D back on, I blew right past it.

I'm one of the lucky people who don't have any side effects from using the full 3D. I absolutely love my 3DS, and have been playing it exclusively since launch, while my consoles take a back seat.
Those are more of a I told you so!
rofl.gif

No negative effects here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out