Hacking Now that Configurable USB Loader supports the GC backups...

MandL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that Configurable USB Loader supports the launching of gamecube backups (according to v70 mod R6 changelog) how would one go about using such backups? I haven't tried yet, but I can't seem to find anything through searching. I'm currently using an ntfs partition and converting my Wii backups to .wbfs format. Can I do similar to Gamecube backups and have them all on the same hardrive/partition?

Also: proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBxh3Nvo9rg

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read up on dios mios lite, you will need an sd card as well for the time being

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
How? When? What? Which? I'm totally lost...
Is this true? Can I play (the adorable) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker there?
It uses the Classic Controller or the Gamecube controller? So many questions...

Can I have more information and a piece of cake with that, pretty please?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's basically just a launcher for DML stuff, so you need to read up on that. WW works, but everything's GC controller only.

As for the USB loader, you need to put the GC games in SD:\Games\\game.iso with everything DML needs to launch it. If you want you can put the games onto the HDD in the same fashion, and when you launch the game the ISO will temporarily be copied to the SD card, so you need at least enough space on the card for that.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's basically just a launcher for DML stuff, so you need to read up on that. WW works, but everything's GC controller only.

As for the USB loader, you need to put the GC games in SD:\Games\\game.iso with everything DML needs to launch it. If you want you can put the games onto the HDD in the same fashion, and when you launch the game the ISO will temporarily be copied to the SD card, so you need at least enough space on the card for that.
Really? So I can leave 1.4 GB free on my SD and be able to have all my gamecube games on my USB? That's awesome.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Really? So I can leave 1.4 GB free on my SD and be able to have all my gamecube games on my USB? That's awesome.
Yeah, but the time it takes to copy the game to your SD card can suck.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

How long would you say? And, what if it was copied by the loader already, and when you try to run the game again, does it try to copy it again, or will it simply run it? This might be perfect for me with having only 2GB cards lying around. My Wii uses a 256MB card as it is with my external HDD.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thats why you get a big enough sdcard to put the games on. they still show up. when on sd card, an you don't need to wait for the "copying over" file crap ;)

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that the usb loaders only show & launch the GC games....
You still need the GC game residing on your SD card for it to work, along with installing DML.

MandL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats why you get a big enough sdcard to put the games on. they still show up. when on sd card, an you don't need to wait for the "copying over" file crap ;)
So if I place them on my sdcard they'll show up along with the games from the hardrive (I don't have to go into the settings and change the source).

If you want you can put the games onto the HDD in the same fashion, and when you launch the game the ISO will temporarily be copied to the SD card, so you need at least enough space on the card for that.
So in this way I'd be able to use the ntfs partition on my hardrive that I've been running my wii backups on?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes to both questions. Stuff saved on the HDD can't be directly run from the HDD, though; if it's not on the SD card when you choose to launch it, it'll be copied there and then run, and if there's not enough space on the SD card it can't be run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?