thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TidusWulf said:
you're a jackass. people make programs like bootmii for free, usign their hard earned time and energy to hand out great homebrew to people like you and I, then you start charging money for the simple steps of installing it? you clearly have appreciation for the scene do you?

thanks someone that undestand my point !!!!!!
mad.gif

thebobinc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xDarkElement said:
you guys act like im trying to powersell bootmii on ebay. Which im not. Im just devoting my time, i dont see anything wrong with that.

you are trying to do money on other back , while those thing are made to be free , wath ever YOUR TIME CHARGING , if your not event safe in your mind why doing it ????

said enought , it is because of people like you that homebrew and hacking is getting harder !!!

guy like you that do addmit making money from other back on homebrew should be BANNE !!!!

D

Deleted User

TidusWulf said:
you're a jackass. people make programs like bootmii for free, usign their hard earned time and energy to hand out great homebrew to people like you and I, then you start charging money for the simple steps of installing it? you clearly have appreciation for the scene do you?

Are yer a tard? We charge our time for installing the apps. Unlike us, people don't have time to read up on some apps, they rather have a person to do it. Same goes to a painter, if you can't paint and don't want to learn how, get a painter
smile.gif

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I had do 2 weeks of research before I felt comfortable messing with
My wii. Give the kid a break nothing wrong with it. Go for it man it's no big deal

maximusprimate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah man, I remember first hacking my Wii and being so confused, and coming so close to bricking it. I didn't know anyone else who even had a Wii, and I had just found a couple of links on the internet - no forums to ask questions or tutorials to help me. I totally would have paid someone to do it for me, or at least get me up to speed with the lingo and links. It would be lame to sell people a CD with all the links on it, but it wouldn't be lame to take someone's Wii home, install HBC, BootMii, etc. and give it back to them for like $20-50 or something.

I mean, would anyone do that for free for someone they hardly know?

Totally do it man, nothing like making a couple bucks doing what you enjoy!

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its illegal. Now if you at least first gave them everything you were going to use and you charge them for the service, your being a dick, but its legal.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah man, your a dick for doing someone a service!!!! (nobody pay attention to the car shops that change oil even though you could do it yourself or computer repair shops that charge to install software and remove virus')
rolleyes.gif

Dude, I say go for it. You are offering your TIME for doing something for them that they may not know how to do or may be too scared to do.

I actually charge $20 to do Wiis, $25 to do xbox 360s, and $10 to do psp.......so I guess I'm a dick too.
wink.gif

It's called a SERVICE!!!! No different than anyone charging money to do anything else that you could do yourself.

(pizza delivery, oil changes, computer software installation, computer network setup, maid service......should I go on?)

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syst3merror said:
yeah man, your a dick for doing someone a service!!!! (nobody pay attention to the car shops that change oil even though you could do it yourself or computer repair shops that charge to install software and remove virus')
rolleyes.gif

Dude, I say go for it. You are offering your TIME for doing something for them that they may not know how to do or may be too scared to do.

I actually charge $20 to do Wiis, $25 to do xbox 360s, and $10 to do psp.......so I guess I'm a dick too.
wink.gif

It's called a SERVICE!!!! No different than anyone charging money to do anything else that you could do yourself.

(pizza delivery, oil changes, computer software installation, computer network setup, maid service......should I go on?)
I'm quite surprised you're comparing wii hacking to changing oil.

The only comparison I can see is that both of the tools are there. Both are not freely available however. I don't know about you, but I don't have an oil mine in my backyard.

The thing with homebrew is its freely and publicly available, meaning anyone can get no matter what. Oil/pizza/software/whatever else on the othar hand, are not freely available. While I'm sure there are guides to do all of those things, I don't think anyone wants to risk losing a 20,000$ car by changing the oil wrong or poisoning a pizza with rat poison or bricking a computer with bad software or whatever.

However, with homebrew having thousands beyond thousands of guides with most being free, namely SoftMii + its apps, charging for it is being a dick.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, installing Bootmii on someone's Wii is illegal whether you charge them or not. It's the sense that you're encouraging them to exploit their Wii (Whether for personal use or whatever), which is against Nintendo's terms. That means, installing HBC and stuff on our Wii's were illegal too, but no one seems to give a rats ass about it.

Anyway, I'd doubt anyone would pay to get it installed, unless they don't have everything like the TP hack and stuff.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ChaosBoi said:
Actually, installing Bootmii on someone's Wii is illegal whether you charge them or not. It's the sense that you're encouraging them to exploit their Wii (Whether for personal use or whatever), which is against Nintendo's terms. That means, installing HBC and stuff on our Wii's were illegal too, but no one seems to give a rats ass about it.

Anyway, I'd doubt anyone would pay to get it installed, unless they don't have everything like the TP hack and stuff.

No it's not, it's only illegal when you get to installing cIOS and stuff seeing as they're what get around copy protection. A lot of things go in EULAs that can't stand up in court but scare customers into submission.

EDIT: Actually in the US I do believe it's illegal to even download the cIOS installer.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Puma said:
The only comparison I can see is that both of the tools are there. Both are not freely available however. I don't know about you, but I don't have an oil mine in my backyard.

The thing with homebrew is its freely and publicly available, meaning anyone can get no matter what. Oil/pizza/software/whatever else on the othar hand, are not freely available.

The fact you have to buy oil for your car is irrelevant in syst3merror's analogy. Whether you buy the oil yourself at wally world or pay the auto shop for their oil, you still pay for the oil regardless. When you change the oil in your car yourself you avoid paying the auto shop's labor fee, that is all. And the same is true for bootmii- whether the end user gets it for free and installs himself or the installer (xDarkElement) gets it for free and charges for the install, the only difference is the labor charge.

Zaago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puma said:
The thing with homebrew is its freely and publicly available, meaning anyone can get no matter what. Oil/pizza/software/whatever else on the othar hand, are not freely available. While I'm sure there are guides to do all of those things, I don't think anyone wants to risk losing a 20,000$ car by changing the oil wrong or poisoning a pizza with rat poison or bricking a computer with bad software or whatever.

Exactly, in the same way I'm pretty sure that not anyone wants to risk losing a 250$ Wii installing hombrew the wrong way. He is just charging for his work.

Imagine the scenario where someone go to a computer repair shops for then to install Ubuntu in his/her computer, do you realy think that they have to do it for free, because that is what your theory imply.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you zaago....that is exactly my point.

There are computer shops here in my town that download Ubuntu (for FREE) and charge $50 to install it into a computer.....nothing more! (something you could do for free)

The same computer company uses FREE software to diagnose virus problems but charges $25/hr to remove virus' (something else you could do for free)

I don't charge for Bootmii, or any other programs, I charge due to the fact that I use MY time to install everything......use MY internet bandwidth to do so.....MY SD card to install everything.....MY electricity to run their Wii.

You can say what you want, but I will continue to do what I'm doing as will the tons of other people that are doing it.
wink.gif

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
As people seems to have missed the point with this link:
drmr said:
http://bootmii.org/donate/
Read the following:
QUOTEBootMii is the result of thousands of hours of research and development. It was fun to make, and we are happy to be able to contribute something useful to the community. It will always be downloadable free of charge from this site.

However, if you've used BootMii to fix a Wii that would otherwise have been dead, please consider donating to help us cover our costs. If you install BootMii on Wiis as part of a paid service (e.g. a console repair shop), please donate $5 per Wii.
In other words, the BootMii people are perfectly fine with you charging for installing it ...

cayspekko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally agree with the donation part. If you make ANY money using another mans effort you should pay it forward to the giants shoulder's you stand on.
I also know a lot of people who aren't technically inclined who are perfectly willing to pay $50 to get their wii hacked.

Also, Nintendo's terms of use does specifically bar running unauthorized software, but hey, microsoft's terms of use doesn't even give you ownership of the software you purchase, you basically just pay for the right to use Windows--it still belongs to microsoft. Also, when you agree to itunes terms and conditions, you specifically agree not to user it to build nuclear weapons or bilogical weapons. (who reads those things anyway?) Anyway, i'm just yabbering.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Puma said:
You do realize charging them is illegal, and if one of them finds out about it, you can go to jail for quite a long time.

First of all hes doing exactly what softmii is doing, only hes doing it in person. (asking for a donation for crimes falls under the same laws as charging for them)
Only thing softmii does that he isn't is post 100% false information to make him self look stupid.

Second, what are you 12? You wouldn't go to jail for that, other than distributing the twilight hack (and banner bomb idk what license that comes with) he hasn't broken any laws.
Even if TT did press charges it would be in civil court, meaning no jail time.

Homebrew isn't illegal you fuckwad, its not even gray area, other than backup loaders, but they fall far twords the lighter side in the eyes in the law.

This is no one likes you and you will die alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, was it from @AncientBoi ?