1. Takatwelved03

Takatwelved03 Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Hello mate. The melonds is for pc, right ? So how about multiplay between a ds lite and emulator on android ?

2. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

United Kingdom
    Consider that the official emulator for DS games on the Wii U Virtual Console didn't have any networking support at all (and that the Wii - and by extension the Wii U - is perfectly capable of locally networking with the DS) it may well be a tall order to implement LAN crossplay between hardware and emulator.

Remember that Echoes of Time, a game that supported Wii/DS crossplay, only allowed a Wii to join a DS online, where the full Wi-Fi standard protocol was in practice. In LAN mode, the DS has to join the Wii.

3. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    DeSmume can with Wiimmfi

DeSmume worked even better than MelonDS on my PC.
    I was never able to do any kind of multiplayer with MelonDS, possibly due to the terrible frame-rate it has on weaker PCs.

E1ite007 and AsPika2219 like this.
  4. AsPika2219

AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Malaysia
    Cool! Pokemon WIFI battles between PC emulator and real DS. And, this job requires faster PC spec to works properly! :yaynds:

5. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Not really, DeSmume is not MelonDS after all :v

My PC Specs :
    4 GB DDR 3
    Intel Celeron
    Intel HD Graphics

I didn't have any problems with the Pokémon (just remember to disable the voice chat function otherwise DeSmume will crash.)

PS:
    Also for some reason, your router has to be compatible with the Nintendo DS.

For example, in my parents' house whose I can't get my Nintendo DS to connect to the router there even changing the network to WEP or without a password, DeSmume WiFi presents the same error as Nintendo DS.

But in my house, where I can connect without problems on my Nintendo DS Lite, DeSmume also worked perfectly.

Last edited by Moon164, May 17, 2020
  6. ebennett365

ebennett365 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    please can you make a tutorial?

7. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I'm Brazilian and my English is very basic (to be honest, I'm using Google Translate now), I don't think I could make a good tutorial.

Anyway, I just followed this video with this files and Wiimmfi DNS.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Multiplayer, emulator, Local