Gaming november firmware update

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could always delay it. The last big update was delayed a week (back in May-June).

They don't want to release it if there's even a slight possibility of bugs. Nintendo always plays it safe.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Nintendo released the update early and something like infinite store credit for everyone just showed up?

And how much shovelware could one possibly need? Sadly, nintendos 3ds e-shop is full of fail. 5-6 cheesy 3ds games and the rest are old gb/c and dsi junk. They may as well start advertising 2600 atari games for 6$ a pop on there and remake them in 3d

Couldn't agree more, as smart as Nintendo is with certain things they are that dumb when it comes to anything to do with the internet. That store should be a gold mine, instead it is laughable..
Kirby's Adventure, Cave Story, Kid Icarus..
There's quite some good DSi-ware games, and some virtual console ones like Gargoile's Quest (prolly mistyped it), among others, the thing is that most of them are over priced but other than that theres quite some nice games there... I've bought several games from the e-shop and all of them are quite fun. =O
Yeah, but there should be some good 3D titles in there, not just pushing DSi Ware.

Nalmontes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could always delay it. The last big update was delayed a week (back in May-June).

They don't want to release it if there's even a slight possibility of bugs. Nintendo always plays it safe.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Nintendo released the update early and something like infinite store credit for everyone just showed up?

And how much shovelware could one possibly need? Sadly, nintendos 3ds e-shop is full of fail. 5-6 cheesy 3ds games and the rest are old gb/c and dsi junk. They may as well start advertising 2600 atari games for 6$ a pop on there and remake them in 3d

Couldn't agree more, as smart as Nintendo is with certain things they are that dumb when it comes to anything to do with the internet. That store should be a gold mine, instead it is laughable..
Kirby's Adventure, Cave Story, Kid Icarus..
There's quite some good DSi-ware games, and some virtual console ones like Gargoile's Quest (prolly mistyped it), among others, the thing is that most of them are over priced but other than that theres quite some nice games there... I've bought several games from the e-shop and all of them are quite fun. =O
Yeah, but there should be some good 3D titles in there, not just pushing DSi Ware.
Metroid II was apparently released so thats another cool game on the eShop

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
So they say November then wait till the very last day of that month.

They dont know how to keep everyone happy do they?
They say Nov then make everyone wait then go looking for a release date.

The worst thing they do is update the 3DS eShop with 1 GB game a week. How about looking at your competition and see how they do it. The PSN for the PSP has about 20 updates a week (it use to when I got on PSN)
Just about every other console has a heap of updates every week and are priced nicely. Why is Nintendo having the least updates and priced so stupidly?
Example, Plants vs Zombies, the iPhone version is $3 where the DSi version is $9. Doesn't make sense. The DSi version is smaller and less graphically intense so it should be cheaper but its more expensive. Even the iPad version is $4 and thats 10x bigger screen size then the DSi.
So Nintendo, get your prices right and start adding more to the shop before you make yourself go bankrupt by not enough updates and stupid high prices.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

The worst thing they do is update the 3DS eShop with 1 GB game a week. How about looking at your competition and see how they do it. The PSN for the PSP has about 20 updates a week (it use to when I got on PSN)
Just about every other console has a heap of updates every week and are priced nicely. Why is Nintendo having the least updates and priced so stupidly?
Example, Plants vs Zombies, the iPhone version is $3 where the DSi version is $9. Doesn't make sense. The DSi version is smaller and less graphically intense so it should be cheaper but its more expensive. Even the iPad version is $4 and thats 10x bigger screen size then the DSi.
So Nintendo, get your prices right and start adding more to the shop before you make yourself go bankrupt by not enough updates and stupid high prices.
Not enough updates? I find them sufficient enough. If there are like 20 updates in a week i am sure to be sick of it.

As for overpricing, very true. Nintendo really needs to learn. Don't expect me downloading any paid software unless it's a AAA download title at that price.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Im not going to deny that the iphone ports are stupidly priced, but updates? Your telling me that you think all those updates are to please the crowd? How many PSP updates have added ANYTHING practical? Sony themselves said the main reason they updated alot was to make sure they kept piracy on thier systems controlled. And what the hell would nintendo put on after the week?!? Two different companies, Sony needs 3rd party support so they HAVE to grab alot of updates, Nintendo needs to get 3rd party support, so they start with baby steps like opening up eshops and dsiware.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
You both didn't read it properly. I said ESHOP UPDATES.
They add 1 stupid game a week to the eshop and thats just pathetic. The PSP PSN weekly updates have about 20 games to choose from where the 3DS eShop has 1 old gameboy game a week.
they really need to drop the prices and add more games to the weekly eshop update.

As for the system updates thats fine, thats not what I said about. I was talking about eshop weekly updates.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
They add 1 stupid game a week to the eshop and thats just pathetic. The PSP PSN weekly updates have about 20 games to choose from where the 3DS eShop has 1 old gameboy game a week.
they really need to drop the prices and add more games to the weekly eshop update.

As for the system updates thats fine, thats not what I said about. I was talking about eshop weekly updates.
Wait, so first you're talking about how many updates they should have to the eshop a week, now you're talking about how many games they should add? dafuq?! you wonder why they misread you?
But I agree there should be more games added weekly,

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

Wait, so first you're talking about how many updates they should have to the eshop a week, now you're talking about how many games they should add? dafuq?! you wonder why they misread you?

??? What are you going on about?
They add 1 stupid game a week. Their competition (PSN) adds about 20 games a week.

The first post I didn't say the word GAME but I meant it. Read it again.
They update the eshop 1 GAME a week.

Doesn't matter, they are lame and its their own fault if the 3DS dies in its first year.
They need to add more games to the weekly eshop update
They need to drop the prices in the eshop
They need to add more functions to the system. I think 4 updates a year with a good addition in each of those updates would be a way to keep it alive for the year.
What did the last update bring? The next one is bringing 3D Video recording, thats a good feature to add, and its suppose to be adding DLC options.

I like the 3DS and I was thinking of getting my daughter her own for Christmas but if Nintendo dont start getting off their ass and doing something really good with it its not going to last another year.
There are only a handful of games, the eshop is just pathetic and empty, the prices of everything are way to high for the quality of game.
The 3DS games are priced about the same as a PS3 or Xbox360 game but the quality is way behind so price it accordingly. Half price is where I see fit.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

??? What are you going on about?
They add 1 stupid game a week. Their competition (PSN) adds about 20 games a week.

The first post I didn't say the word GAME but I meant it. Read it again.
They update the eshop 1 GAME a week.

Doesn't matter, they are lame and its their own fault if the 3DS dies in its first year.
They need to add more games to the weekly eshop update
They need to drop the prices in the eshop
They need to add more functions to the system. I think 4 updates a year with a good addition in each of those updates would be a way to keep it alive for the year.
What did the last update bring? The next one is bringing 3D Video recording, thats a good feature to add, and its suppose to be adding DLC options.

I like the 3DS and I was thinking of getting my daughter her own for Christmas but if Nintendo dont start getting off their ass and doing something really good with it its not going to last another year.
There are only a handful of games, the eshop is just pathetic and empty, the prices of everything are way to high for the quality of game.
The 3DS games are priced about the same as a PS3 or Xbox360 game but the quality is way behind so price it accordingly. Half price is where I see fit.

That's a lot of ranting...
And anyway, 3DS games aren't the same price as PS3 or Xbox360 ones... In my country a new 3DS game costs 40/45€ while a new 360 or PS3 one cost 50/59€
The eshop might be overpriced, but the psn and xbox live aren't that much better, actually, I haven't seen a game you can buy for 2€ on them, and I've seen plenty of them on the eshop (and some of them are surprisingly fun)...
Also, the eshop is quite nicely built, the only downside is that it's new, they're still learning how to improve it and all that, from what I recall, xbox live and psn weren't the same when they came out. Just wait for the updates, the eshop updates every thursday (recieved a notice about it on my 3DS) so it ain't that bad, and whats the point to add dozens of crappy games each weak when you're not gonna play most of them? The eshop is over-priced on some stuff, not all, but same goes for pretty much every other system. Meh... The eshop doesn't get enough love...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like to interact with my smut ok