Homebrew not enough free space for sysnand backup on gm9 am i stuck?

FarawayDC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so yes im a bit of an idiot but i forgot to clear up space on my sd card and now im getting the backup failed message, am i stuck or is there any safe way to take out and clean my sd card of some space?

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Move everything except for the gm9, boot.firm, and luma folders to a computer. Boot into GM9, make a backup of your SYSNand, move the sysnand backup to the computer, and copy all of the stuff that you moved earlier back on to the card.

CSkelly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Move everything except for the gm9, boot.firm, and luma folders to a computer. Boot into GM9, make a backup of your SYSNand, move the sysnand backup to the computer, and copy all of the stuff that you moved earlier back on to the card.
Thanks buddy, moved all that stuff out and now not only does it still not have enough space to fit on the SD card... but now I also cant move all of the folders that I copied back onto my SD, because now my pc is saying there isn't enough space on the SD.

Why tf did the guide not mention needing a 16/32 GB SD card as a pre requisite? If I had known that the original 2GB factory 3ds SD card was not enough to fully configure the CFW then I wouldn't have spent 3+ hours trying to do this.

Here my question now, If I buy a 16/32 GB SD can I move all the information onto that card instead? If not, how do I go about doing this, I'm not risking loosing all my info if the system bricks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5