nook color

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by flashmanx, Jan 23, 2011.

Jan 23, 2011

nook color by flashmanx at 11:35 PM (782 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. flashmanx
    OP

Newcomer flashmanx Member

United States
    I found a great review on youtube and now I must have a nook color

I want to know from people who have one how it is

using calibre I have been making some fanfics which are saved as txt files into epub format with covers and some cbr comics into epub

I can load these onto the nook color and they will work right? Is comic reading a good experience?

2. Am0s

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    my wife has a normal nook and she swears by it, I would think nook color is just a gimmick imo, colour means less battery time reading a book is black and white unless you have one with pictures lol, also it looks like nook colour is not e-ink and has a backlit colour display.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Just stick with a regular one. E-readers having a huge amount of features kind of defeats the purpose as you want the battery to last as long as possible and not have to recharge very often.

4. flashmanx
    OP

Newcomer flashmanx Member

United States
    I'm interested in knowing about the features I asked about I only want the nook color and am only interested in info about the nook color

5. nightsend

Newcomer nightsend Newbie

United States
    Yes, ePUBs work great on a NOOK Color. I have one (2 months now) and it is far from a gimmick. Great machine.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I heard something about someone installing Android on it. If it's possible and easy to do, I might look into one myself. I'd kinda just be like a really cheap Android version of an iPad, minus the 3G (I think, plus I wouldn't pay for it anyway when I can use my phone as a hotspot). It'd be nice to have a full-sized touchscreen that can do most of what my phone does (like write documents, do presentations and spreadsheets, e-mail and web, etc).

7. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    WATCH THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etVMRwn_PnY...be_gdata_player
    You can do a mess of stuff with it if you root it! Its just a matter of putting some files on a SD card. But I must warn you. There is a massive problem with alot of book colors where they refuse to charge after a few weeks. My mom has one and I've gotta say, its pretty nice.

8. ThePowerOutage

Member ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

United Kingdom
    get it, root it (xda-developers.com is your friend) then use normal android apps and there is a patch that can increase the battery life by 2-3 hours iirc.
    From what I've heard the touch screen is awesome.