flashmanx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a great review on youtube and now I must have a nook color

I want to know from people who have one how it is

using calibre I have been making some fanfics which are saved as txt files into epub format with covers and some cbr comics into epub

I can load these onto the nook color and they will work right? Is comic reading a good experience?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my wife has a normal nook and she swears by it, I would think nook color is just a gimmick imo, colour means less battery time reading a book is black and white unless you have one with pictures lol, also it looks like nook colour is not e-ink and has a backlit colour display.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just stick with a regular one. E-readers having a huge amount of features kind of defeats the purpose as you want the battery to last as long as possible and not have to recharge very often.

flashmanx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in knowing about the features I asked about I only want the nook color and am only interested in info about the nook color

nightsend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flashmanx said:
I'm interested in knowing about the features I asked about I only want the nook color and am only interested in info about the nook color

Yes, ePUBs work great on a NOOK Color. I have one (2 months now) and it is far from a gimmick. Great machine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard something about someone installing Android on it. If it's possible and easy to do, I might look into one myself. I'd kinda just be like a really cheap Android version of an iPad, minus the 3G (I think, plus I wouldn't pay for it anyway when I can use my phone as a hotspot). It'd be nice to have a full-sized touchscreen that can do most of what my phone does (like write documents, do presentations and spreadsheets, e-mail and web, etc).

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WATCH THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etVMRwn_PnY...be_gdata_player
You can do a mess of stuff with it if you root it! Its just a matter of putting some files on a SD card. But I must warn you. There is a massive problem with alot of book colors where they refuse to charge after a few weeks. My mom has one and I've gotta say, its pretty nice.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
get it, root it (xda-developers.com is your friend) then use normal android apps and there is a patch that can increase the battery life by 2-3 hours iirc.
From what I've heard the touch screen is awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet