ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1011291.png

500x_angrybirdsnookcolor.jpg
XDA is making steady progress unlocking the full potential of the Nook Color as a cheap Android tablet. Angry Birds is just the first step.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (Gizmodo)

XDA-Developers thread

I'll be following this closely
yay.gif

It runs as smooth as a galaxy tab

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame the current iteration of Android is absolutely atrocious for tablets.

We'll have to see what 3.0 brings.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Knyaz Vladimir said:
512MB RAM!? That's double the amount on my old laptop!

Processor is the same, though lmao. I never use it, anyway.

But, on-topic now... anything that has Angry Birds is good in my book.

Oh yes, Angry Birds ftw!
Quite sure I read somewhere they're porting Angry Birds to DS, PSP and PS3 by the way, so no need at least for me to get a tablet just to play that
biggrin.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's cool that the Nook got hacked and rooted, but what's the big deal about a "$250 tablet"? There are $100 Android tablets out there, big whoop. I mean, yeah, if you're getting a Nook, it's nice to know you can use it as a tablet as well, but if you're primarily looking for a tablet? I dunno.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Veho said:
It's cool that the Nook got hacked and rooted, but what's the big deal about a "$250 tablet"? There are $100 Android tablets out there, big whoop. I mean, yeah, if you're getting a Nook, it's nice to know you can use it as a tablet as well, but if you're primarily looking for a tablet? I dunno.

All the $100 tablets ive seen are pieces of junk. horrible touch screen ans usually comes with a shitty knockoff app store or none at all.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
there is currently only one solid android tablet out, and that's the galaxy tab (it's not even available without a cell phone plan yet). most all of the others are complete crap

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Veho said:
there is currently only one solid android tablet out, and that's the galaxy tab (it's not even available without a cell phone plan yet). most all of the others are complete crap
The 8th gen Archos tablets are pretty nice, although the Nook's IPS panel and capacitive overlay would probably sway me.

bpear96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThePowerOutage said:
Urza said:
Shame the current iteration of Android is absolutely atrocious for tablets.

We'll have to see what 3.0 brings.
GingerBread 2.3 is the udate for tablets
Umm no it is not android now has 2 teams one team to develop for phones 1.6,2.1,2.1 and 2.3 are meant for phones and one to work on android 3 which is designed for tablets. But manafacturs can still make tablets now. like the galaxy tab which runs a samsung customized 2.1 os

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the Nook Colour actually any good as an ereader? Surely no matter how you tinker with it, backlight = hurty head.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a