Hacking Noobie, need some help plz..?

ash08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have been browsing through this GBAtemp site and forums for a few months now to see what was the best multimedia card to buy for a NDSlite (r4 etc) I bought a R4 for my neices DSLite and somehow managed to get it up and running for her with the help of a clip I found on YT.

I'm now looking to buy something similar for myself but basicly want to see if I can buy something a bit cheaper as all I want it for is to dl as many DS games as i can (20-30?) onto my memory card and play. (hope its ok to say that??)
I am really struggling with the description of each card as i dont know what it all means.
blush.gif

Could anyone perhaps reccommend one for me please?

Many thanks in advance!

Ash

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there are millions of topics asking the same thing (so many in fact that I don't see the point in linking you to one), you clearly haven't been searching thoroughly enough.

and you also posted this topic in the wrong section

ash08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shakirmoledina, thanks for your suggestion, I considered this one a while ago and am glad you reccommend it so im currently looking at some sites to find the best one to buy from (and if its in stock!). Thanks again!!

Dice, I have been browsing for a couple of months and weither you find that hard to believe or not, i'm not really bothered.
I had not found a post (out of "millions") that I felt answered a question that was specific to my needs nd therfore posted my own topic.

As for posting it in the wrong place, I simply posted it in the section that states "Not sure which is the best kit? Ask here!" so my sincere apologies if I read that incorrectly
bow.gif

It is people like you that put people off entering these forums, to simply ask for help on something they don't understand, only to be ridiculed by someone like you, who searches through posts and goes out of their way to post an unhelpful reply!!

Get a life
biggrin.gif

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is people like you that put people off entering these forums, to simply ask for help on something they don't understand, only to be ridiculed by someone like you, who searches through posts and goes out of their way to post an unhelpful reply!!

I agree but i point the digital finger at urza lol

and to there posts they semi have a point... people do get tired of answering the same question over and over

And right now the best choices for a slot 1 card is (i don't have a DS and not really up to date on slot 1)
Cyclo DS
Acekard
R4DS

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get an R4, they're not doing so great supposedly.

M3 Real just sucks crap stay away from it.

I'm planning on getting an SCDS1 for the functions of it.

CycloDS just seems to 'look' good, and have good support, but the NEED for good support just means that it's not that great.

If you want something simple, yea an R4 works FOR now, but supposedly there are some problems with it that will eventually (Very soon) won't be fixable. Hardware limits that is.

So for the R4, they may always be able to update enough to keep 99% compatibility, but they won't be adding extra functions.

Think ahead though, I had bought an M3 Real considering the "Oooh slot-2 as well" without considering it's lack of functions and compatibliity, and now I'm going to get an SCDS1 cause I can't stand this. I also have an R4, and they're great again, if ALL you want is DS games/emulators.

P.S. there IS a thread for this o_o;
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=702...0&start=450

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From your description of what you're looking for, the Acekard 2 is probably the best cart for the price. Buy it from dealextreme.com if you want it cheap, but expect to wait a few weeks to get it.

-Bri

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say what I've said to several others.

I spend a good amount of time writing up documentation for people like you to use in making these decisions. I receive nothing from writing these, aside knowing that they're helping people get into the DS scene.

But no, people like you don't spend any time researching this, and even go to the extent to lie about it (unless you are a complete moron who couldn't use a search engine to save your life). Why should I bother making all the information available to you if you aren't even going to read it, and instead simply offload the work onto us yet again, like thousands of others before you (and did it ever occur to you that you could also post in their thread?).

Long story short, you are an idiot.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My simple response to this question is two-fold:

1. If money is no object - Cyclo DS Evolution - It is about $5-10 more than most other cards, but it is worth it. I have 3 Cyclos and they are all I use or will ever use. Everyone has their own preferences, of course, but evertime one of those polls goes up for "what is the best flash cart" Cyclo is always #1. I've tried several other brands (R4, Acekard, DSLink, etc.) and this is what I prefer. It's solid, 100% compatible, has every bell and whistle you could possibly want, and has phenomenal tech support with timely firmware updates.

2. If money is an object - Acekard 2 - It is the closest thing out there to the Cyclo DS in this price range. Solid, with a really nice gui.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The reason for why those topics don't help are because people continue to suggest different carts over and over making your head spin in circles. Now the current list is probably: CycloDS, SCDS One, AceKard 2, TTDS, M3 Real one in a while, and a few others that have been defended or suggested once in a while. Most people just suggest the one cart they have. The most you can get out of it is the feature list, support, compatibility, and a few price ranges for different sites. And it's even easy to look up. You should just read those topics, a few reviews, and then look them up on a search engine. The same question will get the same answers from the same people, unless a new cart comes out, which hasn't really happened. The iTouch came out but I hear it isn't excellent compared to others at the price and the AceKard 2 has become really popular.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SleepingDragon said:
2. If money is an object - Supercard DS One - It is the closest thing out there to the Cyclo DS in this price range. Solid, with a really nice gui.
Fix'd

And for your situation a really cheap and great card is the DSTT if you just want to play games. $20 at Deal Extreme for the DSTT plus $10 for a 2GB card at the same site. 2GB should be able to fit 20-30 games depending on the size of the games.

ash08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Thanks to those who took time to answer my question, I will go for the DSTT or the Acekard, depending on what is in stock/price/delivery date etc.

For those I seemed to annoy a little, I can understand the frusrations of having to answer the 'same' quetion over and over, my advice is; don't waste your time posting a cheeky reply and save your time for replying to those who need your help??
lecture.gif

I think I made it very clear that I was not technologically literate so if that makes me a 'moron/idiot' then so be it.

Again, thanks to those who actually helped me make a decision.

Much obliged!

Ash
AKA the "moron" lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==