Hacking Noob to USB loading... NEED HELP!

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I decided to use USB Loader GX as it seems the most practical one...

but I'm a complete noob at this USB loader thing as I always did backups of my games on dvds. I installed the USB loader GX latest wad so it lays on the system menu.

I'd need someone to explain to me how to set the drive? I've plugged it in the bottom USB port, and tried the format to WBFS option upon launching the loader... but got a code dump error page...

I desperately need someone that can help me, I'm not a homebrew noob though so you can talk to me directly without the need to explain every little details.

thanks in advance guys, always been helpful coming here!

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
download wbfs manager and use that program to format your HDD to wbfs.

after that it should work
smile.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Frenchman said:

but I'm a complete noob at this USB loader thing as I always did backups of my games on dvds. I installed the USB loader GX latest wad so it lays on the system menu.

I'd need someone to explain to me how to set the drive? I've plugged it in the bottom USB port, and tried the format to WBFS option upon launching the loader... but got a code dump error page...

I desperately need someone that can help me, I'm not a homebrew noob though so you can talk to me directly without the need to explain every little details.

How about following one of the numerous guides featured on this site instead of begging someone for an answer? It is obvious you did not strictly follow a guide, as they are 'noob'-proof. The only way to truly teach something to somebody, is by having them do it, and not cheating off their neighbor.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah... well I said I was completely noob with usb, I always used the disk drive.

one question, can I easily trasfer my backups to the HDD? they are all burned down, I keep no iso of them.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OrGoN3 said:
The Frenchman said:

How about following one of the numerous guides featured on this site instead of begging someone for an answer? It is obvious you did not strictly follow a guide, as they are 'noob'-proof. The only way to truly teach something to somebody, is by having them do it, and not cheating off their neighbor.

wow, calm down good sir, I was unaware that I was stepping on your testicle. I went to the sticky at the top and clicked on that fat link at the top... thank you. but I asked here, because it's a black wii I tried to get to run backups, so it was already backup ready but not usb, I wanted to know how to go from that... thank you for your concern, but your post is just as much waste of place than my thread.

now just need to know how to do this... thanks for the help guys, I guess it's impossible to ask help in a message board. we should destroy this forum and have only faqs! yes that is a nice comunity!

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
btw running onmy own wii now... just need to transfer few games to it and plug it to his and play away. thanks for the hel^p those who helped.

how can I take my burned copies and turn them into iso files? since I can make direct copies of them I can surely extract them to my pc?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares what color your Wii is? You're loading up a cIOS. The color of the Wii, or version of boot2, doesn't matter. The steps are the same.

Your problem comes mainly from using a cIOS pack, Darkcorp. No idea what went wrong, if something did. That's the issue you run into when using a pack like that.

As for stepping on my testicles, no, not at all. As for seeing these threads pop up every day for the past year, it gets kind of old. The sticky on the top may not troubleshoot your specific issue, but I'm sure Google does.

My point is, if everyone created a thread as soon as they ran into a problem, there'd be hundreds every day. Luckily, most people attempt to solve things themselves, since that is the only real way to learn something. A small few, including you, choose to simply seek help from the community. There is no problem with that. I just like to see people actually work as hard as the people who now know all the answers. Why should you succeed in an area just because someone else has done all the work for you?

So no, you didn't do anything wrong. And no, you did not step on my massive testicles. But perhaps next time you'd take the initiative to research the problem yourself and solve it on your own. I can gurantee you that your problem is somewhere already in the forums, or the archives.

As for your LEGAL BACKUPS, since they are already decrypted, and you already know you can read them, you can simply rip the image from the disc. Once you have the *.iso file, you can use a Game Backup Manager to scrub it and put it onto your WBFS drive.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks man, I'll take the long time of dumping these fucking roiginals again.

thanks for being so patient. the thing is that I was preparing this BLACK WII (OMG) to read backups through the disk drive, and it obviously can't so I wanted to go USB... so yes the color was imjportant. because if it had been any old regular wii it would read backups through its slut like any nintendo wii.

anyway it works now... thank you again mister.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Frenchman said:
thanks man, I'll take the long time of dumping these fucking roiginals again.

thanks for being so patient. the thing is that I was preparing this BLACK WII (OMG) to read backups through the disk drive, and it obviously can't so I wanted to go USB... so yes the color was imjportant. because if it had been any old regular wii it would read backups through its slut like any nintendo wii.

anyway it works now... thank you again mister.

I'm /really/ hoping that was a freudian slip. Otherwise, just wow. Yes, the fact that it is black means no backup discs, but it's the same for new white Wii's as well (iirc). In any case, I just meant the color had no bearing on USB Loading.

I use my original Wii (gen 1) with a Wiikey v1 (gogo 1.99beta!!). I recently switched over to USB Loading and it's just so much easier. Granted some games don't work here and there, but the solutions are easy to find, and they all work eventually.

As for USB Loaders, USB Loader GX (aka USB Loader GUI) is great. It was my first choice as well. Great UI, incorporates the disc spinning as well as a 3D coverflow. The problem I ran into is it didn't support Hermes' v5 and Waninkoko's rev19 right away. Even when they added the support, it broke, and they've since reverted back to an older version, prior to full v5 and rev19 support.

With that being said, I switched over to Configurable USB Loader. It has the highest compatibility out of any other loader, including USB Loader GX. It has already implemented Alt Dol Plus (granted blocking IOS Reloading will probably be in rev20, which is due out sometime this month) which is a great and easy feature for games that need it. It's really easy to configure, comes in two flavors: 249 or 222, even though you can set it to use whichever IOS you want. The GUI is better with USB Loader GX, but Cfg USB Loader isn't far behind.

So those are my 2 cents. Hopefully you won't run into any more problems now that it's working. As for dumping, yes, quite a while. I don't know if it's faster to create images and then transfer them to the drive, or just rip the game itself from the disc via the Backup Manager. I'd assume the former, but there are reasons to believe the latter may be faster in certain situations.

Anyway, I'm glad that everything is working. The Frenchman can now play games again,
happy.gif
!

Drnick

Trophies
XP
Country
In regard to the disks, just pop them in pc run ImgBurn, create iso from disk, voila done :-) (I hope this doesn't break any rules, if so please feel free to delete),

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks all for the continued support even though I acted kind of noobish, but I as indeed a USB noob. My own wii is still reading backups, but if I want to spare my drive's health I think I'll put a USB HDD on it too, then use both.

GBAtemp is so helpful, anyone who needs anything should come here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.