OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Epuls56 said:
Lol. Awhile ago I installed cIOScorp and I'm kinda thinking that was a bad idea. I installed it on 4.1, where could I find the original IOS files just in case? Cause I'm really thinking of un-cIOScorping my wii. I was stupid when I did it.

EDIT:
Ok some more information, I'm not sure which version of cIOS I installed
frown.gif
Second, my wii is NOT lu64. I got this wii back when the wii first came out.

I believe you should be able to just run the cIOSCORP 3.4 uninstaller which should basically just install legit IOS's over everything automatically.

Clark Kent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can 4.2u VIRGIN be modified yet, this guide says that is coming...
...is that part out of date cause I read elsewhere that any 4.2 can be modified...
blink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Clark Kent said:
...is that part out of date cause I read elsewhere that any 4.2 can be modified...
blink.gif
It can be modified with xzxeros guide
(and my guide thats still in the works)

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clark Kent said:
blink.gif

I don't remember putting anything that said it was coming and thought I just linked to xzxero's guide for sections that dealt with 4.2 for the most part, but I updated most everything to include stuff to work on 4.2. Just read the stuff between the ***'s.

Basically the only thing different is using the 4.2 version of bannerbomb instead, the latest hackmii installer that installs the JODI title ID HBC, use the Trucha Bug Restorer MOD, and then delete the cIOS stubs with AnyTitle Deleter DB, then continue as usual.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nabster92 said:
Basically the only thing different is using the 4.2 version of bannerbomb instead, the latest hackmii installer that installs the JODI title ID HBC, use the Trucha Bug Restorer MOD, and then delete the cIOS stubs with AnyTitle Deleter DB, then continue as usual.
We have TBR 1.1 now instead of MOD
And ATD MOD is better than DB (less freezes)
wink.gif

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
nabster92 said:
We have TBR 1.1 now instead of MOD
And ATD MOD is better than DB (less freezes)
wink.gif

What's the difference between 1.1 and MOD? Is 1.1 basically just straight from WiiPower instead of someone else?

And I just put DB because xzxero had that one in his

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry if this was answered before but when i tried to restore the nand i get this warning "BootMii not found,too dangerous to continue...." and in my pc and WiiXplorer the folder is there, using HackMii v0.6 . I asked about it in other forums and said cause i have BootMii as a IOS. Is this a common problem? because i want to be sure before install preloader because the nand backup wont help me in case of a brick
Thanks in adavnced for ur answers
bow.gif
bow.gif

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wimu said:
Sorry if this was answered before but when i tried to restore the nand i get this warning "BootMii not found,too dangerous to continue...." and in my pc and WiiXplorer the folder is there, using HackMii v0.6 . I asked about it in other forums and said cause i have BootMii as a IOS. Is this a common problem? because i want to be sure before install preloader because the nand backup wont help me in case of a brick
Thanks in adavnced for ur answers
bow.gif
bow.gif

I'm pretty sure I state in the guide that bootmii as an IOS is worthless as far as brick protection is concerned and that under no circumstance should you be using it to restore a NAND backup. Preloader is your only option for brick protection if you can't install bootmii as boot2. The only thing the NAND backup should possibly be used for is if you brick and can't do anything else to fix it with preloader or anything, then you can use a hardware NAND programmer like an infectus to manually flash that NAND backup back to your chip directly.

Read through the bootmii and preloader sections again.

KingofRetards

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this guide was GREAT! I read through all of it, trying to learn about all the stupid crap I have been asking people. But I am still a noob and I have a question. Does dop-IOS MOD only update your IOS' or does it update your Wii too? Also if you have a 3.2 Wii, is cIOS' even required?

Well, that's all my questions. Wonderful guide, really eye opening. Thanks a bunch for making this!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingofRetards said:
Wow, this guide was GREAT! I read through all of it, trying to learn about all the stupid crap I have been asking people. But I am still a noob and I have a question. Does dop-IOS MOD only update your IOS' or does it update your Wii too? Also if you have a 3.2 Wii, is cIOS' even required?

Well, that's all my questions. Wonderful guide, really eye opening. Thanks a bunch for making this!
please read: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS/Dop-IOS_MOD

if you want homebrew even you are at 3.2 or whatever system menu you are in, you need cios installation. eg.: usb loading; playing dvd movies on your wii; etc.
read about cios: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is probably a silly question, but is it still impossible to navigate bootmii as IOS with the wii buttons? I seem to have read somewhere that an update had changed that, but I can't find it anymore.

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
razorback78 said:
Kkolko said:
This is probably a silly question, but is it still impossible to navigate bootmii as IOS with the wii buttons? I seem to have read somewhere that an update had changed that, but I can't find it anymore.
read here how to navigate with the wii buttons: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/bootmii
I had read that, but it's written for bootmii as boot2, I was talking about bootmii as IOS
smile.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kkolko said:
razorback78 said:
Kkolko said:
read here how to navigate with the wii buttons: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/bootmii
I had read that, but it's written for bootmii as boot2, I was talking about bootmii as IOS
smile.gif
you are asking about using the wii buttons to navigate the bootmii right? then install the latest bootmii from the link that you had read. installed bootmii as boot2 or as only an IOS, you could still navigate the menu of bootmii with the reset and power button.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92;
I wanted to thank you for your time in providing this great thread. I have not really posted in a bout 3 years and was one of the first guys to have a v1 wiikey and did a full review....never bothered with softmodding as I found burning a dvdr to be much easier. NSMB has changed that and thanks for your guide, a new world of homebrew is opened to me and it feels like the wii is a brand new machine. I especially think it's awesome how you explain what you're doing each step and some relevant history versus other guides telling you to push which button in what sequence. Thanks again for your hard work.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great piece of work, I gravitated to this tutorial after sifting through mass quantities of youtube vids on how to downgrade from 4.2 to 3.2 to try to run backups, and such. Thank You for all the effort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo