Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PenguinSlap said:
Does this work for 4.1?

I believe everything I've linked to here should work fine on 4.1, but the point of this guide is more to tell you ABOUT everything you use in normal guides rather than directly telling you what to do. I suggest you read through everything (sorry it's a lot to read, but worth it IMO) and then follow one of the guides that I linked at the end.

LurkyTheHamster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really well done and put together reference. Now, we can truly say there is a GOOD place to stop and read up on terms and ideas before diving in head first. Some people just want to be told what to do and don't care about what's going on. I'm not one of those. I like to know the how to the why.

Before it was read read read, search some more, and hope you got somewhat up to the date information. Really glad to see new stickies coming about with updated information in a friendly to understand manner.

Well done sir. Know your efforts are truly going to good efforts of helping people UNDERSTAND the materials and process. Win!

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude very nice guide. I've been in the wii scene for a while, got out of and back in now cause of all the new stuff and have I mean had tons of questions. thanks for the guide its helped me out quite alot

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I've got a 3.1 u wii. And right now I'm trying to install IOS 60 but when its done downloading it freezes. so is there something else I have to do?

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pizzaman2893 said:
ok I've got a 3.1 u wii. And right now I'm trying to install IOS 60 but when its done downloading it freezes. so is there something else I have to do?

Do you have a cIOS already installed along with everything before that?

I may actually just change that to have people just run the 4.0 updater first and then the 4.1 updater. Then use dop-IOS to patch the sig hash check in IOS60 and check any other IOS's that need updating.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
pizzaman2893 said:

Do you have a cIOS already installed along with everything before that?

I may actually just change that to have people just run the 4.0 updater first and then the 4.1 updater. Then use dop-IOS to patch the sig hash check in IOS60 and check any other IOS's that need updating.
yes I have cios rev 8 although I haven't used the trucha bug restorer. Should I do that? EDIT: nevermind did that and it still didn't work I don't know what to do know

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I just updated the 4.1 updating section and I think it's a little bit cleaner/more understandable of a process now.

As for pizzaman, You shouldn't really NEED to use the trucha bug restorer since you already have a cIOS, but you probably should update your cIOS first. Run the cIOS installer linked in that section and have it use IOS249 instead of IOS36.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
OK, I just updated the 4.1 updating section and I think it's a little bit cleaner/more understandable of a process now.

As for pizzaman, You shouldn't really NEED to use the trucha bug restorer since you already have a cIOS, but you probably should update your cIOS first. Run the cIOS installer linked in that section and have it use IOS249 instead of IOS36.
I tried that and still doesn't work
frown.gif
I just read your updated part. So should I just use waninkoko's 4.0 updater? Does it require me to already have ios60?

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pizzaman2893 said:
nabster92 said:

I tried that and still doesn't work
frown.gif
I just read your updated part. So should I just use waninkoko's 4.0 updater? Does it require me to already have ios60?

Yea try that, no it shouldn't require IOS60 first.

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that but it said error when it tried to download the system menu. I'm going to try again and see what happens. EDIT: it worked perfect now to 4.1 thanks for your help
biggrin.gif

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pizzaman2893 said:
I tried that but it said error when it tried to download the system menu. I'm going to try again and see what happens. EDIT: it worked perfect now to 4.1 thanks for your help
biggrin.gif

So did you just run the 4.0 updater again and it worked that time?

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
pizzaman2893 said:
biggrin.gif

yup worked perfectly don't know why it didn't it work the first time though. I also got to 4.1
biggrin.gif
but for some reason vc games won't launch off my sd card. I really don't need it but I'm going to try other sd cards tomorrow so.... thanks for the help

nabster92

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pizzaman2893 said:
nabster92 said:
pizzaman2893 said:
biggrin.gif

yup worked perfectly don't know why it didn't it work the first time though. I also got to 4.1
biggrin.gif
but for some reason vc games won't launch off my sd card. I really don't need it but I'm going to try other sd cards tomorrow so.... thanks for the help

You need to have the trucha bug in IOS60 in order for vc wad's to launch from the sd card menu. Legit channels should launch fine, but you need to patch that IOS for wad channels.

You can try using dop-IOS again now to install the latest IOS60 with the sig hash check. If you already installed preloader, you will probably have to reinstall it afterwards though.

recoomeboom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently softmodded my wii using the stickied guide by deviyl, and everything is working fine, and i really appreciate both because in tandem, i was able to preform the softmod and understand it a little better (though i'm still about as far from pro as you can get
tongue.gif
). I stuck to deviyl's guide word for word, so i have no further modifications.

one area that i am still a little confused on is how the IOS files are affected during system updates. I have bootmii installed to boot2, so i shouldn't have any major issues (based on what i've read) and i am really not interested in playing backed up games on dvd's or a flash drive. from here on out, should i be safe getting official firmware updates from nintendo, without the fear of being bricked?

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I haven't installed preloader should I? and I still get stuck with dop ios. After its done downloading everything it just freezes. Edit: also the only time it freezes is when I install it with the sig hash check

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm