Noob question regarding menuhax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TPatroller, May 21, 2016.

1. TPatroller
    OP

TPatroller Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I used to have a noob friendly autoboot to emunand via menuhax but I decided to update my emunand and unlink nands and I think I made a mistake there, I cannot seem to install menuhax anymore because of the build not matching my current emunand version (11.0) I suppose? That is kind of what it says in the error message, I renamed my previous 10.7 payload to 11.0 so I can use homebrew launcher .cia but I thought that was the only thing I needed to rename/place in order to get menuhax, any help on this or am I ruined?

tl;dr: I updated emunand and unlinked nands so I lost menuhax

2. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Just reinstall menuhax on sysnand. If you unlinked nands, via formatting your sysnand, then yeah, that's what caused you to lose menuhax.

Menuhax relies on the sysnand version, so the payload for menuhax does not need to be renamed.

3. TPatroller
    OP

TPatroller Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    That means I'll need a method like oothax or ninjhax in order to install it via sysnand I assume, since I don't know if browserhax works currently (I'm on 9.2).

4. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Browserhax works just fine on 9.2.

5. Khangaroo

Khangaroo $ORIGINALTITLE

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    192.168.1.3 (don't ddos me!)
    You dont even need the date bypass on 9.2!

6. TPatroller
    OP

TPatroller Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I managed to run browserhax after a few tries and now everything works fine! I'm gonna try to get my hands on some Arm9 some time later when I get more familiar with this stuff.