Noob question about CBHC

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by turbosheep, Feb 22, 2017.

1. turbosheep
    OP

turbosheep Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    Netherlands
    Alright, brand new to the WiiU scene, followed the guide from a poster in this topic:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-help-required.458965/

I bought a DS game on the Eshop and installed all the recommended apps through the Loadiine webpage -> 'homebrew appstore installer' option. No problems there.

But no new apps appeared on the WiiU home menu.
    How do access any of the homebrew apps that I installed?
    I feel like I'm missing something basic; would someone please educate me?
    Thanks a lot.

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    When you install an app from the app store it puts it on your sd. You have to load homebrew launcher to see it and launch it. Only WUP installer puts titles on the home screen

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    And if you get the Haxchi/CBHC installers via the appstore (and of course actually install these secondary exploits), the DS game won't have its icon changed because the installer gets them from an external file, but appstore can't distribute files outside the homebrew's elf/icon/xml -- although they will still work perfectly

Once you have CBHC you can just reboot/rerun the DS game and select boot to HBL (or just install the channel version of the HBL) to get offline access to the elf/rpx homebrews

Last edited by Ryccardo, Feb 22, 2017