Hacking NOOB POST! Downgrade 10.7 and install A9LX

navalweaponsofficer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry , I would consider myself an advanced computer user as I have a degree in IT and do it every day but this is killing me. I did not want to have to ask but I am at a loss and cannot figure this out.

After reading many posts on this site and the posts links I have the following questions "for now".
I have two old 3DSXL's one has 10.7.0-32U the other has 7.2.0-16U. I have been recently (as I could not get other down grade procedures to work) been using https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to try and go through this process, but when I get to the downgrade of the 10.7 (cant even get past step one boy I suck) using this page https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax I cannot figure out what to do. I bought OOT today but I cannot figure out how to use the files on the web page to exploit the haxx save slot.

Does any one know of an OOT exploit procedure for dummies? because I cannot figure this one out https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax.

I thought starting with the one on 7.2 would be easier but I can find nothing on how to upgrade from 7.2 to A9LX.

Thanks!

Edit: Just Realized I posted in the wrong place!

Last edited by navalweaponsofficer,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I assume you don't have Oothax working? If you don't, use this tutorial (you will need Powersaves or some other way to access the homebrew menu):

And you don't really upgrade from a firmware to a9lh lol. They're completely different things. For the 7.2 3ds, I recommend first updating from 7.2 to 9.2 as that's the optimal firmware to be on. Here's the guide I'd recommend you use. After that, continue with the guide from step one (the 7.2 3ds will be easier).

Last edited by Just Passing By,

3dsn00b

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by 3dsn00b,

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll add that, when your 7.2 3ds will be able to access the HBL, you can inject the corrupted save file for oot with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1