Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Frouwke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I can't get to the system menu - I think I mean the main screen with that. Only to Priiloader, but nothing in there works anymore. HBC says "Error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?" and bootmii just says error, or something of those sorts.

[edit] Okay, can't load anything from the Priiloader. When I click on system menu, I get "Exception (DSI) occurred!)". With lots of codes. I press reset, and get to the Wii menu. I can access the HBC from there.. can only install BootMii as an iOS though, probably because of my SD card

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
Okay, I didn't mean the system menu (SM) I meant the main screen in priiloader. In the main menu of priiloader select "Launch Title" and then from there you can launch the Homebrew Channel (HBC).

Frouwke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, cool. :) Anyway, managed to fix it. Wasn't really bricked I guess!

But I have a question... I can't install bootmii on boot2, which makes it impossible to use it for backups, right? So why do I even have the option to make a back-up..

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
But I have a question... I can't install bootmii on boot2, which makes it impossible to use it for backups, right? So why do I even have the option to make a back-up..
That's still useful to make and restore backups for other reasons as well like if your system menu doesn't work right but you can still get to Priiloader or you want all your saves back after doing a Wii U transfer or you or your kids accidentally formatted the console or something like that. There are other uses.

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
Ah, cool. :) Anyway, managed to fix it. Wasn't really bricked I guess!
Actually it was bricked by the sound of it, and it's a good thing that you had priiloader installed so you could fix it. Anyway good work, and I hope you've re-installed priiloader so that you can fix it if another issue comes up!

No, it doesn't make it impossible to use it for backups. You can still launch it from the HBC or from priiloader, which means that it's still a useful tool to backup/restore the NAND.

piccolo95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded Wii with UNEEK+DI installed using ModMii.
How do I apply cheats on games using UNEEK? I've tried using kanobiwii method, but it didn't work at all.

Also, what is the difference between fsmodule, dimodule, and esmodule?

Jinxzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. When I boot up the game Tales of symphonia from usbloader gx. It freezes during the first battle can anyone help me fix this?

Timbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total noob here. I bought a used Wii RVL-001 updated to 4.3 to mod, but before it arrived, hackmii has gone down. So I used Modmii instead. I download everything, printed my guide, formatted my SD card (not SDHC) to Fat32, copied the COPY_TO_SD files to the card. When I open the red bomb message, it just brings me back to the channel screen. I've been reading around but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Total noob here. I bought a used Wii RVL-001 updated to 4.3 to mod, but before it arrived, hackmii has gone down. So I used Modmii instead. I download everything, printed my guide, formatted my SD card (not SDHC) to Fat32, copied the COPY_TO_SD files to the card. When I open the red bomb message, it just brings me back to the channel screen. I've been reading around but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks!!
Well, modmii downloads stuff from hackmii so it probably wasn't able to download what it needed for that step of the process. When hackmii (and related sites) come back up again, go to http://bootmii.org/download/ , download the hackmii installer and put the boot.elf in the root of your SD card and try again.

Timbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, modmii downloads stuff from hackmii so it probably wasn't able to download what it needed for that step of the process. When hackmii (and related sites) come back up again, go to http://bootmii.org/download/ , download the hackmii installer and put the boot.elf in the root of your SD card and try again.

OK, thanks. Am I supposed to copy all of the files and folders to the SD card, or just the boot.elf?

vigorito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
hi guys m new to this,i just bought the hacked wii its installed on the main menu (the homebrew channel,wii flow,configurable usb loader,usb loader gx,neogamma,backup hbc) i download 2 games from internet both of them are in .wia format,so basicly what i need to do to play them from usb stick? do i need to format usb stick please little help

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys m new to this,i just bought the hacked wii its installed on the main menu (the homebrew channel,wii flow,configurable usb loader,usb loader gx,neogamma,backup hbc) i download 2 games from internet both of them are in .wia format,so basicly what i need to do to play them from usb stick? do i need to format usb stick please little help

Format your USB stick as Fat32 with 64 kilobyte sectors (EaseUS Manager is the easiest tool for doing this imo) and then convert your wia files to wbfs. They are Wii games, right? But before you do any of that, you might want to get ModMii and follow their instructions for modding your Wii. If you buy a Wii, then you must hack it yourself. It's the only way to be sure that your Wii will work the way it's supposed to.

On a side note, where did you get two .wia files? They normally come as .iso extensions.

vigorito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
hi,my wii is allready hacked i have all installed the homebrew channel,wii flow,configurable usb loader,usb loader gx,neogamma,backup hbc i just wanted to know how to load the games,both files that i downloaded from torrents are in .wia format i get them from pirate bay but im using mac when i download them om mac osx i thing both file was .wbfs but i just boot on a same laptop to windows 7 so i guess win reads them different? so basicly i need to format usb stick to fat 32 and transfer .wia files to the root of the stick or i need to make some folders? and after that?​

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,my wii is allready hacked i have all installed the homebrew channel,wii flow,configurable usb loader,usb loader gx,neogamma,backup hbc i just wanted to know how to load the games,both files that i downloaded from torrents are in .wia format i get them from pirate bay but im using mac when i download them om mac osx i thing both file was .wbfs but i just boot on a same laptop to windows 7 so i guess win reads them different? so basicly i need to format usb stick to fat 32 and transfer .wia files to the root of the stick or i need to make some folders? and after that?

You need to make a folder called wbfs (all lowercase) in the root of your USB stick and then rip your games to it using WiiBackupFusion. And then stick your USB drive into the port closest to the edge of the Wii and load one of your loaders. They should appear. And you don't need Neogamma; it's outdated. You can keep it if you adore having outdated software, but it's not necessary otherwise.

And don't forget to post a thread in the Introductions section of the forum so we can make you an official member of this loving family here on the 'Temp. :)

vigorito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
i will introduce myself,just im having problems to load .wia files into wii backupfusion,fusion cant read them,when i open backupfusion and when i choose files tab,when i press load and navigate to .wia file its not showing that file (but file is there)

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will introduce myself,just im having problems to load .wia files into wii backupfusion,fusion cant read them

Well then you should find .iso copies of them; that's the only way for games to be read in there. (I should've said this earlier...) If they're read as wbfs files in Windows, then you don't need to convert them; you can just move them.

vigorito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
wierd thing,wiibackupfusion cant read single .wia file but can ad whole folder where is wia file,and now fifa 13 folder is showing in wiibackup fusion ufff i guess i just need to make a path for converting to ub stick? hm i downloaded fifa 13 and call of duty and both torrent were in .wia fortmat

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wierd thing,wiibackupfusion cant read single .wia file but can ad whole folder where is wia file,and now fifa 13 folder is showing in wiibackup fusion ufff i guess i just need to make a path for converting to ub stick? hm i downloaded fifa 13 and call of duty and both torrent were in .wia fortmat

Well if it can read FIFA, then just move the CoD file into the folder with FIFA. Or create a folder with CoD in it.

vigorito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
not sure what is cod file? you mean call of duty? im able to add both games fifa 13 and call of duty to backup fusion but only if .wia files are in folder not if they are like a single file,but when i press transfer to wgfs im getting error,also in settings i changed in tab WIT path to the usb stick to the lowered case wbfs folder,im i doing good? hm maybe wiibackup fusion cant work with fat 32 usb sticks? maybe i should format usb stick to wbfs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you