scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm using SNEEK via SD and trying to USB load stuff, but at this point I'm just going to use the normal NAND and not bother with it anymore. ^^;

ok i hear you it took me like a month of messing with this stuff to get mine setup and working the way i wanted it to

if you want to try again later just pm me and i can give you a hand if you need it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wanted to ask witch is the best format a game should have to put it in neogamma or usb loader gx i use a 8 gb sd card and have a game already in iso format and in wbfs format. i also wanted to know what should be the name of the folder. it is a pal game and i dont know witch settings i have to put on in germany i know that i need to force video but i dont know into what i hope someone can help me
USBLoaderGX doesn't load Wii games from SD card, only USB.
SD card works with GameCube games and EmuNAND.

Other USBloaders can play Wii games from SD card.

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there's a way to make the channel buttons on the wii home screen static. I've got a lot of Virtual Console games installed and it becomes difficult to find the game you want when every few seconds the entire screen just says "SNES" 12 times.

I'm soft modded running 4.1U.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there's a way to make the channel buttons on the wii home screen static. I've got a lot of Virtual Console games installed and it becomes difficult to find the game you want when every few seconds the entire screen just says "SNES" 12 times.

I'm soft modded running 4.1U.
I think you'd be better off using a loader to play your Virtual console games. That would make it alot easier.

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you'd be better off using a loader to play your Virtual console games. That would make it alot easier.

I'm using a loader for Wii and GC games (USB Loader GX) But it doesn't seem to show the VC games installed on the SD (There are far too many to keep on the wii itself, about four times as much memory as is available).. and there doesn't appear to be anyway to hide specific things from showing up.

I've tried Neogamma (Didn't like it at all) and WiiFlow seems to leave me feeling the same way.

izzydeank

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a loader for Wii and GC games (USB Loader GX) But it doesn't seem to show the VC games installed on the SD (There are far too many to keep on the wii itself, about four times as much memory as is available).. and there doesn't appear to be anyway to hide specific things from showing up.

I've tried Neogamma (Didn't like it at all) and WiiFlow seems to leave me feeling the same way.
Yeah I think usb loaders can only read them off a sd card/usb drive if you make a emunand. I'd suggest doing that, but its alittle more tricky to set up.

Propellent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.3U and I was wondering if there is a way to wipe the Wii clean so I could hack it again? I've been having issues with USB Loader GX telling me to copy the GC games to an SD card but it always thinks the card is full, plus I have dios mios lite and now I can't play my retail games.

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.3U and I was wondering if there is a way to wipe the Wii clean so I could hack it again? I've been having issues with USB Loader GX telling me to copy the GC games to an SD card but it always thinks the card is full, plus I have dios mios lite and now I can't play my retail games.

You could uninstall Dios Mios Lite.. when you soft modded did you make a complete NAND backup after using BootMii? If you did you can just load into BootMii and restore it.

Propellent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could uninstall Dios Mios Lite.. when you soft modded did you make a complete NAND backup after using BootMii? If you did you can just load into BootMii and restore it.

I don't know if I did or not, how do I uninstall Dio Mios?

EDIT: I tried booting configurable usb loader and it said that my ios 249 was a stub and that I need to reinstall it, how do I go about doing this?

Propellent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which ios do I use for the install, I have Yet Another Wad Manager and when I choose the default ios which is 249, it freezes.

EDIT: My final question is about usb loader gx, it used to be able to load gc games right from my usb drive, but now it wants me to copy the game to the sd, which it says has not enough space to put a game, even though it does. What went wrong?

iDominic

Like a sir.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had DIOS MIOS working fine on my original Wii 4.3u.
Then I believe I installed IOS 248, in order to use Configurable USB Loader, using the d2x cIOS Installer.
Now, my Gamecube refuses to accept input from my Gamecube controllers - Even refusing input from my SP via GBALink on Four Swords.

Now, everything seemed to be fine and I'm still not sure if that's the problem.
But it appears to be the only changed variable - I haven't installed anything else since then.

I don't mean to be too needy, but the Gamecube emulation is the only reason I bought this Wii,I already had a pretty new Black Wii (Family Edition), and it took ages to find someone to buy it from.

Any help I could get would be incredibly appreciated.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i've been reading through a lot of threads and forums just to learn how to soft mod a wii. I'll be getting my Wii hopefully by tomorrow (2nd hand btw) and i like to softmod it once i have it. I want my first time to be memorable :D lol, i mean, i want to have no issues with it at my first go. I've been reading that there are some circumstance that you cant install Bootmii on boot2 if you didnt meet some requirements, and it is much recommended to install Bootmii in boot2 so i dont want to install it in IOS. I will be willing to give the information once i get my hands on the device (eg. SN etc). I have read the Modmii thread and i already installed it on my laptop, and its ready to go. Please enlighten me, thanks.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Quote from : http://bootmii.org/faq/
What does "The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install mean? Are you going to fix it?

No, it can't be fixed. Installing as boot2 is the most useful way to install BootMii, but it requires that we exploit a particularly silly bug in a part of the system that can not be changed under any circumstances. Nintendo finally fixed this bug in new Wiis that were released sometime in 2008. We have looked for a suitable replacement for this exploit, but have not found one, and it does not seem likely that anyone ever will.

Within 2008 they fixed the issue that allowed bootmii to be installed into boot2 , so it depends upon the model of wii you get as to the level of protection allowed to you.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if my unit falls under the 2008 models and above, i dont have a choice but to install bootmii in IOS? and is there any method or guides out there that can tell me if i can install bootmii in boot2 on my unit? i mean by checking somethings such as serial number etc.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well im sure theres a serial number range out there , without looking i wouldnt know for sure , nevertheless the bootmii installation procedure will inform you of this during its procedure. Now if you wanted to determine this before you purchased it then im sure someone will pop in with a source for wii serials info.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, i was also searching google while waiting for your answers. One more thing, so, if it happens that i only have the option to install bootmi/ios, can i still back up my wii's nand? and if unfortunately, my wii got bricked, can i somehow unbrick it? Cause regarding on what i have read, you can do it if you have installed bootmi/boot2 but i never saw someone writing about the other one (bootmi/ios).

Thanks Gabelvampir, i will look through it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny