Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: 2 people

KevinKermitMitch

Trophies
XP
Spent a while searching as I've seen this question asked (but not answered) on a couple of external [torrent] sites...

I have a softmodded 4.3E Wii, and there are numerous Virtual Console games I'd love to play but can't (mostly american).

Some in question --> Doc Louis Punch Out, Mega Man X, and I believe there are a couple more WiiWare games I'm forgetting.

I've Priiloaded my Wii to Region Free, and tried patching the .wads via FreeTheWads and such but no joy.

•••

Would my best bet be to change the region of my Wii to NTSC-U with ModMii?

If so, would this render all my Pal VC games useless?

and how difficult is the changeover process from region to region, is it simply a trip to HBC and then using modmii or something to select a region, or is there much more too it than that?

Thanks in advance.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
Spent a while searching as I've seen this question asked (but not answered) on a couple of external [torrent] sites...

I have a softmodded 4.3E Wii, and there are numerous Virtual Console games I'd love to play but can't (mostly american).

Some in question --> Doc Louis Punch Out, Mega Man X, and I believe there are a couple more WiiWare games I'm forgetting.

I've Priiloaded my Wii to Region Free, and tried patching the .wads via FreeTheWads and such but no joy.

•••

and how difficult is the changeover process from region to region, is it simply a trip to HBC and then using modmii or something to select a region, or is there much more too it than that?

Thanks in advance.

i have 4.3e and never used modmii and can play american wiiware and vc games, i use wad manager to install my .wads. admittedly though some do black screen on me so i delete them and keep ones that work and as for torrents i highly recommend do not use them, a friend of mine made that mistake and ended up downloading a game .wad can't remember the name of it but for arguements sake its strongbad .wad and when he actually installed it, it turned out it was some mal ware that just bricked his wii but he hadbootmii as boot 2 so he fixed it

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
Just making another nand backup, i have 3 bad blocks but once it goes over and verifies this they do go green, is this normal?
this has done this since on all back ups since i modded the wii.

still finding some games black screen using wiiflow 2.2, also when you click a case to bring it closer and you should hear game sound there is nothing at all this happens on two games i have, just the case and they also black screen when trying to open it. could this be an ios issue?

most of my games work perfect though :)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently got a Wii that was hacked and has a WiiKey in it. It's been like that for a while, but I'm just wondering as to how I would go about playing somewhat of the newer games on the console. I tried googling and stuff but couldn't find any answers that helped me.

I know I'm not able to go online with the console, but I mean, what tools and programs would I need to burn games to discs, do I have to update the WiiKey at all?

KevinKermitMitch

Trophies
XP

•••

Thanks in advance.

i have 4.3e and never used modmii and can play american wiiware and vc games, i use wad manager to install my .wads. admittedly though some do black screen on me so i delete them and keep ones that work and as for torrents i highly recommend do not use them, a friend of mine made that mistake and ended up downloading a game .wad can't remember the name of it but for arguements sake its strongbad .wad and when he actually installed it, it turned out it was some mal ware that just bricked his wii but he hadbootmii as boot 2 so he fixed it

Generally the torrents I've got have been from "scene" places, not public trackers. So they've been trusty.
I've noticed in the past a few games have worked (as have Japanese releases), but generally it's the US only ones that have not worked, which makes them all the more desirable for me to play them on my Wii O_O. Heh

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
I recently got a Wii that was hacked and has a WiiKey in it. It's been like that for a while, but I'm just wondering as to how I would go about playing somewhat of the newer games on the console. I tried googling and stuff but couldn't find any answers that helped me.

I know I'm not able to go online with the console, but I mean, what tools and programs would I need to burn games to discs, do I have to update the WiiKey at all?
I go online with my soft mod wii and never had a problem :grog: . the disks you require are -r and you need img burn. I know nothing about the wiikey so i assume that is a mod chip?

aznheat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I'll be partitioning this drive in two, one for wbfs for Wii game loading and one for fat32 for other stuff. Fat32 cause I'm a mac user.

Thanks for the answer, FIX94! :D
You can use FAT32 too for games, I can just suggest it :P
Don't know why but it didn't work the first time I tried with FAT32. Couldn't copy my original games on the USD drive... So I reformated it as a wbfs drive.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's probably because you didn't update your usb-loader and\or cIOS. Either that or you partitioned your hard drive wrong (ie. not primary\active). Another possibility is that your hard drive is one of those rare cases that is compatible with the Wii if formatted as WBFS but not if formatted as FAT32.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i got a simple question, my cousin have a backup of karaoke glee and she can't play, black screen, her wii is soft modded to play only backup discs (not on HDD) and she have Neogamma on her wii .. she don't know nothing about modding things and all, i did the mod and i want it to be "newb-friendly" to play with her games .. so, do you have an easy solution for this problem ?

Thank You ! :)

PS: she don't have an SD Card in her wii so, she can't play with .dol files i installed directly with .wad so it would be easier to play ..

rko2164

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys back again finally got an SD card & bigger HD < for videos etc etc..

I haven't started modding my wii but before i proceed kind of confused with a few things

1) after i do the letter bomb thing and plug in the sd inside of the wii,from there how do i install the nessicary files? do i go to the SD menu or my inbox on the wii

2) how would i go playing an emulator? mostly N64 games

3) after i load up the files from the sd card what do i install from there?

Sorry for being a pain,this would be my first time soft modding ^_^

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
use modmii to help u mod your wii, it will generate a custom guide for u to follow and explain exactly what to do.

to play an emulator, just download it, save it to the sd card or FAT32 HDD, load it from the homebrew channel or a forwarder channel and that's it. You'll have to make sure u have roms for the emulator saved to your device as well. You can find a lot of emulators on ModMii's download page 2 under the "Just for Fun" section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...