Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

StevenHuntKang

Trophies
XP
I have a 4.2-ish modded NTSC-J system that just locked itself away after I stopped playing Zelda Twilight Princess(J) via Configurable USB loader. It's now not accepting any wiimote syncs or GC controllers, yet it boots "properly". I figure a factory reset and starting over from 4.2J would do the job, but I have no controls.

...Help, please?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are people so mean on this Forum?
there are no mean people here, only those that troll the lazy.
i can't use wiishop without update.
Just wanted to know if update will harm the softmod.
You can. Use ModMii to download the latest shop channel and IOS56, then install them with Multi-Mod Manager.
is IOS61 not the latest for the latest shop channel? thats what modmii told me :P 'would you like to install the shop channel? (this will also download IOS61)' or something similar to that haha

philip11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can. Use ModMii to download the latest shop channel and IOS56, then install them with Multi-Mod Manager.
is IOS61 not the latest for the latest shop channel? thats what modmii told me :P 'would you like to install the shop channel? (this will also download IOS61)' or something similar to that haha
Well I'm not Lazy so there mean

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Then you have a very old version of ModMii. You need to use IOS56,

AlexanderRonzhyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I've got another noob question.

I want to buy a used wii for my younger siblings and softmod it, though I am not into modding and hacking.

As I understood any Wii with firmware

SébastienKober

Trophies
XP
AlexanderRonzhyn: Just two days ago, I was a total noob at this. I even asked a stupid question one page back in this thread. I downloaded ModMii, and it solved every single problem I had. A retarded chimp with Alzheimer's could softmod a Wii, even with firmware 4.3, with that gem of a program.
I remember something about older Wiis, brick protection and installing BootMii as boot2 instead of as an IOS, but I'm hazy on the details. If someone with more experience could elaborate...?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically I can buy ANY wii and use ModMii to softmod it without problems?
Yes, however, if the wii was made earlier in the Wii's lifetime (not sure when exactly) then you will be able to do things such as read burnt discs, and install bootmii as boot2 (which makes your Wii nearly unbrickable, you could remove or corrupt every IOS and remove the system menu from the Wii, and still be able to fix it fairly easily)

SébastienKober

Trophies
XP
Quoting from http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/the-basics

"BootMii works by inserting itself into the Wii's boot process, which is as follows:
BOOT0 -> BOOT1 -> BOOT2 -> System menu

BootMii relies on a bug present in boot1 which allows it to be installed into boot2, meaningit can start up before IOS and the System Menu run. Boot1, while a part of the NAND, has its sig hashes stored in OTP (One Time Programmable) Memory and therefore it can never be updated once the console has been manufactured. Consoles made before mid-2008 have the older boot1 and can have BootMii installed to boot2, while consoles that were produced later on have an updated boot1 that will not allow you to install Bootmii as boot2. With these type of Wii's Bootmii can still function if you have a method of booting into the Homebrew Channel. It's not as brick proof as BootMii as boot2, but its better than have no brick protection at all. "

Now, I know that you can boot into the homebrew channel with Priiloader, but I'm not entirely sure how useful this is. In any case, ModMii generates a custom guide for you based on the information you give it, so there really isn't that much that can go wrong.

vonzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all, i have some kind of problem and i would like your help
my wii was working perfectly with my gx loader 2.3
but today i download and put two new games on my hdd and the gx loader cant load any of my games, new and old.
I can see the list with games, but when i press load it has the black screen and i can do nothing, just turn off the console.
The games that i downloaded is the new zelda and the rayman.
Plz help me i dont know what to do. I cant play anything.

helen1925695

Trophies
XP
Country
I may not be in the right place, but can someone help me, Im now desperate.
Where do I start, can anyone please please help me. I put home brew on my wii and launched some games via neogamma. All was fine until one of the kids put a copied DVD in the wii. Then it stopped working. I updated to V4.1 and all seems ok with some games but with others the screen is all tones of red. You can play the game for ex Zumba fitness but its in shades of red. Can anyone help ???????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_