JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
When I d/l certain games some of them won't work on either usb loader i have. Like i dl'd Resident Evil Umbrella chronicles and i would load it and the screen would go black and I would have to reset the wii. Also Super Mario Galaxy also does the same. I make sure to make them .iso if they arent already. Any suggestions as to why some games do this? I look on the comments for the download and everyone says it worked for them etc.
Buy the game and it should work fine.
big help, thanks...
Glad I could help! ;)

outcast22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a noob to wii hacking but haven't done in awhile. Bout to do a couple running 4.3 and was wondering, when using Letterbomb technique, can Priloader be added and if so how? Or is there any other antibrick programs that can be added when using Letterbomb?

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is the maximum size usb flash drive that can be used via usb loaders? and does the brand really matter? I bought an expensive 16 gb flashdrive for school a few years back and it seems to work good for games, and i recently bought a cheapy 32 gb one off ebay and is hit and miss with loading on configurable & gx loaders on wii.

stardust2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just did an experiment, and put the same .iso on both a cheap 32 gb usb from ebay and a higher end 16 gb one, and the 16gb would load the game flawlessly, and the cheap one would give the black screen. Weird, i guess you get what you pay for.

Regulon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my wiiflow working. And now there's a new problem. The only game i have right now is new super mario bros. and everytime i go in a tunnel or finish the stage it just freezes(there's also no music).
The setting of my wiiflow are the following:
default video mode: default
default game language: default
error 002 fix: on
ocarina: off

the settings of my game:
video mode: default
language: default
ocarina: default
DOL: main.dol

patch country strings: off
error 002 fix: default
vipatch: off
IOS: default

block IOS reload: off
patch video modes: none

what should i do?

segasonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello! 1st, sorry for my improper English, I'm Hungarian. I have a little problem, and the reason why I'm asking here, in my country, the interest about the consoles except PS3 and X360 is very low. I think this is pathetic, but I don't care really. Hope you can help me, thanks!
I want to play Super Mario Galaxy [PAL] from my USB device, but it has annoying lags at the cutscenes where "more action" happens. Gameplay runs fine. The details:
I softmodded my 4.3E Wii without any problem, to make my discs play from USB drive. I'm an beginner in hacking Wii, but I can learn quickly. What I did:
Installed the Homebrew Channel, BootMii, IOS236, Wii Mod 2.6 (Yawmm didn't worked), Priiloader. I set them properly. Then I downloaded the USB Loader GX, but there was an error because of the cIos, so i've updated it with "cIOSX rev21" (the cios thing is still dark for me, don't know which is the best or latest version, so I guess maybe this is one of the two things I think the cause of the problem). Then USBLGX worked, I updated it. Tried the game, worked, but it lagged at the cutscenes. Then I tried CFG Usb Loader v70 yesterday, and it lags as well. So I guess the softwares are fine, maybe the devices has a problem.
The interesting thing is, when I softmodded my Wii, I used Kingston microSD with adapter instead of an SD card because I don't have one. It is 2GB, and everything worked fine with it. But I still take my bet on this, that the microSD causes the lag, but I don't know exactly. My USB device is a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8GB. In the compatibility list it says this device is fine.
So my "problem list" are:
Too old cIOS;
microSD card instead of and SD;
maybe I have to configure the loader properly, but I don't know how exactly, I tried all video patches, the Anti 002 thing, switch everything from off to on, from on to off, but nothing changed, the lag remained;
or it is the game itself.
I converted the game three times with the Wii Boot Manager, in NTFS. I tried even WBFS manager, I converted my USB device to a WBFS device. Same results.
I'll get back my F1 2009 [PAL] today, so I'll try with it as well. Unfortunately I don't have other games. I dont't like warez.
So can you help me please? How can I update my cIOS if it's too old? I heard about a program for Windows, but I don't know exactly.
Thank you very much!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, cIOS is version 249.

EDIT2: Okay, I've found it, ModMii 4.7.5, updated everything, works fine now. Sorry for being lame. Delete this post please.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanna know if anybody can help me with this just read my post #9337 please and thank you.. ^_^
Have you tried re-ripping the game? or getting a copy from another source?

You could trouble shoot it:
Try playing the game in USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader and see if it happens in the same spot(s).
Try ripping the game again.
Try getting the game from another source.

Which 249 are you using:d2xb1?

ShuggieH

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright Folks,

Just new to this forum and looks like there's some good info here, nice work.

Not quite a newbie to this but haven't done anything with the Wii for a while and am looking to get back into it (so is the wife and daughter!!)

I got my Wii a while back and used the Zelda Twilight hack to install the HBC and am currently on firmware version 3.3E.

I'm wondering what I need to do to get the latest games working, and be able to store them on a usb hard drive (if possible) and any further mods I need to do in the process.

Any info would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks

Shuggie

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remod it with ModMii (in the stickies). You don't need to worry about getting rid of old stuff, they will just be overwritten with the new mods. After that you should be all up to date and ready to play the latest games, and yes, you will be able to play them off a hard drive.

ShuggieH

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info mate. I see in the modmii options I can go for firmware 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 with 4.1 being the one recommended.

Is there any value in going for the later firmwares or should I just quick to the recommendation?

Thanks again

Shuggie

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info mate. I see in the modmii options I can go for firmware 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 with 4.1 being the one recommended.

Is there any value in going for the later firmwares or should I just quick to the recommendation?

Thanks again

Shuggie
4.1 was the last one to have anything beneficial. The others just remove softmods, block region free for modchips, brick region changed Korean Wii's, and more.

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi.
I updated my cIOS around 1.5 years ago.
Now when Kirby doesn't work, I heard I need to update cIOS.
So..Here is the question.
What cIOS can you recomend for a PAL console (And which will work with Kirby)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I updated my cIOS around 1.5 years ago.
Now when Kirby doesn't work, I heard I need to update cIOS.
So..Here is the question.
What cIOS can you recomend for a PAL console (And which will work with Kirby)
202[60]v5.1 rodries mod
222[38]v4
223[38+37]v4
224[57]v5.1 rodries mod
249[56] d2x v6
250[57] d2x v6

Use ModMii to download and install those.

Fahennessy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hear rumors of Skyward Sword having a new update on the disc. For those who have obtained a real copy of the game, did you need to update your (4.1/4.2/4.3) Wii in order to play the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn