Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
dcoop said:
Hi,

Im massively out of date with all this..and I cant really remember what the last thing I did was. I originally did the bannerbomb method of softmod..but i've definitely updated a couple of times using things off here, but it must've been well over a year or maybe even 2..

I did the sign check thing to see what i've got here..

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS249 (ver 14) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3610) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3612) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 1042) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 3091) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS30 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1288) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 772) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS20 (ver 12) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 512) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS16 (ver 257) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 257) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 10) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS12 (ver 6) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled

Means nothing to me but maybe will to others. Is there any other info I can give so people can help me figure out what to do to update further?
Run ModMii (link in my sig) and say your Wii is a virgin. Follow the guide it generates and everything will be updated.

PS: Next time you want to post a syscheck, use the guide in my signature.

gaspazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello again
When i came back home i tried to put my usb HDD to the upper usb port, but usb-loader didnt let me proceed.So back to the port that i had it yesterday(down one)and i disabled the wi-fi connection.I played sonic@mario @ the winter oly games for more than one hour....everything was smooth.....But suddenly when i pressed th "B" to go to the previous game menu it freezed again and the light @ my HDD stayed perma on.I did again the same thing, uplug and plug again the usb HDD to the wii and it continue(i went to the back menu).Now iam doing a small test,i put this one game to a usb flash(4gb) and i will try it to see if i will get any more freezes.Loader is version 7 and i use the 249 ios.I will come back to let you know what happened.If you have any further suggestions plz free to share with me.
BR

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zizer said:
ibds said:
- I know mod-mii, but don't know much about multimod manager.. can I just install it with Wad Manager instead?

yes you can

ibds said:
- To generate a wad on mod-mii i have to use IOS 36? how to know what IOS or CIOS to use?

to generate a wad on modmii no need ios
if you want install wad use cios 236

QUOTE(ibds @ Sep 23 2011, 09:29 PM)
- Is there a way to know what my wii has installed.. ?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=300279&hl=

I managed to install with multimod on IOS36.. but I will do a system check now..

Thanks

gaspazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Goodmorning:)

I put 2 games(naruto3-mario&sonic) separately @ 2x4gb usb flash sticks that i have.I did play both games for more than 3 hours totally and all went smoothly.So i have a HDD issue as it seems.
Could anyone suggest me a good new usb HDD to buy(new model ofc) around 250-320GB?

P.S Also should i have enabled the region free hack(priiloader) to be able to play NTSC games from my usb(cfg-loader) or it doesnt matter?Is there any risk to play different region games or is the same with my PAL version?
Thanks

flashingblade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have soft-modded with mod-mii and everything went great.i want to know how i now go about backing up my original wii games to the HDD?i have been using the wii back up manager program to play "other" games via my HDD

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to make a MD5checksum of my nand I made quite a few years ago cause of some game saves which I currently do not know how to transfer.

Basically I'm using a program called MD5summer and my whole 7.68 GB nand gets hashed except for 5 files:
  • FILE:shared2/sys/SYSCONF ; MD5 HASH:F:\shared2\sys\SYSCONF does not exist
  • FILE:title0000001000002\data\state.dat does not exists
  • FILE:title/00010001/4d434345/data/savedata.bin ; MD5 HASH:F:\title0010001\4d434345\data\savedata.bin does not exist
  • FILE:title/00010001/4d434345/data/nocopy/snapshot.bin ; MD5 HASH:F:\title]0010001\4d434345\data\nocopy\snapshot.bin does not exist
  • FILE:title/00010001/4d434345/data/banner.bin ; MD5 HASH:F:\title0010001\4d434345\data\banner.bin does not exists.
Is this normal for these files? I'm just trying to make sure they all stay in tact when I copy them over to other HDDs.
Thanks in advance.

Rad_Nappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I have a couple questions, please re-direct me to a different area if needed.

1. I can download any ModMii except the english version and it will work fine. The english version works all the way until after I hit "Y" (for yes) on the key board, then it says error cannot find "PATH" and I'm installing it to my desktop and only putting the location on the Desktop.

2. Since the Wii has been updated to use SDHC is it possible to mod with? One of my friends said no but that was because he didnt know the Wii 4.0 version and greater is compatible. So I just want this clarified before i go and actually use it.

-Thanks =)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the Wii itself may support SDHC not all homebrew is friendly to it. Bannerbomb does not work with SDHC but MailBomb does. So it's more of a question "which homebrew works using SDHC; since you asking about modding the answer would be "only with MailBomb; Disc Exploits + bannerbomb do not". Hope this helps
tongue.gif

Ok I have some questions now.
Using WiiMod I was able to install install IOS60 into IOS3 but the version#remains 6174; why is this? When I installed IOS60 into IOS123 the version# was set to 65535. The System Menu version# shows up as 65535 when accessing Priiloader v.07 so I know it worked; but when I dump IOS3 using WiiMod it's version# is not maxed. I figured they both were suppose to be set to 65535.

For what ever reason IOS3 gives problems installing and I had to change to IOS236 (AHBPROT did not work got ret=unkown error) and even then IOS236 wouldn't work and I had to exit the app and reload it and try again.

I'm curious as to why when I install IOS60 into IOS123 the version number is set to 65535; also when viewing Wii System Information in WiiMod it displays the Sm as v4.1a IOS123 while when I can get IOS3 installed with it's SM it displays SM4.1X IOS3?

I'm looking at this particular IOS cause it's seems to be under the radar; no homebrew recognizes it as a STUB nor does it show up for updates. If anyone can brighten up a curios mind today I would be delighted
tongue.gif

EDIT: If I install a dumped SM4.1 Running IOS3 it shows up as SM v4.1a but if I go through the whole process of selecting which IOS and version number along with SM it shows up as SM v4.1X; why the difference?

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
Using WiiMod I was able to install install IOS60 into IOS3 but the version#remains 6174; why is this? When I installed IOS60 into IOS123 the version# was set to 65535. The System Menu version# shows up as 65535 when accessing Priiloader v.07 so I know it worked; but when I dump IOS3 using WiiMod it's version# is not maxed. I figured they both were suppose to be set to 65535.

For what ever reason IOS3 gives problems installing and I had to change to IOS236 (AHBPROT did not work got ret=unkown error) and even then IOS236 wouldn't work and I had to exit the app and reload it and try again.

I'm curious as to why when I install IOS60 into IOS123 the version number is set to 65535; also when viewing Wii System Information in WiiMod it displays the Sm as v4.1a IOS123 while when I can get IOS3 installed with it's SM it displays SM4.1X IOS3?

I'm looking at this particular IOS cause it's seems to be under the radar; no homebrew recognizes it as a STUB nor does it show up for updates. If anyone can brighten up a curios mind today I would be delighted
tongue.gif

EDIT: If I install a dumped SM4.1 Running IOS3 it shows up as SM v4.1a but if I go through the whole process of selecting which IOS and version number along with SM it shows up as SM v4.1X; why the difference?
The results you are seeing for the region with 4.1 is a error of Wii Mod 2.9, Joostin has already brought it to my attention and it will be fixed in the next release. I'm not quite sure what you mean about having problems installing IOS 60 to IOS3 and it not changing the version. If you install it from the IOS menu it does work, but since there is a glitch showing IOS 3 on the IOS menu you won't see it there, but if you do and IOS Check you will see it did work in the output. If you mean while trying to install a System Menu and setting it to IOS 3, yeah right now when it can't find a usable IOS at that spot it will install one but it won't change the version of the installed IOS that's why version doesn't change to 65535, the version you are selecting when doing that is only being applied to the System Menu, but there is a glitch there so I'll see about fixing it in the next release. I hadn't really expected people would try to use IOS 3 as most people don't even know its possible to use. I'm not quite sure about some of the other errors you are mentioning but IOS 3 is a little glitchy as you have found so I'll try to work on better support for it with the next release. I'll probably send you a pm with a test build of it when I have one ready so you can help iron out the bugs before the release. I think I answered most of your questions but if I missed some we can continue this over in the Wii Mod thread.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble using FTPii to send files from a Wii game disc(retail) to my computer. It mounts the discs fine, and can display the contents. But when I send a file over to the computer, it's filled with garbage(well, it's 15 specific bytes repeating). And it's the same garbage in every file I transfer, from any game. And from any FTP client.

I have a near-launch Wii, with BootMii installed as boot2, HBC installed and using IOS58, and system menu 4.1. I'm using FTPii 0.0.22 r308 which is the latest version. I read something about FTPii needing DVDX installed for this stuff(although apparently the version of it I'm using doesn't need it), so I installed that using an old hackmii installed, but that didn't fix it.

Can anyone help? Also, if I just try to dump the whole game disc instead of specific files off it, the img file is just filled with all 00h's.

EDIT:Also, every other aspect of FTPii works fine. I can send/receive files to/from my SD card no problem. Oh, and the garbage the game files get filled with is: 01h, 0Dh, D9h, 00H, F2h, F8h, E5h, 33h, 99h, EFh, 02h, C0h, D3h, F7h, EAh. It's just those 15 bytes repeated over and over in every Game file I transfer over.

EDIT2: Also, I thought of using WiiXplorer to get specific files, but no disc option shows up in it, only SD. If I manually enter "dvd:/", it's just blank.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm having trouble using FTPii to send files from a Wii game disc(retail) to my computer. It mounts the discs fine, and can display the contents. But when I send a file over to the computer, it's filled with garbage(well, it's 15 specific bytes repeating). And it's the same garbage in every file I transfer, from any game. And from any FTP client.
We all have our different reasons for taking different paths; but woudn't it be easier to either use your USB loader to rip the game or a homebrew app like CleanRip?

I have read that ripping games over wifi is quite slow compared to the above mentioned; albeit I'm sure your just trying to do a direct copy and maybe this is the issue?

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
QUOTE said:
We all have our different reasons for taking different paths; but woudn't it be easier to either use your USB loader to rip the game or a homebrew app like CleanRip?

I have read that ripping games over wifi is quite slow compared to the above mentioned; albeit I'm sure your just trying to do a direct copy and maybe this is the issue?

Well, I'm really just trying to get specific files from certain games, I don't need the whole game. Is there any homebrew program other than FTPii or Wiixplorer that can access the filesystem of Wii games and save specific files to SD or transfer them over FTP?

Sorlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having a problem with MultiGame Iso Creator. While I was able to make two ISOs before I started having issues, it seems it won't let me make any more. See, it stops working entirely whenever I try creating a new ISO. Does anyone have a good download link to it that actually works? It seems a provided MediaFire link and the FileTrip link are the ones giving me the problems.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
windwakr said:
kylster said:
QUOTE said:

Well, I'm really just trying to get specific files from certain games, I don't need the whole game. Is there any homebrew program other than FTPii or Wiixplorer that can access the filesystem of Wii games and save specific files to SD or transfer them over FTP?
I'm not sure there is any, sorry; you could try ripping the game and converting it over to disc-ex format which is a RAW format (basicly and extracted ISO) and get your files that way; albeit I'm not sure if the files will be in the same format you desire.

Which specific files are you trying to get?

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
I'm not sure there is any, sorry; you could try ripping the game and converting it over to disc-ex format which is a RAW format (basicly and extracted ISO) and get your files that way; albeit I'm not sure if the files will be in the same format you desire.

Which specific files are you trying to get?

Meh, I decided it's not worth the effort, and I've lost interest in it. Thanks for trying to help, though.

pjmorie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, can you copy Wii game backups from one external hard drive to another, both formated as FAT32, using simple drag and drop on a computer or is it better to use a program like Wii Backup Manager?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
JoostinOnline said:
pjmorie said:
Hi all, can you copy Wii game backups from one external hard drive to another, both formated as FAT32, using simple drag and drop on a computer or is it better to use a program like Wii Backup Manager?
Use WBM for sure.
if both drive's are formatted as FAT32 and the games are already in *.wbfs format, u can copy them from one drive to another using simple drag and drog on a computer. WBM works in all scenario's though, regardless of whether transferring from ntfs to fat32, or using wbfs files or iso or cISOs or sparsed ISOs etc.

So basically, u can either either method when transferring from 1 FAT32 HDD to another, it makes no difference.

edit: WBM give's u the option to pause or stop transferring midway through the bulk transfer, so that's another advantage of WBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries