Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really is no need to update to SM4.3 cause the last improvement was on made on SM4.1: last known SM to support other region games. I would say enable Priiloader hacks: block disk updates and block online updates; alternately I would suggest using WiiMod to install a Custom SM selecting IOS and setting version#

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DaFees said:
Ok unless I am noob, I used ModMii to grab a copy of the ios70 wad and installed that, made no different. My Wii system menu still freezes after no more than 2 seconds and puts out an annoying *buzzzzzzzz* sound.

Sys check can be found in my previous post, here
You reinstalled the system menu too? If yes then something with the hardware is maybe wrong.

morrisseyshair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everybody.

I'm trying to reduce the size of my Wii game backups so I can fit more of them on my USB flash drive. I've tried WiiScrubber but whenever I choose "Scrub" or "Trim" the new .ISO is the exact same size as the original .ISO. Is the entire .ISO really all vital data or am I doing something horribly, stupidly wrong?

I've tried looking through guides and some say to extract partitions and update files but some .ISOs don't have that. I'm totally lost.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
morrisseyshair said:
Hi, everybody.

I'm trying to reduce the size of my Wii game backups so I can fit more of them on my USB flash drive. I've tried WiiScrubber but whenever I choose "Scrub" or "Trim" the new .ISO is the exact same size as the original .ISO. Is the entire .ISO really all vital data or am I doing something horribly, stupidly wrong?

I've tried looking through guides and some say to extract partitions and update files but some .ISOs don't have that. I'm totally lost.
Don't use ISO files, use WBFS files, look for wii backup manager and convert them to wbfs, this saves space and works fine in all usb loaders.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to return to cfg instead of the wii menu between games? I am tired of having to reload the wii every time I change games.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
impizkit said:
Is there a way to return to cfg instead of the wii menu between games? I am tired of having to reload the wii every time I change games.
Yes! Use my official cfg-loader forwarder (take a look in my signature) and add return_to_channel= auto to the config.txt.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
impizkit said:
Yes! Use my official cfg-loader forwarder (take a look in my signature) and add return_to_channel= auto to the config.txt.

I do use your forwarder(alternate) and thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

frd123

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, My friend Wii is Korean and is already softmodded with a older backup loader. The thing is that it is semi bricked. I think that it was region changed to USA but the firmware was not updated to a USA one. How I can take this semibrick? I have to use a disc with a newer USA firmware? Or I have to search for a Korean Disc with a newer Firmware?

Thx!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
frd123 said:
Hi, My friend Wii is Korean and is already softmodded with a older backup loader. The thing is that it is semi bricked. I think that it was region changed to USA but the firmware was not updated to a USA one. How I can take this semibrick? I have to use a disc with a newer USA firmware? Or I have to search for a Korean Disc with a newer Firmware?

Thx!
I'm guessing you are getting a 003 error. That happens because people are stupid and think it's a good idea to update past 4.1. You obviously didn't know any better, so don't feel bad about that.

If you have the 003 error, I suggest you take a look at this guide to fix your problem. Otherwise, give me more details.

Sorlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I basically installed SNEEK+DI and DML via ModMii, however my Wii is not booting with the SD card in and it's been 20 minutes. I'm wondering if I'll have to delete everything in the /data folder except the settings.txt to get it to finally get it to boot with the SD card but I don't know. In your experience, what could be the problem?

EDIT: Moving the aforementioned files did nothing, sadly. All the files appear to be in the correct place, yet it won't boot with the SD card in.

EDIT 2: Still no luck. The Wii is not emitting a signal whenever I try to boot from the SD card. Need help!

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I softmoded my Wii more than a year ago, i did it myself using a guide from GBATEMP.... last thing I remember installing was USBLoader along with Waninkoko's CIOS.. on wii menu it appears a V4.3 W

My Wii works very well, but I'm having problems with controler lags... i read that cIOSX d2x v6 solve this problem... and can be instaled with mod-mii and multimod manager...

Questions
- I know mod-mii, but don't know much about multimod manager.. can I just install it with Wad Manager instead?
- To generate a wad on mod-mii i have to use IOS 36? how to know what IOS or CIOS to use?
- Is there a way to know what my wii has installed.. ? If I install something it already has, can cause a brick? (I know I can't softmode it again from zero.. but I don't have the original games and i'm not sure it works with v4.3 W (Waninkoko's))

Thks for any help

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ibds said:
I softmoded my Wii more than a year ago, i did it myself using a guide from GBATEMP.... last thing I remember installing was USBLoader along with Waninkoko's CIOS.. on wii menu it appears a V4.3 W

My Wii works very well, but I'm having problems with controler lags... i read that cIOSX d2x v6 solve this problem... and can be instaled with mod-mii and multimod manager...

Questions
- I know mod-mii, but don't know much about multimod manager.. can I just install it with Wad Manager instead?
- To generate a wad on mod-mii i have to use IOS 36? how to know what IOS or CIOS to use?
- Is there a way to know what my wii has installed.. ? If I install something it already has, can cause a brick? (I know I can't softmode it again from zero.. but I don't have the original games and i'm not sure it works with v4.3 W (Waninkoko's))

Thks for any help

Forget.. I folowed the cIOSX d2x v6 install instructions on IOS36 and worked fine... now my controler doesn´t lag anymore...

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ibds said:

yes you can

ibds said:

to generate a wad on modmii no need ios
if you want install wad use cios 236

QUOTE(ibds @ Sep 23 2011, 09:29 PM)
- Is there a way to know what my wii has installed.. ?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=300279&hl=

gaspazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello all

After a lot of thinking, i did softmod my wii yesterday,with the excellent modmii.All went well, but i found some problems with the 3 games that i tried to play.Firstly, i have a black wii(4.3E) and that was my first mod try.I used a kingstone 2gbSD and my 160gb transcend usb HDD.SD has Fat format and usb i formatted with Fat32 tool,then i copied the specific files in each one, according with the guide(copy_to_SD/USB).So i connect my HDD with wii and i go to usb loader channel...my 3 games(mario&sonic @winter oly games - naruto shippunden 3 - scoobydoo FF) are there...i did try all of them for about 20-30mins each one.I did experience in all 3 of them that in random loading screens(between stages,@next olympic game-not at the start up game load but at the loading screens during the play)the game got stuck without to go any further.@ the last game(scooby) when it did freeze at one loading point, i tried to pull out and put in again the usb to the wii and after 3-4 secs load screen procced and i could continue to play.I also experienced the same thing when i tried to end up the games and go to the wii menu screen.When i pushed the home button and choosed reset or wii menu,it freezed again to a black screen this time(only scooby went to wii menu once i tried).I also had some problems with naruto as second player(couldnt move the player,cursor was going all the way to the right etc)but thats maybe a minor or game issue.I also read in the guide, that i could access the config of usb-loader at a specific path.....but i couldnt find any path in my wii menu to run that .exe file(yes i did copy the all the files from copy_to_usb @ the root of my HDD).
Do you think that i did something wrong?Maybe i need to fix some settings?BTW i did and all the recommended hacks with priiloader(Block Disc Updates, Region Free Wii Discs, No Copy Protected saves, Region Free Channels, Auto Press A, Block Online Updates,region free all ,something else for the health screen).
I dont know if this is the correct place to do this comment and sorry for my long post
Thank you
BR

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is not normal. Check out if your hdd got smartware, that could bring your hdd in sleep mode. If yes then google for guides how to disable it. Which USB Loader and which cIOS you have installed with modmii btw?

gaspazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you very much for your fast response.I did the download yesterday...so i figure that its the latest,here is my list:
Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:
* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS80v6944[FS-ES-NP-VP]
* cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
* cIOS222[38]-v4
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
* cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6
* cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3
* Shopping-Channel-NUS-v20
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS[E]
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7[E]
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7[E]
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS[E]
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS58-64-v6176
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
That didnt happen to every in game loading screen but randomly,also when i tried to go reset or wii menu...happened the same(2 out of 3 times).1 time as i said i pulled the usb out and in again and i could continue fine.
So you think that has something to do with my HDD and the sleep mode?
Thank you again.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
gaspazet said:
So you think that has something to do with my HDD and the sleep mode?
Yep, it sounds like it to me. The cIOS you are using is fine that can't be the problem. Which USB Loader are you booting?

gaspazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Unfortunately iam @ work right now and i cant give futher details(iam working with moding, only since yestersay and iam not very familiar with the names).Modmii download this file(USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL) and i did a mass instal with the Wad manager if i remember correctly.So a channel USB loader appeared @ the Wii menu.

p.s (Configurable USB Loader)

p.s2 I had wi-fi enabled and connected and i have done some hack-settings @ the priiloader as i mentioned above(just in case that has something to do).

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Im massively out of date with all this..and I cant really remember what the last thing I did was. I originally did the bannerbomb method of softmod..but i've definitely updated a couple of times using things off here, but it must've been well over a year or maybe even 2..

I did the sign check thing to see what i've got here..

IOS number "Trucha bug" "Flash access" "Boot2 access" "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS250 (ver 65535) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS249 (ver 14) Enabled Disabled Disabled Enabled
IOS61 (ver 4890) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS55 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS53 (ver 5149) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3610) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS37 (ver 3612) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS36 (ver 1042) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS35 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS34 (ver 3091) Enabled Disabled Disabled Disabled
IOS33 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS31 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS30 (ver 1040) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1288) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS22 (ver 772) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS20 (ver 12) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS17 (ver 512) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS16 (ver 257) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS14 (ver 257) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS13 (ver 10) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled
IOS12 (ver 6) Enabled Enabled Disabled Disabled

Means nothing to me but maybe will to others. Is there any other info I can give so people can help me figure out what to do to update further?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol