Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im trying to install the 4.1 Trucha bug but something's going on thats weird.

Im following this guide right here:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

Whenever I complete a step it dosent redirect me to HBC, instead it just freezes on scrambled mess. Ive tried everything but then i decided to shut off my wii when it showed the scrambled mess, and continued with the steps. When i got to the System update part, it didnt show up.

I even also tried using the Trucha Bug Restorer and it didnt direct me back to HBC but instead showed me some numbers.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Thorgal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thorgal said:
My Wii is 4.0E
A friend of mine softmodded it using a SD-card.

the card has these directory's:

apps, codes, images, private, wad

the root contains:
- boot.dol
- cIOS36_rev10-installer.dol
-DowngradeIOS35,dol
-installer.log
-Wadmanager1.4d.ol

the apps directory contains:
- ciosrev10istaller
- IOS_Downgrade
- usb
- usbloader
- WAD_Managerv1.4

the wad directory contains the following wads: bul3g, ciosv7, hbc, ios35, ios36, ios60patched.wad, USBL_forwarder_channel_blue and usbl_forwarder_channel_orange.

Problem:
I recently bought WiiFIT+ and Guitar Hero 5 and both games tell me to update first. This is were I dont know what to do cause I understand applying an official update can brick a softmodded Wii ?
I've been reading around on this site and found some excellent info but I'm still unsure on how to proceed.

I found this link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184057 ( 4.2 Safe firmware upgrader )
can I use that and will I then be able to play my new games as well as my backupped games using the usbloader?

any help or directions would be greatly appriciated, and yes - I consider myself an giant noob in this area
blink.gif

anyone got any ideas on this?

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii 4.0U, modchip cios 38 rev 17 and Truchabug.

1 How to turn off updates from the disc? Starfall or something better?

2 Can you hack Rock Band DLC? Where to look for it?

Thanx

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gagarin said:
Wii 4.0U, modchip cios 38 rev 17 and Truchabug.

1 How to turn off updates from the disc? Starfall or something better?
Startpatch or priiloader to block disk updates

2 Can you hack Rock Band DLC? Where to look for it?
RawkSd I think don't use it, search it's in the hacking thread

Thanx

Suiton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Suiton said:
Hello,

I accidentally installed IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad on a 4.1, is it okay to uninstall?
Ok, I uninstalled using Wad Manager 1.5, and everything is fine.

So far.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Suiton said:
Suiton said:
Hello,

I accidentally installed IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad on a 4.1, is it okay to uninstall?
Ok, I uninstalled using Wad Manager 1.5, and everything is fine.

So far.

Your extremely lucky !! You're probably not on 4.1 or 4.2, or you would have bricked your wii by pulling that stunt !
Why didn't you wait for an answer ?

andrew5368

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So i'm following this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha

Get to "Go right till you see IOS60. Now press - (minus) to install the old v6174 of this IOS."

Tell it to look on my SD Card, it can't find it (which I guess is my fault although I followed the intstructions carefully), now it says error - continute / go back / quit

What should I do?

So annoyed I was very careful!

andrew5368

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After checking, I think I've found the problem

I have IOS36-64-v3351.wad in my root directory, this is looking for IOS60-64-v6400.wad

I swear I chose the right one in NUS downloader, what's the problem?

I have just left it on the menu as I'm scared pushing anything will kill my wii
smile.gif

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so every time I turn on my Wii, there is no signal. I had just reinstalled the system menu using a WAD from NUS loader. I have BootMii, Preloader, and all that jazz, but when I turn on my wii, there's just no signal to the TV whatsoever, no black screen, no sound. Just "no signal".

D

Deleted User

I hope someone actually checks this topic, even still I don't know if my problem is very common

I recently used the safe 4.2 upgrade after that it removed my DarkWii theme so I put it back on and ever since then my wii freezes when i try to go to the Wii settings

that's the settings button when you click the wii in the bottom left corner then hit the big settings button on the right

I'm not sure if it was the 4.2 or the DarkWii+4.2 that killed it, but quit frankly I don't know how to go back :/

ros_128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, is there a way to run hdd music from a wii theme/desktop/dashboard like in the good old xbox days? I've heard of replacing themes like DarkWii... just wondering if this was possible

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ros_128 said:
I'm curious, is there a way to run hdd music from a wii theme/desktop/dashboard like in the good old xbox days? I've heard of replacing themes like DarkWii... just wondering if this was possible
If you mean that you can play your own Music while a game is running: No.
I you mean that the Systemmenu can play your own Music: No.

MPlayer-CE and GeeXboX can play your Music, and some USB-Loaders (CFG/GX/WiiFlow) can play them as Background, and that's it. Something like the Dashboard for the Wii will probably never happen. You can try to follow Freedom, but it seems quite dead.

Summary: It's the Wii. Don't expect something like that...sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg