What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
clioke said:
I will retry the TBR steps again tomrrow.

Posts merged

xflak40 said:

It's the one i used ;-)
Don't bother retrying the Trucha steps, I was only asking because you would need to do that before installing cIOS. If you've already done it then you can go right ahead to the "installing cIOS" part of the guide.

dick9876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system menu updated to 4.1U
Modded September 2009
NeoGamma R6 Backup Launcher Channel
USB loader Gx Channel
HomeBrew Channel 1.0.3
Bootmii Boot2
Cios 249 rev 14
Preloader 0.29
This wii was bought when they First came out. So it is an old one.

Problem: One of the wiis that I have modded locks up with certain games. The other wiis I modded play these games fine.

Games:
Call of duty World at war (when character gets his first gun he starts to spin around and won't stop)
Excite Truck (If you start a race it will continue to work, but you have to get past the menus at the beginning)
Barnyard (when talking to some of the other animals)

Does a system update change ALL the ISOs
Could it be that some of the ISO files are just too old? If so, which should I update?

juju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem was never solved and got buried in with other questions so I'm hoping that in posting this again maybe someone will be able to help me out:

I am trying to load backups through either USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader. I have installed ciOS38rev16, and then I have a partition of 70 GB on my external HDD (Western Digital 320 GB, My Passport External HDD). Without formatting the partition I plugged it into my Wii and went into the USB Loader GX channel and it then formatted the drive to WBFS. Afterwards, I plugged it back into my computer and used multiple WBFS Managers to put Little King's Story, Bully Scholarship Edition, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex on the partition. Once I add a game to the partition, it shows up in every WBFS manager I open my drive in. So I go back to my Wii and load up either the USB Loader GX or the Configurable USB Loader and both do not detect any games. It'll say '70 GB out of 70 GB free, 0 out of 0 games' or something like that.

I have even tried formatting the partition to FAT32 and then having a WBFS folder with the games in the .wbfs format to see if that would work and the games still do not show up in either loader. Am I missing any steps/doing anything wrong? If not, is there something else I could try to make in order to load games from my external HDD?

Andriko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
juju said:
My problem was never solved and got buried in with other questions so I'm hoping that in posting this again maybe someone will be able to help me out:

I am trying to load backups through either USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader. I have installed ciOS38rev16, and then I have a partition of 70 GB on my external HDD (Western Digital 320 GB, My Passport External HDD). Without formatting the partition I plugged it into my Wii and went into the USB Loader GX channel and it then formatted the drive to WBFS. Afterwards, I plugged it back into my computer and used multiple WBFS Managers to put Little King's Story, Bully Scholarship Edition, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex on the partition. Once I add a game to the partition, it shows up in every WBFS manager I open my drive in. So I go back to my Wii and load up either the USB Loader GX or the Configurable USB Loader and both do not detect any games. It'll say '70 GB out of 70 GB free, 0 out of 0 games' or something like that.

I have even tried formatting the partition to FAT32 and then having a WBFS folder with the games in the .wbfs format to see if that would work and the games still do not show up in either loader. Am I missing any steps/doing anything wrong? If not, is there something else I could try to make in order to load games from my external HDD?
Ha, dont use rev 16 of cIOS, use rev 14, and use Neogamma r8 beta15
Theres a problem with NeoGamma where sometimes it doesnt load the hard drive, to always load it, start up NeoGamma THEN plug in the Hdd, and select load usb. K thats pretty much it, your problem is the cIOS rev 16, rev 15 doesnt work with usb loaders either. I dont know how to uninstall ios so...have fun
smile.gif

Now for my noob question
tongue.gif
HOW DO YOU REINSTALL A SYSTEM MENU, I have preloader, so my wii didnt brick when my system menu died, although the System menu doesnt work, I ..well used to have 3.2U (I said used to cause it doesnt work anymore) My sister killed the System menu by trying to update through...gulp its hard to say >.

Smirre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a softmodded Wii (3.4E) and I'd like to update it's firmware to 4.1.

Can I update my Wii with 4.1 firmware and still have all softmod functions untouched? I don't want to go through softmod processes afterwards.

I would use New Super Mario Bros Wii DVD to update.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Andriko said:
Now for my noob question
tongue.gif
HOW DO YOU REINSTALL A SYSTEM MENU, I have preloader, so my wii didnt brick when my system menu died, although the System menu doesnt work, I ..well used to have 3.2U (I said used to cause it doesnt work anymore) My sister killed the System menu by trying to update through...gulp its hard to say >.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o