Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

SineWaveAu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
Up to even 80 factory bad blocks is considered ok. Normal is somewhere between 5-15. Also take note that the IOS version of bootmii won't really protect you from any bricks and such. Pretty much the only thing it does for you, is allow you to make that backup so that in the WORST case scenario, you do brick and can't do anything else to fix it, you can still get a hardware NAND programmer like an infectus or something and directly flash that nand.bin back to your chip.

Yep, got that from your guide, which I found most helpful, thanks!
smile.gif

I have a couple of NAND and EEPROM programmers which can do programming for 1.8V, 2.5V and 3.3V chips, I think I read somewhere the Wii chips use 1.8V. I don't think I'll do anything silly to brick the wii, but am always prepared.
smile.gif

- Adam

Doublearon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddp127 said:
Doublearon23 said:
Okay, so I am at 3.3U and I have everything installed and working (homebrew channel, backup loader, etc) I want to update to 4.0, but every time I run the waiinko (SP) loaded for 4.0, I get an error message when it tries to download the files from online. I believe it's a message 10076 or something of that manner. Can anyone help? Also, how can i check what CIOS I have installed, and can someone tell me where to get the most updated version? thanks

can you actually connect to the internet?

if you want the newest CIOS version, install the newest CIOSCORP or download waninkoko's CIOS rev14 installer

EDIT: sorry, double post

i can connect to the internet, but no matter what i try to update from online i get an error 10076 message

Doublearon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am now updated to 4.1, I have installed everything via the soft mod walk thru, and now the only problem I have is Guitar hero 5 won't work. any suggestions?

filipius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xzxero said:
congraulations, you just uninstalled your system menu, which results in a full brick.
Can a full-bricked wii play punch out? I can use homebrews (without wiimote support) and eveven play games (neogamma loader) (with wiimote OK) but cant get acess to system menu or use wiimote on HBC, is there some way to get my system menu working again?

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The Preloader "hacks.ini" seems to have a feature called "Skip disc update check". Does that mean the menu won't attempt installing new updates before inserting a new game disc? If so, does that include original games?

toymin80r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how i can remove the BootMii at startup? I always have to press 'reset' in order to go to the wii menu when i turn on the wii...

edit: nevermind... guess i gotta live with it.

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Will a soft-modded Wii be able to play imported GC games? I'm guessing it will since it can play burned GC games but I'm just making sure.

Edit
Oh, and if you need to use a back-up launcher, what's the best one?

applez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the shop channel to load on my wii anymore.
I am running 4.1e - PAL console.

I've installed various CIOS's to get the usb loader working.

I used a title updater I downloaded from wiibrew.org to update the channel, but I still have the same issue.

What happens is, I click on the channel, it loads, then it comes back to the system menu.

If anyone can offer any help that would be great

stylishjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know my problem may have been posted on one of the 300ish pages but I havent got the time to read through them all, and when I searched my problem, nothing relevant came up (maybe it was the way I worded it).

anyway

my wii:
Version 3.4e back up launcher gamma 0.3, ios249
all isos burnt on verbatim dvd-r @ 2x speed

problem:
Ive burned James Bond Quantum of solace & COD WAW (both pal) and they run fine right up until after the health & safety screens (and zapper screen for waw) where it begins to load, which from there it comes up with the "disk error please eject and read the manual etc" Some games just dont get past the health and safety screen which at that point the wii remote dies. If anyone could help me with the first problem in bold that would be great. Any information or links which can directly solve these problems?

EDIT: I did read a thread concerning waw (some one actually had the same problem with QoS & WaW) but there as no specific answer

lekens123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Does anyone know how to make work a 4.1KOR wii version ???? i can t install Hackmii, HBC, cant downgrader, can t change region, some help ?!?!?? im asking to everybody in this planet but seems that nobody knows, thx !

Kawa_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys.

Well i ALREADY have a 4.0E Wii with Installed HBC, cIOS and everything works fine. But i think i should install HackMii (=BootMii?) and/or Preloader. So will there be a problem if i install HackMii now? Will the back-up still work?

Deviyl's Guide says

QUOTE said:
For those of you that could not install BootMii as boot2, you will need a way to launch HBC if your Wii menu is bricked-- so PreLoader is a must

and

QUOTEBut for people that have to install BootMii as boot2-- if they brick their Wii, there isn't another way to get to HBC without PreLoader

So which one is right?

Inb4 - Thanks!
smileipb2.png

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an question, when I start up an game like catlevainia judgement pal I get error 2(cop with ssbb(real) not! wii sports with real and fake one I get error 1 or 2 wtf?
evrything works on gecko os but not on disk channel!

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I softmodded my Wii, installed homebrew channel and a load of programs (don't know which ones exactly anymore), and am using 3.2E. Anyway, I want to play Turtles, but I apparently need to install cIOS Rev14, but I couldn't. I imagine that I need to upgrade the Wii to the one of the firmware version 4. I hadn't upgraded yet because I didn't have a need to upgrade.

But is it safe to do so through the Wii, by just selecting update? If not, what is the best way to upgrade my firmware?

cardin

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've a boot2v3 Wii, with HBC, DVDx and BootMii IOS installed.

I want to install Preloader to be able to restore NAND backups, but I'm unsure about what installing it would entail. So I have some questions.

1. I have 4.1U installed, do I need to downgrade, patch anything, or install cIOS to install Preloader? I'm seeing a lot of 4.0 versions tutorials around for preloader, and advanced searching for "4.1 preloader" doesn't give anything.

2. Does upgrading my firmware via Nintendo's servers or via gamedisks, after installing Preloader, have any chance of bricking my Wii? Would I forever force my Wii to have to download selective IOS updates [like Waninkoko] to upgrade my firmware?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RedHero said:
I softmodded my Wii, installed homebrew channel and a load of programs (don't know which ones exactly anymore), and am using 3.2E. Anyway, I want to play Turtles, but I apparently need to install cIOS Rev14, but I couldn't. I imagine that I need to upgrade the Wii to the one of the firmware version 4. I hadn't upgraded yet because I didn't have a need to upgrade.

But is it safe to do so through the Wii, by just selecting update? If not, what is the best way to upgrade my firmware?
use waninkoko's 4.0 updater, then 4.1 updater.

found in the utilities section of guide

QUOTE(cardin @ Sep 24 2009, 08:41 PM) I've a boot2v3 Wii, with HBC, DVDx and BootMii IOS installed.

I want to install Preloader to be able to restore NAND backups, but I'm unsure about what installing it would entail. So I have some questions.

1. I have 4.1U installed, do I need to downgrade, patch anything, or install cIOS to install Preloader? I'm seeing a lot of 4.0 versions tutorials around for preloader, and advanced searching for "4.1 preloader" doesn't give anything.

2. Does upgrading my firmware via Nintendo's servers or via gamedisks, after installing Preloader, have any chance of bricking my Wii? Would I forever force my Wii to have to download selective IOS updates [like Waninkoko] to upgrade my firmware?
preloader doesnt make nand backups.
bootmii does.
preloader serves as extra brick protection by moving the system menu back to allow preloader to start up before anything so you can save your wii in case of a brick

since you have the IOS verison of bootmii, you have to go to the homebrew channel, press home and launch bootmii assuming you still have to bootmii folder on your sd card.

1] IOS 36 must be trucha patched for preloader to install.

2] yes there is a chance of brick, but mostly because of your IOS's and not preloader. yet they are chances of bricking your wii for just about doing anything.

i suggest you just follow my guide and your wii will be uber hacked.

hedmunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
RedHero said:

use waninkoko's 4.0 updater, then 4.1 updater.

found in the utilities section of guide

QUOTE(cardin @ Sep 24 2009, 08:41 PM) I've a boot2v3 Wii, with HBC, DVDx and BootMii IOS installed.

preloader doesnt make nand backups.
bootmii does.
preloader serves as extra brick protection by moving the system menu back to allow preloader to start up before anything so you can save your wii in case of a brick

since you have the IOS verison of bootmii, you have to go to the homebrew channel, press home and launch bootmii assuming you still have to bootmii folder on your sd card.

1] IOS 36 must be trucha patched for preloader to install.

2] yes there is a chance of brick, but mostly because of your IOS's and not preloader. yet they are chances of bricking your wii for just about doing anything.

i suggest you just follow my guide and your wii will be uber hacked.

i began following this guide cause i culdnt get dvdx to istall on my 4.1U wii, (it gave me an error ticket stub or something like that). Im at the point of installing dvdx and its taking forever. Is it froze? Is this normal? Can I turn off my wii and not brick it? Help!?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o