dustice Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I updated 53 and 55 but still have the same problem =(

3. 96cobraguy

96cobraguy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    ok, any suggestions on this? Ive trying to get the external hard drive for my softmodded wii to work. i bannerbombed it, and ive used several different cIOS and whatnot. I got it to work sporadically, two occasions. both times, after i exited out of the loader and went back in I got the same error msg. I keep getting that damned usb drive not found (or sometimes -1 error). I tried switching usb ports, waiting to plug it in only after the wii has fully booted, different cIOS. I also double checked the drive on my netbook and my mac. they both show it has its primary partition in wbfs with all the games. Its a 500gb Simpletech external (essentially a western digital, as that is what the computer is saying is in there). any help would be immensely appreciated.

4. applez

applez Newbie
    Newcomer

Can anyone help, please?

5. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    reinstall IOS 61 with dop-ios saying no the "sig hash check"

6. applez

applez Newbie
    Newcomer

cheers xzxero will try this later

7. dustice

dustice Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Updating to 4.1 fixed the problem for me - thanks =)

8. honeypa

honeypa GBAtemp Regular

United States

9. SethElite

SethElite Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright, I wanna get all the homebrew off my wii, fix all the IOS/cIOS patches I've applied, and just go back to having a normal wii.

Will the Factory Reset in the settings menu brick, and if not will it totally remove everything?

If it will brick or not work is there a guide im not seeing on how to make your wii like new?

10. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    You can make it like new by updating to 4.2
    But I wouldn't do that cause it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to softmod your wii again

What do you have installed
    You can remove cIOS with AnyTitleDeleter (but be careful with it)

11. Aod116

Aod116 Newbie
    Newcomer

i have just soft modded my wii following the simply guided available on the forms everything went smoothly the only problem i seem to be having is when i install wads they wont play at all when i click to play them its their say this channel isn't available or it loads to a black screen and i have to power down my wii because it becomes frozen any idea what i can do to fix this ?

12. Zalda

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

what happened to that thing where you could start .wad's file straight from your SD card?

13. Aod116

Aod116 Newbie
    Newcomer

You can start files from ur sd card without have to install them ?

14. tW34k

tW34k Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Alright, so I got a 3.2e wii with WiiKey 1.9s.

I have been gone for a good while so when I tried running some games I've got I needed to download additional IOS's to make them run properly (Wii Resort, Guitar Hero 5 etc).

So I was wondering, should I stay on the 3.2e firmware? I really like the new SD card menu on of the the newer firmwares but will I be able to run trucha signed games then?

Yeah, that it.

Thanks, Pat.

Edit: Oh, if I cannot play trucha signed games, does that mean scrubbed games will not work? And custom guitar hero games? Or aren't they trucha signed?

15. PyroJing

PyroJing Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Help me get up to speed @[email protected]

I went to Japan over the summer for a semester of study abroad, and was totally out of the Wii homebrew and hacking scene for a while.

Now I've come back and I'm totally lost. I need some serious help

I got system menu 3.2U (Had it at 3.3 and upgraded to the October 23 update, fixed it and downgraded), and am using cIOSRev7, I used the IOS36-64-v1042.wad, and I have the Backup Channel (Launcher 0.3 Gamma NTSC) installed.

I have DVDx installed and MPlayer for DVDs (I think the first one with DVD controls)

I installed the latest Homebrew Channel when I got back, haven't checked for an update on that since. Not sure though if I installed BootMii or not.

I also have Starfall installed.

I had fixed my Shop and Mii channel through the BootMii updater that was released after 3.4

All my games still work perfectly, the Backup Channel works but is simple, and I've lost access to most of my other channels.

How can I update my Shop channel to work as well as other channels I can't update through the shop channel?

I've found out about WiiSCU, and it says it updates
    * IOS16
    * IOS38
    * IOS60
    * IOS61
    * News Channel
    * Forecast Channel
    * Mii Channel
    * Photo Channel
    * Shop Channel
    Do I really need to update all those IOS's or can I just update the channels?

And I know 4.2 came out today and locks out all homebrew except for the Indiana PWNS and Smash Stack hacks. I saw a thread saying Waninkoko, who apparently left the scene while I was in Japan, might be working on an updater to 4.2 that excludes all the Nintendo patches, would this fix everything for me?

Is there a better Backup Launcher channel out there that works better than the Launcher 0.3 Gamma NTSC, that doesn't require me to set the force NTSC everytime I play a PAL region game, or can play GCN games as well so I don't have to use a separate homebrew Gamecube launcher to run those backups, or something where I can just load backups as if they were normal games through the Disc Channel?

And I've read up about cIOSCORP, what are the benefits and cons to installing this?

16. uimy

uimy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Did I do this right? I did the bannerbomb install of The Homebrew Channel, Bootmii, installed cIOS38 rev 14 then I installed CIOScorps. Before installing cIOS and CIOScorps I launched the wad manager and messed around with WiiStrobe after exiting my Wii gave me a Operating System Files are corrupted error I did a reset and the problem went away. I didn't know I should have done a nand backup beforehand can I still do one even though I'm using modified files? and would you worry about that error?

17. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Whatever you did in wad manager to give you a system menu is corrupt message should be a bit of a cause for worry and if you installed bootmii to boot2 and haven't made a NAND backup yet, do so ASAP. The NAND backup isn't something you can't do at any certain point. As long as you have a working system at the moment, you should make a NAND backup. It's essentially a system restore point. So if something goes even more wrong, you can restore it to at least this state it's in now.

18. uimy

uimy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I used xzxero's guide which should have replaced anything that got screwed right? I also made a nand backup just now. Is there anything else I can do to prevent my systems fall? When that happened wad manager wouldn't even load my wads because the folder was named wrong after telling me it couldn't load them I pressed the home button and saw the System files are corrupt messege.

19. bobdigi84

bobdigi84 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok im trying to get to firmware 4.1. How do i run the 4.0 installer? i put it on the sd card and i get nothing on the homebrew channel when i try to run it.
    also, how do i get neogamma7 to be a channel?

20. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Look through my guide in the homebrew channel section to see how to run a homebrew application through the HBC. It won't show up if you don't name it properly in the right folders.

To get a channel of NeoGamma, you need to get a wad of the channel and install it with wad manager.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,