Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

mramirm

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi All,
i have a WII with version 3.3E
i followed this procedure wii softmodding for newbies 4th edtion.
everything was good execpt running cMIOS Installer, when i click it and click load i see blank screen at the tv and i need to reboot the WII to get it started again
i've put games into a usb and it worked, i just wanna make sure everything is okay.

i really dont understand what is cMIOS installer (as i understand its sorta downloading a firmware of a ceratin version and crack it)

NOTE- My internet connection was off durning this (By off, i mean my router was offline)

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mramirm said:
Hi All,
i have a WII with version 3.3E
i followed this procedure wii softmodding for newbies 4th edtion.
everything was good execpt running cMIOS Installer, when i click it and click load i see blank screen at the tv and i need to reboot the WII to get it started again
i've put games into a usb and it worked, i just wanna make sure everything is okay.

i really dont understand what is cMIOS installer (as i understand its sorta downloading a firmware of a ceratin version and crack it)

NOTE- My internet connection was off durning this (By off, i mean my router was offline)

The cMIOS installer is for playing gamecube backups games much like a cIOS is needed for playing Wii backup games (although the cIOS has other uses on top of that).

Maverick_Hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I've read through the sticky topics but, with all this softmodding stuff, i'm kind of confused about what owners of hardmodded wii must do to safely update their firmwares...
I have a d2ckey chip installed and the last time I updated my wii was when Super Smash Bros Braws was released, I don't remember clearly, but I think I just installed the official update from the disk. That said, I'm planning to install the HBC, bootmii and all, but I don't really know if I should update with the official versions or the waninkoko's ones...

Anyone knows where to find a topic that explains how hardmod chips work?

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmods do not interfere with modchips in any way.
Also, so long as you have the latest firmware for your modchip, you are fine.
Some old modchip firmware versions would give 001 errors on some games (wiifit, ssbb for example).
Newer modchips should be completely undetectable.

Maverick_Hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just to make sure, I can update to the original fw 4.1 or whatever version that comes with metroid prime trilogy without having to bother with all the modded fw for softmoding thing?
thanks for the help ozguy ^^

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi folks looking for info on why my emulators wont work
ihave a 4.1e official updated wii withsoftmod ,i have cioscorp v3.3 installed ,i use sega genesis emulator on my 3.2 modded wii no problem , but with this 4.1e modded wii i cant it to run loading games off dvd,its the same with my snes emulator wontread dvd now , anyone know what the problem is ? i use verbatim dvd - and only thing i can think of is this new mod i used it installed dvdx and dvdxfix form cioscorp 3.3 any help would be great

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_Hunter said:
just to make sure, I can update to the original fw 4.1 or whatever version that comes with metroid prime trilogy without having to bother with all the modded fw for softmoding thing?
thanks for the help ozguy ^^

Best to NEVER use updates off of game disks. That can cause problems if you ever downgraded your Wii to an earlier version of the system menu.
It is recommended you always use the Waninkoko updates. Those updates re-enable some of the security holes that Nintendo patches.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_Hunter said:
thanks for the help again ozguy...
I just updated my wii once, when SSBB was released...I look up on how to update without wi-fi ^^

Yea if you ever downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 and then update with MPT which would have the 3.4 update it would brick you.

Just go with an official update for follow one of the guides in the stickies to use Waninkoko's updater.

You can also read through my guide which is also in the stickies to learn what all the applications used do and why you need to use them.

Maverick_Hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought my wii in the beggining of 2008, so I never had to downgrade anything...just updated once to 3.1u.
So if I understood right, If I update to the original 4.1 firmware, I'll still be able to play backups in the disk channel as I have the d2ckey installed but I'll loose the trucha bug and the ability to install wads?

Thanks for the help everyone...been away from this forum since I sold my GBA, but I gotta come back...great people and great stuff around here ^^

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truca Bug Restorer (or DopIOS) can restore the Trucha bug after you upgrade.
There are plenty of holes Ninty left in that can be used to put the Trucha bug back. LOL

jasonj uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am really sorry i am such a noob im not exactly sure what systeme versions etc my wii is but i have just softmodded a friends wii using the method used in the guide called [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup by deviyl! now i have used this guide to softmod wii's before but came up with no problems yet with this one i am
frown.gif
i have recently aquired Wii.Sports.Resort.PAL.MULTi5.PROPER.Wii-SUNSHiNE and Grand.Slam.Tennis.PAL.Wii-WiiERD but wii sports resorts just resets the wii wen trying to read the disc and GST loads up to a title flash screen and then a green bar appears along the bottom and then disappears and the the game freezes and will go no further! this has got me a lil bit stumped so any help is greatly appreciated
smile.gif

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 very small questions, for once.

Do we actually miss out on Nintendo's disc updates? I mean they include newer more up to date versions of some things on the System Menu, MIOS, News/Forecast Channel, Shop Channel, some IOS'. I mean by blocking them, which I do cuz I have a lot of mods, do I really miss out on these newer revisions of channels and system menu modifications?

Also, in case I would ever want to do GC backups (to try, and then buy), would MIOS patcher or cMIOS work on any revision of MIOS? I think the current disc updates on Metroid Prime Trilogy and The Conduit have MIOSv9 but I'm not sure. I have 4.0 and the only disc updates I have blocked are Metroid Prime Trilogy and Conduit.

Oh, third and finally. When I did StartPatch I installed the Region Free Games hack, but I forgot to install the Force Disc Region hack. Is this ok in case I ever play an out of region game? Can I just go back to StartPatch and install that one patch or would something mess up? Would I have to uninstall all my patches and then reinstall them again with the Force Disc Region update?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jasonj uk said:
i am really sorry i am such a noob im not exactly sure what systeme versions etc my wii is but i have just softmodded a friends wii using the method used in the guide called [Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup by deviyl! now i have used this guide to softmod wii's before but came up with no problems yet with this one i am
frown.gif
i have recently aquired Wii.Sports.Resort.PAL.MULTi5.PROPER.Wii-SUNSHiNE and Grand.Slam.Tennis.PAL.Wii-WiiERD but wii sports resorts just resets the wii wen trying to read the disc and GST loads up to a title flash screen and then a green bar appears along the bottom and then disappears and the the game freezes and will go no further! this has got me a lil bit stumped so any help is greatly appreciated
smile.gif

What are you using to launch your games?
check the system menu version in your settings on the top right and get back to me.
what region is your wii?
QUOTE(ayojoe @ Sep 2 2009, 07:25 PM) I have 3 very small questions, for once.

Do we actually miss out on Nintendo's disc updates? I mean they include newer more up to date versions of some things on the System Menu, MIOS, News/Forecast Channel, Shop Channel, some IOS'. I mean by blocking them, which I do cuz I have a lot of mods, do I really miss out on these newer revisions of channels and system menu modifications?

Also, in case I would ever want to do GC backups (to try, and then buy), would MIOS patcher or cMIOS work on any revision of MIOS? I think the current disc updates on Metroid Prime Trilogy and The Conduit have MIOSv9 but I'm not sure. I have 4.0 and the only disc updates I have blocked are Metroid Prime Trilogy and Conduit.

Oh, third and finally. When I did StartPatch I installed the Region Free Games hack, but I forgot to install the Force Disc Region hack. Is this ok in case I ever play an out of region game? Can I just go back to StartPatch and install that one patch or would something mess up? Would I have to uninstall all my patches and then reinstall them again with the Force Disc Region update?
/
1] miss out? what do you mean? if anything, what we do here is completing what they're missing out on.
2] For gc backups, just install cmios like you did cios.
3] i dont use startpatch, but i would assume you can just run the app and enable the hack.

jasonj uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am using neogamma R7 (rev 14) to launch the games on a pal wii and the system settings tells me it is ver 3.1E

* i seem to have got wii sports resort to work using the alernate .dol option in the config settings but im still having problems with grand slam tennis which loads upto the ea sports/grand slam tennis splash screen then the screen flashes and comes back on witha big green bar across the bottom and then flashes again, comes back on without the bar again and then refuses to load any further

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, probably a stupid question, but might as well ask it.

When burning an iso to a DVD (namely a Wii iso), does it matter if it's compressed? Also, what's the best method of burning them with ImgBurn?

I know, not necessarily a "hacking" problem, but what the hell.

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By 'compressed' I assume you mean 'scrubbed'?
Scrubbed ISOs have any system updates removed, and they are decrypted so that the blank space in the ISO can be compressed better when you use RAR, Zip, etc.
Other than not being able to install any IOS files that the game might require (such as for wiispeak, instruments, etc), it behaves exactly like the original.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:
By 'compressed' I assume you mean 'scrubbed'?
Scrubbed ISOs have any system updates removed, and they are decrypted so that the blank space in the ISO can be compressed better when you use RAR, Zip, etc.
Other than not being able to install any IOS files that the game might require (such as for wiispeak, instruments, etc), it behaves exactly like the original.

Well, they say "compressed" so I'll assume scrubbed.

I don't think it'll matter with any of the isos, though. None of them have updates involved.

Also, anyone still no the best way to burn isos on a DVD with ImgBurn?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...