Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BengalsRZ said:
Yea I definitely don't see it anywhere.

Idk what to do
frown.gif

it has to be on "Downloaded Channels" or "System Channels", there are several entries, use ATD Mod5, if you can access to it, it HAS to be on your data management (press + to check at second page or 3rd) and on ATD (same press + to check other page)

QUOTE said:
I am planning to buy a new Wii soon in the UK, and I just want to make sure if the steps that I will be using to hack it is correct.

1) Set up bannerbomb along with IOS35-64-v1040.wad You mean USING bannerbomb to install or load X app
2) Install HackMii Use the HackMii installer
3) Install cIOS rev9 r10 as better compatibility
After that, I will be able to install backup loaders
4) Install USB Loader GX
5) Install Gamecube Loader v0.2

Are they correct? Also, should I install preloader to prevent bricks? Will this setting allow me to play all wii/gamecube games, no matter what their regions are? Also if there are any incompatible games, will a modchip help me (especially on the GC games)

If my system is a LU65, then do I just follow the steps below after installing HackMii?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158171&hl=cboot2
After that I just install the USB Loader GX and Gamecube Loader v0.2?

Will this card work for gamecube saves?
link
or should I get an official 64mb card? How big exactly is that i.e. approx how many game saves.

Thanks a lot =)

Preloader only work on 3.2 or 4.0, yes if you can't use any fix to install the cIOS, use the info in that thread, and yes that card is the one for the saves of GC games...!!
smile.gif

How does one run imports from the disc channel?

You need to go to 3.2 and do the original SoftMii package, no 3.0, no 2.3.4.4.5.6.3..4.65..856.8, no no no and no, do the 1.0 or the 0.95, does are the real ones

ARC1.1_mod5 to install 3.2 region free'd
CIOScorp
Preloader

Rekis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rammoth said:
Rekis said:
So. I've got a Wii that still has 2.2e on it. I installed the HBC via Twilight Princess hack.
Now what?
What I'd like to do is install the USB loader, backup loader, wiigator, geckoos.
Do I have to install all this before I even think about getting 4.0e?
But for the love of Aztec-Raptor Jesus can somebody tell me, in an easy to understand way, how to accomplish that?
And is there a way to get the 4.0e firmware running because I'd like to use the Shop Channel?
I thank everybody who has the patience to expain that to me, thank you from the depths of my heart
smile.gif

Heya, if you read the page before this one (201) and search for my questions and Ether2802 answers, you'll have most of your questions answered
smile.gif

Thanks, so Now I got those apps up and running at least
biggrin.gif

If now somebody could point me into the right direction (like step by step
biggrin.gif
) to get my console up to 4.0 so I can a) use the shopping channel and b) play online and stuff.
Thanks
wink.gif

Devvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
I got a virgin Wii 4.0E. I did install the Homebrew Channel with bannerbomb. How do I get it to be able to do wad installations and backup loading from here on? I think virgin 4.0E cannot install wads without cIOS or something like that.

Yes you need a cIOS installed, but you can't just install it, you need to do some fix with the DVDx installer to be able to install the cIOS, search for the solutions on the threads
Could you possibly elaborate on that?
Btw, if I can install cIOS, would I get Waninkoko's newest revision?

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
kimikal27 said:
kimikal27 said:
ok, had to post this here since it's kind of a dumb question...

but is it possible to use bootmii whit the wiimote?

wow, thank you so much for alllll those answers....
you guys are great

no only gc controller
or the buttons on the wii itself

damn...
ok thanks

Posts merged

ether2802 said:
HexaUK said:
Hey all, quick question for you.
I'm trying to install a VC wad on 4.0 (updated from whatever the highest version of 3.x was to 4.0 using waninkoko's updater).
I'm using wadmanager 1.4 and the wad installs ok but it only shows up in my Wii saves and not as anything that I can launch...
I'm trying to install FF VI and I'm guessing this is going to involve some kind of downgrade... I already have preloader, bootmii (w/ nand backup) if needed.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

That game has some issue if you install it thru wad manager, I know this cause I saw many threads about this game on the Wii Hacking section, better to buy it or check the thread if some fix is needed..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Thanks a bunch! However, wont I need something to play games from other regions? What about brickblocking the games/stopping update? I read something about starfall. Do I need this too?

brickblock them or not, whatever you want, just up/downgrade to 3.2 or 4.0 and install preloader, enable the "Skip Disc Updates" hack and forget about it, the region free hacks don't work very good, better to use a launcher, or do the SoftMii package when FW 3.2 was used, that is what I have

I got a virgin Wii 4.0E. I did install the Homebrew Channel with bannerbomb. How do I get it to be able to do wad installations and backup loading from here on? I think virgin 4.0E cannot install wads without cIOS or something like that.

Yes you need a cIOS installed, but you can't just install it, you need to do some fix with the DVDx installer to be able to install the cIOS, search for the solutions on the threads

wow, thank you so much for alllll those answers....
you guys are great

I did, but as you can see I answer a lot of Q's at one time, and some answer are hidden with another ones
laugh.gif

sorry man, did not see...

Downloaderz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Preloader only work on 3.2 or 4.0, yes if you can't use any fix to install the cIOS, use the info in that thread, and yes that card is the one for the saves of GC games...!!
smile.gif

Great, thanks a lot for your help. Is there any advantages of styaing at 3.2, or upgrading to 4.0? I heard there were problems with 4.0 but I cannot remember what, and you've also been recommending to stay at 3.2? When you said cIOS r10 has better compatibility, is it better compatibility with games? Is the support for wiiware/vc the same as normal wii games?

Oh and one more thing, if I have a PAL WII and a TV that is generally NTSC but can support PAL, should I use PAL or NTSC games?

Thanks

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
i have just started using my wii and the wii shop. This may seem stupid, but is there a way to download games off the internet (Virtual Console or WiiWare) and transfer them to your SD card and play them without modding the Wii?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mikezone101 said:
i have just started using my wii and the wii shop. This may seem stupid, but is there a way to download games off the internet (Virtual Console or WiiWare) and transfer them to your SD card and play them without modding the Wii?
If you mean download from the shop, then yes
If you mean illegally download: you need to install the VC/WW with the wad manager (which needs softmods)

trunksu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've been using the old disc burning method and i just find out about bootloader which got me pretty excited. Can someone please check my steps before i dive in this.

what i currently have:
wii with a modchip with no homebrew

do i need to install homebrew channel? if so i am going to use this link
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f98/how-install-w...channel-273219/

steps 1. Install USB Loader GX 1.0 following this tutorial
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922

steps2. leave my seagate go as is at ntsc?

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 3.2E with cIOSCORP and the gamma loader installed (installed everything on the guide below).

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

My problem:

I installed cIOSCORP to play brawl backups through GeckoOS (NTSC-U) so I can enjoy Brawl+, but my issue is that some of the screen is cut off so i can see all of my health, is there anyway I can get rid of this.

I read that I can patch the video mode of the ISO but I don't want to do that in case it makes it so I can't use NTSC codes, as all the best codes are only availible in NTSC.

Any help?

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help

Wii with 3.4

I had done the twilight hack

Wiikey installed

I did the HBC upgraded and we all know that sucked
and it installed boot mii

How do I step by step pull back to an earlier version of the homebrew channel.
Do I put something on my card and run it then delete the current HBC channel

From there I need to run the CIOS upgrades so I can play the newer games

like super punchout
Golds cardio
Smash blox etc

Thank

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! New here, just looking for help with something that I just can't figure out.

I'm having a specific problem. I'm running 3.4U with gamma loader 002 fix running off of HBC. But when I load games I'm getting a black and white video and some of the picture is cut off. It's like this for trauma center new blood, wario land shake it, and sometimes zack and wiki. Sometimes zack and wiki will be in color, get to the loading screen, then won't load the game. I'm at a loss for what to do. Thanks for any help!

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Debaser0x said:
Hey! New here, just looking for help with something that I just can't figure out.

I'm having a specific problem. I'm running 3.4U with gamma loader 002 fix running off of HBC. But when I load games I'm getting a black and white video and some of the picture is cut off. It's like this for trauma center new blood, wario land shake it, and sometimes zack and wiki. Sometimes zack and wiki will be in color, get to the loading screen, then won't load the game. I'm at a loss for what to do. Thanks for any help!

You are probably playing a disk not from your region, try forcing your tv mode to this disk

Now for my question. Stupid yes, but I am curious. Does USB loader prevent updates? So if a new FW were to come out, I put it on USB loader, will it update my wii or no?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Now for my question. Stupid yes, but I am curious. Does USB loader prevent updates? So if a new FW were to come out, I put it on USB loader, will it update my wii or no?

No, none of the loaders read the update partition...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Devvar said:
Could you possibly elaborate on that?
Btw, if I can install cIOS, would I get Waninkoko's newest revision?

I really don't know how to install a cIOS on a 4.0 virgin, sorry, you need to search for a thread that can help you, something about downgrading 4.0 virgin, or, about installing cIOS on a virgin 4.0 or I don't really know, as far as I've read, you need to run the HackMii installer, and install the DVDx stub, and it will downgrade your IOS35 to an older version with the fake-signing bug, then you use Wad Manager IOS selectable to choose IOS35 and then install a cIOS in .wad format, and then if everything goes right without any kind of error on screen, then you run the cIOS36_r10 installer, that is what I have understood from reading pretty fast about the fix, I wouldn't know how to do it, cause I don't have that problem at all, sorry...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Great, thanks a lot for your help. Is there any advantages of styaing at 3.2, or upgrading to 4.0? I heard there were problems with 4.0 but I cannot remember what, and you've also been recommending to stay at 3.2? When you said cIOS r10 has better compatibility, is it better compatibility with games? Is the support for wiiware/vc the same as normal wii games?

Oh and one more thing, if I have a PAL WII and a TV that is generally NTSC but can support PAL, should I use PAL or NTSC games?

Thanks

only you can decide about 3.2 or 4.0, if you want to install thousands and thousands of channels, then you need 4.0, if not, then use 3.2, and when I said better compatibility, it is because I read Jizmo's post about the latest r13 before released, and he recomended better r9 or r10, and I really trust is that guy a lot, cIOS as nothing to do with WW/VC, only with launchers and some apps

I've been using the old disc burning method and i just find out about bootloader which got me pretty excited. Can someone please check my steps before i dive in this.

what i currently have:
wii with a modchip with no homebrew

do i need to install homebrew channel? if so i am going to use this link
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f98/how-install-w...channel-273219/

steps 1. Install USB Loader GX 1.0 following this tutorial
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149922

steps2. leave my seagate go as is at ntsc?

Why don't you install the HBC using the source of the project wiibrew.org ...???
1.You don't need to install anything, just lace the app in the apps folder and install a cIOS, guide..??
wtf.gif

2.No you need to format it as WBFS (Wii Backup File System) thru the Wii, or with several win/mac/linux tools around

grandcross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm going to try out this Wii hacking for the first time, and I just want to make sure I got everything right?

Here's what I want to do:
1. Install BootMii
2. Install WAD Manager
3. Install USB Loader
4. Run a backed up game

I haven't bought a Wii just yet, but let's say I bought a new one that had System Menu 4.0.
I'll buy this for a USB hard drive: LINK because it's confirmed to be supported here

Here are the steps I need to take:

1. I use Bannerbomb, and BootMii is installed properly (assuming everything works, and by using a compatible SD card listed here)
2. I follow this guide to install WAD Manager 1.4 and to get it to work properly
3. I follow this guide to install USB Loader
4. I use a WBFS Manager to put in an ISO onto the USB drive from my Windows computer, then I run it via the USB Loader from the Homebrew channel.

So am I correct with following these steps, or am I missing a few extra things I need to do?

...and off-topic: I noticed your Moon Patrol avatar, ether. Good game
smile.gif

super_baros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hiya, I followed the instructions you gave me and I installed IOS 38-53-55. I want to play my sims party but it's still telling me to update....=S

QUOTE said:
If you are at 3.2, install preloader or starfall and enable the hack "Skip Disc Updates", that will do the job..!!
smile.gif

Silly me. I just had to start the game using gecko from the homebrew channel. Works fine now! Thanks!

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Debaser0x said:

You are probably playing a disk not from your region, try forcing your tv mode to this disk

I tried that for trauma center new blood. It was PAL, I tried forcing PAL 50 and PAL 60 and while PAL 60 fixed where the screen was cut off it didn't fix it being in black and white. Is there something else I can try? Maybe just getting NTSC will fix it. I have Umbrella Chronicles working fine as a NTSC. But I find that my scrubbed games are doing this, is there no connection since scrubbing just makes it smaller? Maybe if I change the system from 3.4 to 3.2 and put starfall on will that make it work?

Edit: So I've got it where NTSC titles will work. But I'm still having trouble with my Trauma Center. I just don't understand why it won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s