ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Smashbro29 said:
Yeah about that, I've been there and to be honest the directions confuse the hell out of me and the topic is more or less dead so I can't get any answers.

Well then let me study some about it, and I will PM to see if we can do this thru messenger, so I can really help you, interested..??
smile.gif

darkrai1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question...Can u give me a link of wanininkos dupli remover and tell me how to use it so i can remove it......and is it gonna run via HBC and What do u mean by u cnot open your settings??

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
darkrai1009 said:
ummm wii setting....I can access wii settings......when i opened wii settings its on 3.2u.....my old firmware is also 3.2u but when i update its also on 3.2u
Then the game only installed a few IOS you didn't have (and the duplicate channels of course), You are lucky the Mario Kart has the 3.1 update, otherwise you were've got the semi-brick I told you (I forgot MK has 3.1 just till now
tongue.gif
), and hence you have a 3.2U menu, you can install Preloader without any issues, I didn't encourage to install it because I thought you still had the 3.2K SysMenu......so........INSTALL IT NOW and stop the updates, the next game that don't want to run, just search for wich IOS it ask for and install it thru Wad Manager...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
darkrai1009 said:
i have a question...Can u give me a link of wanininkos dupli remover and tell me how to use it so i can remove it......and is it gonna run via HBC and What do u mean by u can not open your settings??

forget about the Wii Settings, I didn't remember about the update MK has, and here is the Wii Duplicated Channel Remover v2, or you can use AnyTitleDeleter and delete the news and forecast channels that don't end up with the letter "E", cause that means they are not for the 3.2U menu

darkrai1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
darkrai1009 said:
i have a question...Can u give me a link of wanininkos dupli remover and tell me how to use it so i can remove it......and is it gonna run via HBC and What do u mean by u can not open your settings??

forget about the Wii Settings, I didn't remember about the update MK has, and here is the Wii Duplicated Channel Remover v2, or you can use AnyTitleDeleter and delete the news and forecast channels that don't end up with the letter "E", cause that means they are not for the 3.2U menu

how can i use the dupli channel remover ??/ will it run via HBC and the link in that thread is broken

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
darkrai1009 said:
ether2802 said:

how can i use the dupli channel remover ??/ will it run via HBC and the link in that thread is broken

You'll need to load it thru bootmii or preloader (cause it is an .elf file) but I first need to find it and upload it, cause aparently the Waninkoko's blog deleted it also, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow for me (like 10 or 11 hours from now, I sleep a lot
tongue.gif
)...!!
smile.gif

darkrai1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is duplicate channel gonna brick your wii?????will it do someyhing to your wii if not is it ok to live the duplicate channels and not to remove them

btfanusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are my newbie questions:

What are the latest IOS and CIOS versions? My system is a Japanese Wii, 3.2J, I had this cIOS installed a few months ago and Backup Loader on HBC now says I have IOS249, but I have been unable to play any of the recent release after burning them on DVDs - Punch Out, Monster Hunter G, Monster Hunter 3 Demo, EA Sports Active, etc

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
darkrai1009 said:
is duplicate channel gonna brick your wii?????will it do someyhing to your wii if not is it ok to live the duplicate channels and not to remove them

Here it is a working link to get the file in .dol format, no it wont kill your Wii, and nothing would happen if you let them there, but you'll have an error living in your SysMenu because of the duplicate channels (nothing bad tho) Download >HERE

EdgeJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm completely new to the homebrew thing. Only just installed the channel this afternoon.

I've got the CoverFlow app on my Wii, but it's not working, I think it's because I haven't got cIOS 10 installed.

How do I install that? Whenever I try doing a network installation I get a 2011 error, I've also tried install it banner bomb style, but again with the same error.

Bearing in mind that I'm on 4.0E on my Wii, and homebrew channel 1.4 if that helps.

philipcooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to get the Homebrew channel on my Wii. I have a wiikey 2 installed, I am going to follow the sticking at the topof the hacking forum. Just need to know do I have to do the bannerbomb exploit if I have a wiikey or just go to step 2 which is installed the homebrew channel ?

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well if you got the error 002, then you might need the Gamma_002fix_r2 launcher, OR to install the latest cIOS249_r10, if you are using the Gamma launcher no need to update the official IOSes, cause the launcher only uses the cIOS249...!!
smile.gif

Can any tell me where to get these? I've searched, but I can't find the latest versions.

Thanks!

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Matt Cese said:
ether2802 said:
Well if you got the error 002, then you might need the Gamma_002fix_r2 launcher, OR to install the latest cIOS249_r10, if you are using the Gamma launcher no need to update the official IOSes, cause the launcher only uses the cIOS249...!!
smile.gif

Can any tell me where to get these? I've searched, but I can't find the latest versions.

Thanks!
Gamma with 002 fix: http://rapidshare.com/files/175524245/002fix.dol
cIOS rev 9: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oomznzdznjj

EdgeJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't downgrade my 4.0E Wii!

I've tried using the DowngradeIOS35.dol already
I ran it once, nothing seemed to be happening, I just had a blank screen with two or three lines of text
I ran it again but now it's telling me that I've already run it so it won't run, and my Wii remains at 4.0E!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
philipcooper said:
I want to get the Homebrew channel on my Wii. I have a wiikey 2 installed, I am going to follow the sticking at the topof the hacking forum. Just need to know do I have to do the bannerbomb exploit if I have a wiikey or just go to step 2 which is installed the homebrew channel ?

You need an exploit to run the HBC installer, wich means bannerbomb is obligatory, unless you have another way of runing .dol files in your Wii..!!
smile.gif

QUOTEcan't downgrade my 4.0E Wii!

I've tried using the DowngradeIOS35.dol already
I ran it once, nothing seemed to be happening, I just had a blank screen with two or three lines of text
I ran it again but now it's telling me that I've already run it so it won't run, and my Wii remains at 4.0E!

Well then you have the IOS35 back to a hackeable state, now you need to use Wad Manager (the one where you can choose the IOS to be used from) and then install a cIOS in .wad format, you now you can use the Firmware and IOS downgraders...!!
smile.gif

EdgeJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry you're going to have to explain that to me slowly
wacko.gif
lol
If it helps, I've been given all of this stuff on my SD card:

· BannerBomb
· LoadMII *new
· DowngradeIOS35 *new
· IOS35.wad *new
· WAD Batch Installer
· Homebrew Channel v1.0.1
· Homebrew Browser v0.3.1 *updated
· WAD Manager 1.4
· Wii Backup Launcher (Autoboot Gamma channel Wii-ish style V.2 002 FIX by NeoRame)
· Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2 channel - Donkhe style
· SD/USB Loader Channel V1.5 *new
· cIOS36 rev10 Installer
· cMIOS rev3 Installer
· IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
· cIOS249.wad (rev 7)
· IOS36-64-v1042.wad
· RVL-mios-v8.wad
· Guide for Dummies *updated

So what do I need to do with these, bearing in mind all I've been doing is following this guide by the letter (http://www.wiiguide.co.cc/), so like I said you'll have to spell it out for me really really slowly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o