Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is v4.0U I have HBC installed and I have 2 folders on my sd card apps and wad, I have usb loader v.1.5 and wad manager v1.4 in the apps folder, I can load my usb hd using usb loader with no problems and play my backup games.

Question1: Whats the best usb loader I can use I have seen so many?
Question2: Whats brick protection and what app should I use for it?
Question3: Is there anything else I need to protect my system from myself, lol?

Thanks for this Noob Section...

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ksonic26 said:
My Wii is v4.0U I have HBC installed and I have 2 folders on my sd card apps and wad, I have usb loader v.1.5 and wad manager v1.4 in the apps folder, I can load my usb hd using usb loader with no problems and play my backup games.

Question1: Whats the best usb loader I can use I have seen so many?
USB Iso Loader GUI by dimok,nIxxx,cyrex et al (in my opinion)

ksonic26 said:
Question2: Whats brick protection and what app should I use for it?
It helps you save your wii, if you've made some serious system changes, and they failed so your Wii won't boot anymore. (Removing system menu IOS, installing faulty channels etc.)
I'd say preloader is your best chance.
smile.gif

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader

But, if you have system menu 3.2, and twylight hack installed then Starfall is a good option too. Make sure to enable the
"Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller"
and
"Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check" hacks.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Starfall

QUOTE(ksonic26 @ May 11 2009, 06:49 AM)
Question3: Is there anything else I need to protect my system from myself, lol?

Do some serious research before you do anything.
wink.gif

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to tell what ciso's are installed on your system? and is there a place that lists what certain ones are from or do? I was trying to compile a list of what i have installed.

Spartan1841

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with WAD Manager. For some reason it doesn't appear in the homebrew channel(I tried with 1.3 and 1.4). I think I have it in the correct folder since all of my apps appear, except for that one...

Any suggestions? Just in case my Wii is 3.3U

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spartan1841 said:
I have a problem with WAD Manager. For some reason it doesn't appear in the homebrew channel(I tried with 1.3 and 1.4). I think I have it in the correct folder since all of my apps appear, except for that one...

Any suggestions? Just in case my Wii is 3.3U

Is it named Boot.dol?

Furter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
Hope someone can help me,i have used this guide here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 to upgrade to 4.0 i have got the preloader installed.I had HBC and a back up loader installed as channels and i still have them,
My problem is when i start HBC it does not seem to see my apps folder on my sd card even thou it did before ( as i would not have been able to follow the guide)

Any ideas why this is please?

p.s have formatted the card again and replaced files but still no joy

Thanks in advance

Furter

jinqui242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SherlockHolmeboy said:
I have a System menu 4.0E I installed via Waninkoko's Firmware Upgrader. Would I be able to safely downgrade my Wii's firmware to 3.3E using Firmware Downgrader 1.11? Also, will this screw up any cIOS I already have installed?

I think if you followed the steps in this guide, you should be fine. I had a 3.4U LU64 (hackable - lower serial), installed homebrew, downgraded to 3.2U, made sure I had all of the right CIOSes, then upgraded with Waninko's 4.0 installer. So far everything works, but I haven't felt a need to downgrade.

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LxTrix said:
is there a way to tell what ciso's are installed on your system? and is there a place that lists what certain ones are from or do? I was trying to compile a list of what i have installed.
You could use this
or the any title deleter (but in that case don't delete something!)

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
is there a way to transfer files to and from the sd card while it is still in the wii
i plan on gluing the little flap shut
my kids keep talking it out and putting it in the cd drive.
iv had to take the thing apart 3 times already to get it out

DJMOJO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i have Ultimate USB Loader v7 Final installed and i was wondering what directory i have to put the ocarina files so that i can use them when booting a game off usb?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jsjar said:
is there a way to transfer files to and from the sd card while it is still in the wii
i plan on gluing the little flap shut
my kids keep talking it out and putting it in the cd drive.
iv had to take the thing apart 3 times already to get it out

yes, ftpii
it will run a ftp server on wii, which you can access using a computer

Posts merged

QUOTE(DJMOJO @ May 11 2009, 06:18 PM) hey guys i have Ultimate USB Loader v7 Final installed and i was wondering what directory i have to put the ocarina files so that i can use them when booting a game off usb?

most ocarina applications look for the codes in \codes\
so put the files there

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to take my wii back to the way it was factory 4.0U, I had everything working fine then someone suggested I install preloader which I did and now when I bootup the wii it just shows some scammbled words on the screen and thats it, any suggestions?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
afif95 said:
Time for a few noob questions by me
smile.gif

1)Okay, so bootmii will come and install itself as what? A boot2, IOS or System Menu? My Wii has the non-vulnerable boot1 so............
-----------------------------
2)Alrighty, my friend has a semi-brick, and he has not setup any WiFi settings. He has not installed any cIOS and god knows he has what firmware. What should I do in order to:

i) Fix the semi-brick
ii)Install a cIOS
iii)Get him to 4.0U
iv)Install Preloader

All these has to be done offline-way..... so............................. any help?
----------------------------
3)Can non-cIOS'd 4.0 Wii install a cIOS?
1. http://hackmii.com/2009/02/bootmii-and-the-new-boot1/
2. We need more info, e.g what firmware he is on, is the trucha bug enabled etc.
3. If they have the homebrew channel installed otherwise use bannerbomb to load wadmanager and then install an hbc wad(Gbatemp download area)
NOTE: You may need to install a cios first or trucha patch ios 16.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ksonic26 said:
Is there a way to take my wii back to the way it was factory 4.0U, I had everything working fine then someone suggested I install preloader which I did and now when I bootup the wii it just shows some scammbled words on the screen and thats it, any suggestions?

I had that too after installing preloader. The setting for the system menu IOS turned out to be wrong.
Hold reset when powering on to access the preloader menu. Then go to settings and change the IOS.
I think it has to be 60, not sure though. So just try some different settings

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
ksonic26 said:

I had that too after installing preloader. The setting for the system menu IOS turned out to be wrong.
Hold reset when powering on to access the preloader menu. Then go to settings and change the IOS.
I think it has to be 60, not sure though. So just try some different settings

Thanks for the help, is there a way to uninstall it all together?

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Yes. Reinstalling the system menu will do that. You can do that with a system menu wad using preloader for example.

Do you know where I would get one for 4.0U? Thanks for the help, I just want to make it like it was when I purchased it...

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a virgin 3.4WII, I want to get USB Loader, but I don't have Twilight Princess. I do have SSBB though, but I don't think any mod works on that yet right?

Is there a way to get HBC and usbloader in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1