Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay...

1st: I have 3.3U. Should I update firmware? I've heard something about Wanikoko Updater?

No; stay at 3.3. If you update to 3.4 or 4.0 you might lose functionality.

QUOTE2nd: Backup Launcher Gamma (with #002 fix) is giving me the error anyway. I'm attempting to run a Japanese Backup (with Region Free toggled "Yes" on Rebooter options if that's important.) I'm running off cIOS installer from v7 (need update?)

Try updating to rev8 or rev9. You may get some compatibility problems with rev10, but it should still be working with rev7 regardless. Did you properly install the 002 fix?

What is the game you're trying to run?

Link5084 said:
What does 1:1 mean for compatibility of Wii backups for the Backup Launcher?

1:1 just means a perfect raw copy; not multidisked or anything. Just burn the image at 4x or whatever your recommended DVD speed is.

I have a question myself regarding the Gamecube Backup Launcher:

I'm running on a 3.3 NTSC Wii, and my Wii backup launchers have been working perfectly for forever now. I'm currently using cIOS249 with IOS36, and have revisions 8 and 9 installed.

However, the Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2 isn't working for me. I installed the MIOS needed to run the launcher, inserted a GC backup I burned onto a Sony DVD-R disc, and it seemed to be working fine until it prompted me to pick what region I wanted; the screen that says "Press X for PAL, press Y for NTSC", etc.

For some reason it's not detecting my GC controller or something, because the launcher is just sitting there doing nothing no matter what button I press. Is this a MIOS problem, or a controller problem? I've reinstalled the MIOS several times (one time using the Wii Backup Launcher support and one time without it), and I've even tried switching out controllers but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Update: after reinstalling cMIOS8 and MIOS rev3, now the launcher loads and asks me to put in my game. I pop the backup in, and it gives me a "Failed to read DVD 263". If I try to launch it with the game already in, it just freezes without asking for input and the screen gets all screwy and displaced and whatnot.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? Help would be greatly appreciated.

eonone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Ive got a quick question. Im currently on 3.2E firmware with the HBC installed.

Basically all I want to do is to be able to install VC and WiiWARE games to an SD card instead of the system memory as i run out too easily.

Is this possible and how do I go about doing this?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
eonone said:
Hi

Ive got a quick question. Im currently on 3.2E firmware with the HBC installed.

Basically all I want to do is to be able to install VC and WiiWARE games to an SD card instead of the system memory as i run out too easily.

Is this possible and how do I go about doing this?

You can't install games to an SD card, you can put them on it but your Wii cannot run them from the SD card.
You will have to move them over to your Wii Memory and then you can play them.

You need to install 4.0 for that.
Look for tutorials in the forums.

eonone

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for reply. If I dont want to upgrade to 4.0 can I use USB Loader and a USB Hard Drive to play VC/WiiWARE games from or does this only work with FULL retail disks?

Wiibox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!
I'm not really a Noob but still i can't find GC Backuploader guide, I have used search function.
So: Is there any GC Backuploader install guide?
My wii is PAL v3.3 and i have hbc installed and some other stuff.
Thx!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
eonone said:
Thanks for reply. If I dont want to upgrade to 4.0 can I use USB Loader and a USB Hard Drive to play VC/WiiWARE games from or does this only work with FULL retail disks?

That only works with full retail disks.
You'll have to install 4.0.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey Ravn said:
I have to questions. If you'd be so kind as to answer them, I'll be very grateful.

1. I have a certain app (DVD Ejector) that I'd like to transform into a channel for easier access. Right now, I have to boot the .dol via HBC, and it's a bit cumbersome given its function. I'd like a channel that's only a click away in the main menu, but I don't know how to transform said dol into a wad...

2. I have my Wii on 4.0 after following the "Ultimate 4.0 Guide". I have installed Preloader 2.9 with the latest hacks and the CIOSCORP wads. I can boot PAL games just fine in the Disc Channel, but NTSC games are not recognized, even though I installed the "region free Wii games" hack in Preloader. Anything I can do to solve this?

Can I get an answer for these questions? My post was kinda "buried" when the site went offline for almost a day recently.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
e2razor said:
Hi!
I'm not really a Noob but still i can't find GC Backuploader guide, I have used search function.
So: Is there any GC Backuploader install guide?
My wii is PAL v3.3 and i have hbc installed and some other stuff.
Thx!

I haven't found a tutorial, but this should give you loads of information about it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134170.

Joey Ravn said:
QUOTE(Joey Ravn @ May 7 2009, 12:07 PM) I have to questions. If you'd be so kind as to answer them, I'll be very grateful.

1. I have a certain app (DVD Ejector) that I'd like to transform into a channel for easier access. Right now, I have to boot the .dol via HBC, and it's a bit cumbersome given its function. I'd like a channel that's only a click away in the main menu, but I don't know how to transform said dol into a wad...

2. I have my Wii on 4.0 after following the "Ultimate 4.0 Guide". I have installed Preloader 2.9 with the latest hacks and the CIOSCORP wads. I can boot PAL games just fine in the Disc Channel, but NTSC games are not recognized, even though I installed the "region free Wii games" hack in Preloader. Anything I can do to solve this?

Can I get an answer for these questions? My post was kinda "buried" when the site went offline for almost a day recently.

For question 1, look up Wadder.

Question 2, if you want to play region free games, you should think about installing Gecko OS, that always works.

D

Deleted User

Joey Ravn said:
Joey Ravn said:
I have to questions. If you'd be so kind as to answer them, I'll be very grateful.

1. Use Wadder
smile.gif

2. Hmm......... wait for Softmii 3.0 I guess...

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea what my GCBL problem is?

QUOTE said:

I'm running on a 3.3 NTSC Wii, and my Wii backup launchers have been working perfectly for forever now. I'm currently using cIOS249 with IOS36, and have revisions 8 and 9 installed.

However, the Gamecube Backup Launcher 0.2 isn't working for me. I installed the MIOS needed to run the launcher, inserted a GC backup I burned onto a Sony DVD-R disc, and it seemed to be working fine until it prompted me to pick what region I wanted; the screen that says "Press X for PAL, press Y for NTSC", etc.

For some reason it's not detecting my GC controller or something, because the launcher is just sitting there doing nothing no matter what button I press. Is this a MIOS problem, or a controller problem? I've reinstalled the MIOS several times (one time using the Wii Backup Launcher support and one time without it), and I've even tried switching out controllers but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

eonone

Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
eonone said:

Alright cheers m8, one last question. Is it worth me upgrading to 4? Would I lose any functionality from 3.2E?

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eonone said:
Satangel said:
eonone said:

Alright cheers m8, one last question. Is it worth me upgrading to 4? Would I lose any functionality from 3.2E?

If you don't already have HBC installed then it's not recommended because 4.0 won't allow you to install homebrew. So if you ever need to reinstall or something you're stuck until they come out with some new exploits.

The only advantage to upgrading to 4.0 would be being able to use the shop channel, but who uses that anyway?
wink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i.heart.piracy said:
eonone said:
Satangel said:
eonone said:

If you don't already have HBC installed then it's not recommended because 4.0 won't allow you to install homebrew. So if you ever need to reinstall or something you're stuck until they come out with some new exploits.

The only advantage to upgrading to 4.0 would be being able to use the shop channel, but who uses that anyway?
wink.gif
Don't forget loading VC/WW from SD (or at least thats what nintendo wants you to believe
rolleyes.gif
)
Anyways, if you have the HBC and update using the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide on this board you should be fine (don't forget to install cIOSr9/10 before using it)
oh and don't forget to install DVDx if you need it, as it wont install on 4.0

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was asked to mod some of my friends Wii's. The last time I was into this kind of stuff was like half a year ago. I remember that 3.2 was the safest system version but what is it now?

I know how to install Homebrew channel etc. But should I install ( cIOS and softchip) or (CIOSCORP) or (SOFTMII)

What is the best?

thanks

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
macgamer said:
I have 4.0, is there any way to load discs from USB?

If you install the USB ISO loader yes.
You can do that if you have the HBC on your Wii.

QUOTE(lourens @ May 9 2009, 05:59 PM) I was asked to mod some of my friends Wii's. The last time I was into this kind of stuff was like half a year ago. I remember that 3.2 was the safest system version but what is it now?

I know how to install Homebrew channel etc. But should I install ( cIOS and softchip) or (CIOSCORP) or (SOFTMII)

What is the best?

thanks

In my opinion, 3.2 is still the best and safest version.
You should install the HBC and then the USB ISO loader if he has an external HD. Very easy loader.
If he doesn't have an external HD, check out this topic:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
For question 1, look up Wadder.

Question 2, if you want to play region free games, you should think about installing Gecko OS, that always works.

1. Will do, thanks.

2. The thing is, I want region free Disk Channel games. I can boot NTSC games with the Backup Launche, but, AFAIK, Gecko OS doesn't allow me to boot them through the actual Disk Channel.

Stevk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are just so many tutorials and new random things I don't really know about.

Basically I have a PAL Wii which I downgraded to 3.2 a while ago. I have the Homebrew Channel installed along with Starfall. I have been using the Bootloader Gamma... It is working fine but I am interested in upgrading now so I can use the USB loader...

I am assuming I need to upgrade my Wii safely to 4.0 and then install rev 10 of that cios, or something along those lines. However I just can find a decent tutorial and I am little rusty remembering how to do all this.

Anyone care to point me to the best and most current tutorial I should be looking at? Preferably an all in one.

Also I am totally clueless about the SD file structure, folders and that, for the Homebrew channel. I can't remember for the life of me. I'd love to have a RAR I could just extract to my SD card so it is set up and ready to go along with a few instructions as to what files to use when. Any chance of that?

Thanks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stevk said:
There are just so many tutorials and new random things I don't really know about.

Basically I have a PAL Wii which I downgraded to 3.2 a while ago. I have the Homebrew Channel installed along with Starfall. I have been using the Bootloader Gamma... It is working fine but I am interested in upgrading now so I can use the USB loader...

I am assuming I need to upgrade my Wii safely to 4.0 and then install rev 10 of that cios, or something along those lines. However I just can find a decent tutorial and I am little rusty remembering how to do all this.

Anyone care to point me to the best and most current tutorial I should be looking at? Preferably an all in one.

Also I am totally clueless about the SD file structure, folders and that, for the Homebrew channel. I can't remember for the life of me. I'd love to have a RAR I could just extract to my SD card so it is set up and ready to go along with a few instructions as to what files to use when. Any chance of that?

Thanks

You can keep 3.2. All you need to do is to install cios rev10, you can do that via homebrew channel.
Get the installer from waninkoko's site and put it as boot.dol in \apps\iosinstaller\ on your sd card.

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't anybody know what's wrong with this?

QUOTE said:

This should be really simple, but for some reason the GCBL isn't working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN