Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
Angelus3K said:
teonintyfive said:
3.2E wii...
Do I need to update to 4.0 before installing usb loader?

Nope 3.2E is fine, just install Rev 9.
So, I throw the IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root and run waninkoko's Rev9 installer and then the loader?

cool

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
teonintyfive said:
3.2E wii...
Do I need to update to 4.0 before installing usb loader?

Certainly not! What is everybody so crazy about 4.0? I don't get it. If you update to 4.0 before installing any cIOS(the one for the usb loader, rev9 for example) you kill your option to install the usb loader yourself.

skweezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whats the difference between softmii, preloader and starfall ?? what is most recommended ?

and

i have a pal wii, and have usb launcher 1.1. If i were to get a ntsc game:

would i need to patch it ?

would i need to remove the update from it ? How do i know if it contains a update ? with what software do i remove the update ?

will wii scrbbed games work with usb loader ?

collectedsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Its great that this thread exists..hopefully I'll get a reply..

I am wondering if I need to downgrade the system menu from 3.4U to 3.2U. I'm getting a new Wii which will definitely have a higher than 3.2 system. So, can I run homebrew, softmod the system and play all games that run on 3.2 if I use 3.4?

I've heard that 3.4U updates automatically which can brick the wii. If this is true then isn't there a way around this? I basically dont want to downgrade to 3.2 and am asking if I should.

What do the experts think?

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got USB Loader 1.1 installed as a channel and I am slowly going through the process of adding Disks to a USB Harddrive.

There are several tools now that allow you to add the ISO's direct from your computer (WBFS for example)

Noob questions for someone who has used one of these PC tools. When you transfer the files to the harddrive from your PC do they get 'shrunk' in the same way that they do when added from the Wii CD drive? Or do you need to use WiiScrubber on them first and then transfer them?

Thanks

Tolax

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I have installed Preloader 0.29 for system menu 4.0U with CIOScorp (lulz) through a tutorial. Everything's working fine, but Preloader keeps appearing before the system menu. I know it's supposed to do this, but on version 3.2U, I had a setting that kept Preloader present if the reset button was held.
My settings are Autoboot: Systemmenu, Return: Systemmenu. Still, it brings me to Preloader 0.29 when starting up my Wii. Any way I can fix this?

shdwdragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried over and over again to get cios249r7.wad installed on my NTSC-U wii with system menu version 3.2U. I am going the softmii route but the wad just won't install. I have installed ios16.wad with wad manager and I am using custom wad manager cios16 to install cios249r7 but i get error! (ret -1035) everytime. What is this error and how can i get softmii installed? I'm a total n00b and I have been trying this for so long I am just pissed off. I can't even go for the Gamma loader 0.3 route because i get the same error when I try to install ciosrev7.wad I really am just asking if anyone else has had this problem and if they have what did they do to fix it. I have had my wii since 2006 and if I update I will get system menu version 4.0U and I don't want to upgrade and never be able to hack my Wii. I just feel like my Wii is unhackable
frown.gif

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone post the most recent info on playing Gamecube backups on the wii? I've searched but I get a bunch of year old stuff. I'm looking for the most up to date methods so i can play rare or games i missed out on.

Like when I bought Geist from I forget which store that was closing down and had a bunch of stuff on sale and when I came home they forgot to put the disc inside. Bastards. They were closed down the next day and there was nothing I could do about it

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to know the difference between PreLoader and the new StartPatch 4.0? Do they both essentially do the same thing? Try to prevent bricking?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RecklessReaperr said:
How can I down grade from 4.0 if I have no cIOS installed and can't install any cIOS or WADs?
You can't

yet.

Posts merged

QUOTE(BBking83 @ Apr 2 2009, 02:16 AM) I'd like to know the difference between PreLoader and the new StartPatch 4.0? Do they both essentially do the same thing? Try to prevent bricking?
Id like to know as well.

I don't have either one installed but i want some form of protection just incase i install a bad/fake wad file that are going around and it bricks my wii.

outlawpika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Ive been searching for about 4 hours now for an answer......
but how do you compress an image of Smash Bros Brawl with Wii scrubber small enough to fit on a DVD single layer?
im starting to see scratches on my disk and i have an obsession with the game...
im running the latest homebrew channel...
i used waninkoko iso dumper... got the ISO over wifi...
i tried scrubbing.... but than i figured out that thats only good for compressing it for later use...
tried trimming, only made like a gig less....
a video i watched suggested to remove the videos but i have yet to find a way to do so.....

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You can use WiiScrubber to remove (but keep one) videos from Subspace Emissary. On that adventure mode, everytime you get to a cutscene, the same video plays. But I'm sorry, can't help you with that one, I don't know how to remove the other videos. :/

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pakistexican88x said:
Is there a way to update the Wii Shop Channel without using the recent System Update?
I got the new wii shop channel and i used the offical 4.0 update from nintendo.I still have all my homebrew,backup launcher channel,usb loader,sd loading of legit and non legit wads.

The guide i used to update was this one.
I was previously on 3.2

Method 1: Updates all IOS files to newest. (NON-TRUCHA see note 1)(Works on all region Wii's)

Put the contents of the 4.0hacktools.rar file on the sd card.

Open Homebrew Channel and run IOS60 installer, when it boots it will ask the following:

"do you want to download and install IOS61?" SAY NO PRESS B (because it's done later anyway)
"do you want to download and install IOS60?" SAY YES PRESS A
"do you want to patch IOS60?" SAY YES PRESS A

After it's installed IOS60 it'll ask:

"do you want to download and install the newest shop channel?" SAY NO PRESS B. (because it's done later anyway)

Restart Wii.

You are done simply connect to the internet by doing a connection test and download 4.0 update.

NOTE1: If you wish to have trucha back after this, run IOSdowngrader(notCIOSdowngrader) using the HomeBrew Channel

I didnt post the link to this guide because it hosts some of the files needed and im not sure if its against forum rules or not.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Its great that this thread exists..hopefully I'll get a reply..

I am wondering if I need to downgrade the system menu from 3.4U to 3.2U. I'm getting a new Wii which will definitely have a higher than 3.2 system. So, can I run homebrew, softmod the system and play all games that run on 3.2 if I use 3.4?

I've heard that 3.4U updates automatically which can brick the wii. If this is true then isn't there a way around this? I basically dont want to downgrade to 3.2 and am asking if I should.

What do the experts think?

3.2 is the best firmware to have and if your wii comes with 3.4 then i would simply downgrade it to 3.2 , though 4.0 is out now and comes with nice new features such as sdhc support and running wiiware/vc games from sd.

If you do go the 3.2 rout then install starfall you can avaid forced or game updates altogether and has support to bring back your wii if it ever did get bricked.

I started on 3.4 and everything worked ok from what i could tell but 3.2 has been out ages and everything is known about it and almost all homebrew/installers and so on work on it.

paul

EDIT: Wow noobs paradise 100 pages long now ,shame its mostly questions been asked

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GameGeek said:
Are ALL Banner Bricks recoverable as long as I have a mod chip and the Twilight Hack installed, and a autoboot TP disc?
As long as you can access the twilight hack, you can recover from banner brick by un-installing the wad that has the broken banner
(you use the twilight hack to run the wad manager)
Other options are starfalls recovery menu (Twilight princess needed) or preloader (no TP needed)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==