Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

AndyCandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most likely a bad rip. The games u are having issues with don't have any kind of extra special security compared to the games you do say are working. And your syscheck looks decent, no real issues there

Okay, I’ve been getting my games from a emulation site where they post all the wbfs files. Is there anything I’m doing wrong with this?

AndyCandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most likely a bad rip. The games u are having issues with don't have any kind of extra special security compared to the games you do say are working. And your syscheck looks decent, no real issues there

Okay. SO i got my games from an emulation site which posts wbfs files. Am i doing anything wrong here?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

He may need to either scrub them or use the option for the hacked Wii to ignore updates?

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. SO i got my games from an emulation site which posts wbfs files. Am i doing anything wrong here?

Are they in NKIT format, as in .nkit.gcz? I have had these types of files myself and in most cases they need to be converted before use because most USB loaders (if any) will not recognize and play a NKIT archived Wii game.

If so you'll need to use NKIT to convert them ISO format. You can run the ISO in on your Wii or you can use Wii Backup Manager to scrub it into a smaller file, which is what I do.

All my Wii's are scrubbed, but all my GameCubes are full ISO.

EDIT: Never mind I missed the part about them being in .wbfs format.

Last edited by ca032769,

CXLTGXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, there I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this so apologies in advance.

Trying to convert my .nkit.iso files back to .iso files on Mac (Big Sur) prior to changing them to .rvz in Dolphin as I heard that would make the files more stable. Tried Reddit but no joy.

I've read the best way to do this is by downloading Nkit 1.4 and running mono. I have both but here's where I get stuck. I'm not sure where I'm meant to be putting my nkit.iso files. Also although I can get the terminal to see mono I'm unsure of the commands to get it to do the conversion. I'm aware that I'm meant to point it at the ConvertToISO.exe, but that's about it. I'm a bit slow when it comes to these things so if anyone has tried this on mac and could give me a step by step rundown or has an alternative, maybe a more Mac-friendly way to do it that would be much appreciated!

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, there I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this so apologies in advance.

Trying to convert my .nkit.iso files back to .iso files on Mac (Big Sur) prior to changing them to .rvz in Dolphin as I heard that would make the files more stable. Tried Reddit but no joy.

I've read the best way to do this is by downloading Nkit 1.4 and running mono. I have both but here's where I get stuck. I'm not sure where I'm meant to be putting my nkit.iso files. Also although I can get the terminal to see mono I'm unsure of the commands to get it to do the conversion. I'm aware that I'm meant to point it at the ConvertToISO.exe, but that's about it. I'm a bit slow when it comes to these things so if anyone has tried this on mac and could give me a step by step rundown or has an alternative, maybe a more Mac-friendly way to do it that would be much appreciated!

While I do not have a MAC, all I do is drag the nkit file (or multiple files to do a batch operation) onto the ConvertToISO.exe and it automatically opens up and starts the conversion.

Then when completed I find my converted ISO files under NKit_1.4/Processed/Wii_MatchFail. After that I use Wii Backup Manager to scrub the new ISO file(s).

Hope this helps, let me know if it works for you.

Last edited by ca032769,

CXLTGXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I do not have a MAC, all I do is drag the nkit file (or multiple files to do a batch operation) onto the ConvertToISO.exe and it automatically opens up and starts the conversion.

Then when completed I find my converted ISO files under NKit_1.4/Processed/Wii_MatchFail. After that I use Wii Backup Manager to scrub the new ISO file(s).

Hope this helps, let me know if it works for you.

Thanks for the effort mate. Unfortunately, it isn't that straight forward on Mac. It looks like I need to run some commands via mono on a terminal to even interact with nkit. Might try to use crossover and see if I can open it that way. I'll keep plugging away, appreciated the help.

Reactions: ca032769

Silfolion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, this is my first post here
I got wii console with old system 3.3U and already soft modded with homebrew channel 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18
This is my first time hack wii, I plan to update the soft mod or system so I can access new feature like access backup games through SD card

I try to do syscheck to my Wii but somehow the app not show up in homebrew channel, I put syscheck file in folder "apps" in my SD card (FAT 32, 4GB micro sd card with adapter)
I also try put the file in thumb drive (FAT 32, 8GB) but the syscheck app still not show up in homebrew channel

How I proceed with this situation ?
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-24 at 16.14.19.jpeg

Reactions: Alexander1970

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Do other apps show up in your HBC? You should have something like SD:/apps/SyscheckHDE/boot.dol (or fat32 usb)

If you have both sd and usb connected at the same time, press 1 while in the HBC to select which device to view

Assuming you generate a syscheck report, you can drag and drop this onto modmii.exe and it will analyze it and will generate a custom guide for you to follow to get you up to date.

Alternatively, you can use Modmii's main wizard without requiring a Syscheck, tell it your wii is a virgin (even though it isn't) and proceed with the guide. Repeating steps is fine if your encounter something that seems a bit redundant, but skipping steps could be problematic depending on what you skip, so best to follow the guide completely

Silfolion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Do other apps show up in your HBC? You should have something like SD:/apps/SyscheckHDE/boot.dol (or fat32 usb)

If you have both sd and usb connected at the same time, press 1 while in the HBC to select which device to view

Assuming you generate a syscheck report, you can drag and drop this onto modmii.exe and it will analyze it and will generate a custom guide for you to follow to get you up to date.

Alternatively, you can use Modmii's main wizard without requiring a Syscheck, tell it your wii is a virgin (even though it isn't) and proceed with the guide. Repeating steps is fine if your encounter something that seems a bit redundant, but skipping steps could be problematic depending on what you skip, so best to follow the guide completely

I got the wii without SD card so I can't make sure that before

After I saw your post, I realize I made noob mistake when I put boot.dol file, I place it directly under apps folder (SD:/apps/boot.dol)
I got the syscheck works now, this is the result from my wii

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS36 (rev 1042).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 3.3U (v353)

Could not detect the drive date!
Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 running on IOS36

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 42870831
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Singapore (153)
Boot2 v2
Found 75 titles.
Found 27 IOS on this console. 1 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 516): Flash Access
IOS11 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 257): Flash Access
IOS17 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 7): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1288): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 1039): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 1040): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 1042): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 2070): Trucha Bug
IOS38 (rev 3609): Trucha Bug
IOS53 (rev 4113): Trucha Bug
IOS55 (rev 4633): Trucha Bug
IOS60 (rev 6174): No Patches
IOS249[38] (rev 16): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
BC v4
MIOS v8
Report generated on 03/24/2021.

Do I proceed directly with modmii using this result?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This is not a Wii Mini right? I don't understand this:
I got the wii without SD card so I can't make sure that before
Assuming this is a normal Wii, you can proceed with ModMii. Just do as I advised in my earlier post.

Silfolion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This is not a Wii Mini right? I don't understand this:
Assuming this is a normal Wii, you can proceed with ModMii. Just do as I advised in my earlier post.

not Wii mini, normal Wii white color, you can see it in my photo before

I can't make sure other apps show up in HBC before because I use new SD Card with syscheck app only

Silfolion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If one app is shown then they all will once you proceed with modmii and copy more apps/files to your sd card

I use modmii with syscheck from my wii and got all the necessary files,
WAD installation going OK, but there is some option that not show up in guide
  • select ios, I choose 249 because default option
  • emulate nand device, I choose disabled because default option too
next step when I try install priiloader I got this error "ios36 isn't ES_identify patched"
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-25 at 13.26.46.jpeg

Did I miss something ??

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Did u skip the step of (re)installing the HBC?

Repeating steps is fine if your encounter something that seems a bit redundant, but skipping steps could be problematic depending on what you skip, so best to follow the guide completely

Edit: and those yawmm options that aren't in the guide are things you would not have seen had you been running a newer version of the HBC as directed

Edit2: launch the hackmii installer from your existing HBC, and go back to the step you skipped to install/update the HBC, you should also install/update bootmii and make a nand backup

Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your hbc is so old that yes, do that step first. I may need to make some adjustments to the syscheck wizard. Sorry if you didn't skip steps, usually the first step is to install the HBC. I will do some testing with your syscheck

Edit: thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Last edited by XFlak,

Silfolion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Your hbc is so old that yes, do that step first. I may need to make some adjustments to the syscheck wizard. Sorry if you didn't skip steps, usually the first step is to install the HBC. I will do some testing with your syscheck

Edit: thank you for bringing this to my attention!

it's alright, I successfully upgrade my wii's softmod, Thank you!
right now I use USB loader GX with USB thumb stick 32GB to play games

I notice the wii become weird, occasional freeze in system menu, occasional no video output (no connection), graphical glitch and freeze in usb loader GX menu
is this normal ?

my wii setup:
wii to hdmi adapter with hdmi cable to TV

I also try wiiflow so I can load games from SD card, when I put only 1 game (mario wii) works perfectly but after adding 2 more games (mario galaxy 1&2), the app crash in wiiflow menu, another attempt to load wiiflow result in blank screen so I'm going back using USB Loader GX

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The occasional glitch is normal, but no video output is not normal, maybe your hdmi adapter is failing or loose?

There's a priiloader hack for 480p system menu fix, but I'm not sure if that will make a difference with your hdmi adapter or only for component cables.

Does your wii only freeze when a particular device is inserted? Small thumb drives generally have compatibility issues but I've never heard of them freezing things up before, just not working.

If the console freezes no more than once for every 5-10 hours of usage I wouldn't be too concerned (depending on whether there is a pattern of failing when doing something in particular)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...