transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
armedtoreact said:
I softmod my wii using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131884&st=4710 and I put preloader on and I was wondering if someone could tell me which of the hacks I must activate please?

what firmware are you running i trieded installing preloader .29 jodi on my 4.2 and i couldnt get into my sys menu had to boot into hbc only so i took preloader off.

linkycat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grendel23 said:
Second question- How can I reset my softmodded Wii so it looks factory clean before I make the swap? I'm just concerned I'll give them the system as is and it will try to update itself at some point in the future and brick. This would not be good for me on many levels. I have searched for other posts on this and most people are just trying to fix software problems they have and are typically talked through fixing them without doing an actual reset. I really want this thing to look like it's out of the box. I have my NAND and keys file from when I softmodded if a restore is required via BootMii, but that doesn't remove the Homebrew Channel or any of the hacked IOS's or other files that Nintendo can detect as modifications, correct?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

I too asked this question a couple of days ago, because I couldn't find an answer... I'd really like to restore my wii to a factory setting... my brother did some softmodding to get the homebrew channel and a usb loader running. I'd like to know if it is possible to do a wipe of the system or something and just restore it all. Get rid of HBC, the USB loader... all the cIOS he may have installed, etc. To my knowledge I have no backups of anything... but right now everything is working perfectly. So I can currently execute homebrew code just fine.

I don't have much info on what was installed, because I didn't do it. I just know I buy all my games, and don't have time to mess with Homebrew or emulators... I own a DVD player, and I REALLY like to be able to update my devices when a new update comes out, and not worry that something is going to bust it.

So what do you think - what is the easy way for me to accomplish this? What info about my system do you need to know?

armedtoreact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
transam81 said:
armedtoreact said:
I softmod my wii using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131884&st=4710 and I put preloader on and I was wondering if someone could tell me which of the hacks I must activate please?

what firmware are you running i trieded installing preloader .29 jodi on my 4.2 and i couldnt get into my sys menu had to boot into hbc only so i took preloader off.
4.2 and system menu wasn't working for me either until I found the hacks.ini file for 4.2 from another topic on the forum.

I just don't know which hacks I have to enable.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
armedtoreact said:
transam81 said:
armedtoreact said:

4.2 and system menu wasn't working for me either until I found the hacks.ini file for 4.2 from another topic on the forum.

when i was running 4.1u i only used the "block disc update" so that i could play my retail of wii sports resort other then that i only use it as safety net in case i ever crashed my system menu.

armedtoreact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
transam81 said:
armedtoreact said:
transam81 said:
armedtoreact said:

when i was running 4.1u i only used the "block disc update" so that i could play my retail of wii sports resort other then that i only use it as safety net in case i ever crashed my system menu.
Thank you.

Does anyone know if there is an app I can put on my sd card that will allow me to edit various emulators forwarder locations?

Black_Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let's give this shot. Need to install the correct IOS to update my Homebrew to 1.0.6

Information on my case.
  • Currently updated to 4.2 through 'approved' means.
  • Had to change my IOS to IOS61 v19.26, (I used IOS61-6-v4890.wad) through WAD Manager v1.5 on Homebrew, because my HB menu was upside down.
  • Now when I try to update, the HackMii Installer v0.6 says 'There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii'
Doing some quick research, should I just use IOS36 and install it as a wad to make an acceptable IOS for Hackmii and not have my Homebrew Menu revert to being upside down?

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Firmware version, go to settings menu, it will show it there somewhere. Dont remember exactly where
tongue.gif

Corrupted files? Which corrupted files?

killmoves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
erikk1 said:
Firmware version, go to settings menu, it will show it there somewhere. Dont remember exactly where
tongue.gif

Corrupted files? Which corrupted files?
Heck, I might be in trouble. Right now i can only access Preloader, Bootmii and HBC.

Thanks anyway

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you try to load the system menu through preloader but it gives you the corrupted file message, you probably have to es_identify patch your system menu ios. Dop IOS can do that.

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if any one can give me a basic breakdown of what each of the hacks in the hack.ini for the preloader is used for, i dont want to tur the wrong ones on..

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was reading the cIOCORP README and it says some games won't work or will have a problem. such as MArio KArt wii.
But will I be able to play those games using Neogamma? thats what I'm using right now and it works so...or by installing cIOSCORP i won't be able to play those games properly anymore?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
So I was reading the cIOCORP README and it says some games won't work or will have a problem. such as MArio KArt wii.
But will I be able to play those games using Neogamma? thats what I'm using right now and it works so...or by installing cIOSCORP i won't be able to play those games properly anymore?

hey i just read this on another thread! i like the answer they gave you over there on Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod. i would stick with HDD and not mess with cioCorp at all.

I use the WiiFlow usb loader it looks freakin sweet and finds all the covers to your Wii games.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea i post it there too but the only answer I got was use the HDD. and I was looking for another solution.
Oo well I'll wait for black friday and get one. maybe it will be cheaper
biggrin.gif

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C175R said:
yea i post it there too but the only answer I got was use the HDD. and I was looking for another solution.
biggrin.gif

ok well if your only option is dvd-r, then i would might i suggest neogamma r7? i found a neogamma channel so i don't need to open HBC to run it any more.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
transam81 said:
C175R said:
biggrin.gif

ok well if your only option is dvd-r, then i would might i suggest neogamma r7? i found a neogamma channel so i don't need to open HBC to run it any more.

what you mean? I have neogamma r7 but I have to open the HBC to go and use the neogamma r7 and play the games?

mchapin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This worked perfect - just my VD and wiware to go - got this great info on here, but need one more piece of info.

In the following outline it doesn't tell me what IOS to select to use to install the new ios's mentioned below.

You need to put the trucha bug on your system menu IOS. So if you are on 4.2, you need to use DOP-IOS to install IOS70 v 6174 with the sig hash check. If you also have preloader, you will have to reinstall preloader after doing that by holding reset to get into it and loading the HBC from there and running the installer again because it will say your system menu is corrupt (because preloader needs to patch that new IOS60 again.)

Someone Please help, I'm so close.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mchapin said:
This worked perfect - just my VD and wiware to go - got this great info on here, but need one more piece of info.

In the following outline it doesn't tell me what IOS to select to use to install the new ios's mentioned below.

You need to put the trucha bug on your system menu IOS. So if you are on 4.2, you need to use DOP-IOS to install IOS70 v 6174 with the sig hash check. If you also have preloader, you will have to reinstall preloader after doing that by holding reset to get into it and loading the HBC from there and running the installer again because it will say your system menu is corrupt (because preloader needs to patch that new IOS60 again.)

Someone Please help, I'm so close.

i use wad manager 1.5 to install the patched ios 70. do this before installing preloader.

@C175R did you get it installed yet and if you have preloader or star patched installed you can also move your disc channel neogamma boots retail and backups for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol