Hacking Noob, need help working R4 revolution for DS please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter movieguy12
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,988
  • Replies Replies 31
I downloaded R4SDHC v1.34 and put all the files from that on the sd card. Then I downloaded the retrogamefan multi cart update and took the files from the R4SDHC and moved them to the sd card, overwriting any files. Did I do that right? Because Im still getting black screens on startup.
 
Kodesmack said:
I downloaded R4SDHC v1.34 and put all the files from that on the sd card. Then I downloaded the retrogamefan multi cart update and took the files from the R4SDHC and moved them to the sd card, overwriting any files. Did I do that right? Because Im still getting black screens on startup.
remove everything from the original firmware (everything from R4SDHC v1.34) and just put everything in the multicart update R4SDHC folder into your micro SD card.
 
s4mid4re said:
Kodesmack said:
I downloaded R4SDHC v1.34 and put all the files from that on the sd card. Then I downloaded the retrogamefan multi cart update and took the files from the R4SDHC and moved them to the sd card, overwriting any files. Did I do that right? Because Im still getting black screens on startup.
remove everything from the original firmware (everything from R4SDHC v1.34) and just put everything in the multicart update R4SDHC folder into your micro SD card.
Just tried that, still black screens.
sad.gif
 
Kodesmack said:
s4mid4re said:
Kodesmack said:
I downloaded R4SDHC v1.34 and put all the files from that on the sd card. Then I downloaded the retrogamefan multi cart update and took the files from the R4SDHC and moved them to the sd card, overwriting any files. Did I do that right? Because Im still getting black screens on startup.
remove everything from the original firmware (everything from R4SDHC v1.34) and just put everything in the multicart update R4SDHC folder into your micro SD card.
Just tried that, still black screens.
sad.gif
does your cart have a website written on it? If so, what's the website?
 
Kodesmack said:
No not on the cart itself. I dont have the box anymore either, but i remember it telling me to get my files from http://www.r4ds.me/. Sorry I dont know more
I don't see r4ds.me on YSmenu's compatibility list, but the download page of the website has wood 1.37 (the latest wood) O:

Download it and check if it works. If it does, you've got a wood r4 compatible clone.
happy.gif
 
Wood R4 will load okay, but every game i try to play with it gives me white screens. Do I need something else with wood, or can my flashcart just not use it?
 
Kodesmack said:
Wood R4 will load okay, but every game i try to play with it gives me white screens. Do I need something else with wood, or can my flashcart just not use it?
Have you tried formatting wit the panasonic SD formatter? It's inside RGF multicart update, inside the extras folder. Back everything up and set it to Full Format ON and Size Adjustment ON

Put everything back in and try again.

If this doesn't work I don't know what to do anymore /:
The only thing I can suggest is to get a better flashcart like the acekard 2i or r4i Gold (make sure it's from r4ids.cn and not any other crap clone)
 
s4mid4re said:
Kodesmack said:
Wood R4 will load okay, but every game i try to play with it gives me white screens. Do I need something else with wood, or can my flashcart just not use it?
Have you tried formatting wit the panasonic SD formatter? It's inside RGF multicart update, inside the extras folder. Back everything up and set it to Full Format ON and Size Adjustment ON

Put everything back in and try again.

If this doesn't work I don't know what to do anymore /:
The only thing I can suggest is to get a better flashcart like the acekard 2i or r4i Gold (make sure it's from r4ids.cn and not any other crap clone)

Sadly im still getting white screens. I appreciate all your help. Hopefully weve narrowed it down or Ill just have to save up for a better card
 
erm, what game are you trying to load?
just find a dstt normal kernal and test whether you can launch or not first
 
you can try the following step:
1. google for "DSTT Official English Firmware 1.18" and download from filetrip
2.install it
3. then go download retrofan multicart update to update it to play newer game
4.copy all the file in the r4-sdhc_r4i-sdhc ttmenu folder and replace the file in your memory card
5. you are done
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted